Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Chronic Dev Team: We Have A Working Untethered iOS 5 Jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by Rylax26 View Post
    Finally! I'm going to do what I always do when these jailbreaks come out though...wait a week until the servers stop getting slammed and the bugs get reported, then upgrade. I wonder if I'll be able to do this untethered jailbreak over my tethered redsn0w jailbreak.
    May want to be careful with that...it'd suck if Apple quickly patches it and when you need to upgrade you cannot upgrade to 5.0 or 5.0.1.

On a related note, can you save an SHSH for 5.0 if you're running 4.x? If so, it's time to fire up TinyUmbrella as soon as I get home.

Double post : P
    Last edited by blwallace5; 12-09-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,551 Times in 7,110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    May want to be careful with that...it'd suck if Apple quickly patches it and when you need to upgrade you cannot upgrade to 5.0 or 5.0.1.

On a related note, can you save an SHSH for 5.0 if you're running 4.x? If so, it's time to fire up TinyUmbrella as soon as I get home.
    You can save your SHSH for 5.0.1. But not 5.0 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Well Anthony, like we both know there's always going to be those people where nothing is good enough and they expect that these dev teams owe them this stuff. And it's always the people who don't donate a dime to help them. It's funny, because remember our little friend who was just bad mouthing CDT and their crash reporter? Well I bet he feels pretty ignorant right now. I'm happy that CDT has figured out an untethered exploit, I hoped it would be them who found and released it first, because greenp0ison for 4.2.1 was by far (IMO) the best and most stable jailbreak I ever used. Thank you Chronic Dev Team and I can't wait for the release. You guys are brilliant! I'll be sure to go donate some more $ today.
    I am not complaining in any way because I really appreciate the work these guys put in, but greenpoison on 4.2.1 was by far the least stable jailbreak I have ever used. Four different devices, all of them crashed and rebooted a minimum of two times daily. Blackrain and the newest snowbreeze have been the best to me. Never had a single crash with either of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blwallace5 View Post
    I am not complaining in any way because I really appreciate the work these guys put in, but greenpoison on 4.2.1 was by far the least stable jailbreak I have ever used. Four different devices, all of them crashed and rebooted a minimum of two times daily. Blackrain and the newest snowbreeze have been the best to me. Never had a single crash with either of them.

It's funny how things work differently for people. 4.2 green poison has been my best so far. Not had big issues with jailbreakme or Redsnow but the odd random respring here and there.

It's as if each jailbreak is individually hand made and so varies widely on different devices.

Regardless, I'm very excited for a new GreenPoison.

Thanks

This is good news for the tethered 5.0 and 5.0.1 but f a 4s im waiting on the iphone 5.

Great news!

I'm proud that I sent all of those houndres of crash reports, if it gave them some help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    You and me both!!!!
    I'm getting board with my bone stock 4S!!!
    I feel for u 4S owners with not even a tether jailbreak #fingerscrossed

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I will be so stoked if they jb iOS 5 for iPad 2!

they got a working UT JB so when are they gonna release it?!?!

Nvm.
    Last edited by Cer0; 12-09-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedrush View Post
    Hope they show the 4s some love.
    I hope so also! I just bought the iPhone 4s and it came with 5.0.1 of course.. 😔 but I still have my 4 with 4.3.3 JB.. Keep looking at it and miss it.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    It's funny how things work differently for people. 4.2 green poison has been my best so far. Not had big issues with jailbreakme or Redsnow but the odd random respring here and there.

It's as if each jailbreak is individually hand made and so varies widely on different devices.

Definitely excited! While everyone would love a perfect jailbreak, the truth of it is I would take a jailbreak that might crash long before I would leave my phone stock. : D

This place is starting to look like myspace with all the animated junk in the posts. All we need now is a last.fm plugin that force starts itself.

ok i have a quick ? i am currently on a jb ip4 ver 4.3.3. Does the mod.my/redsn0wmac099b7 tethered jb work on 5.0.1.? It allows you to choose 5.0.1 in the menu up top when you go to "I want to jb my" when u go thru the menu and choose what you have BUT when you actually get in the blog "How to jb using redsnow 0.9.9 (OSX)" to explain how to do it, it stops @ ip4/5.0. So I jus want to make sure b4 i update tonight bc the 5.1 that is threatening to come out, and if the untethered jb for the 5.0.1 doesn't come in in a timely manner that I can at least have a tethered jb ip4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aceklub View Post
    ok i have a quick ? i am currently on a jb ip4 ver 4.3.3. Does the mod.my/redsn0wmac099b7 tethered jb work on 5.0.1.? It allows you to choose 5.0.1 in the menu up top when you go to "I want to jb my" when u go thru the menu and choose what you have BUT when you actually get in the blog "How to jb using redsnow 0.9.9 (OSX)" to explain how to do it, it stops @ ip4/5.0. So I jus want to make sure b4 i update tonight bc the 5.1 that is threatening to come out, and if the untethered jb for the 5.0.1 doesn't come in in a timely manner that I can at least have a tethered jb ip4?
    Save your current blobs with tiny then shift restore to 5.0.1
    Then DL redsnow
    Go to iClarified and Dl iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1
    When you JB you will need to point to iOS 5 not 5.0.1, to do this on redsnow go to extras an select ISPW

Do that then back and start the JB
    When you do the tethered Reboot you have to set redsnow like this each time
    Also after JB get semitether from cydia its free and keeps the phone usable incase of reboot

Gl

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I feel for u 4S owners with not even a tether jailbreak #fingerscrossed
    I really don't so much
    Apple is the problem, they continue to block JB ( I believe its morally wrong since there are people who want it and its legal)
    People did not have to jump sell their i4 like sheep and get 4s just to complain. NoJB
    For new users yes I'm sorry but if we all would put pressure on apple maybe it would change

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post

I used spirit the first time I ever jailbroke my iPod and it worked just fine. It only worked for 3.1.3 and I never updated until 5.0 and missed all my opportunities to jb. I have a iPod 4g also on 5.0.1. I saved my other iPod on 5.0 specifically for a jailbreak and can't wait.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So....what types of bugs are you killing?

-Total Noob

I suddenly got a massive boner..

-Total Noob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast