+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jawbone Up Return Program Offers A Great Deal

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Jawbone is offering a great return program for those with malfunctioning devices. Jawbone Up is a cool techy bracelet for iOS users who want to track their sleeping habits, fitness
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Jawbone Up Return Program Offers A Great Deal

Jawbone is offering a great return program for those with malfunctioning devices.

Jawbone Up is a cool techy bracelet for iOS users who want to track their sleeping habits, fitness habits, and things of that sort. It is used to help get you in shape and annoy you when you are doing things against good habits. For some, this seemed like a really cool idea. After a while from its release, users started reporting problems with the device. Sadly, the bracelet suffered from poor battery life and syncing issues. Jawbone has ceased production of the Jawbone Up bracelet, but they have promised that they will continue to offer application updates for the current users of the bracelet.

Obviously, for a device like this, battery life is essential or else it will not be able to record your habits for use in the iOS application. If it doesn't have the ability to do that, then it's a pointless product. Jawbone will probably take this time which it has stopped in production of the Jawbone Up bracelet to try and perfect the design flaws that are leading to the syncing and battery problems. By then, we should be able to discern a really awesome product on the market that will help people get into shape using their iOS devices. The Jawbone CEO, Hosain Rahman, has been quoted as he said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hosain Rahman
    While many of you continue to enjoy the UP experience, we know that some of you have experienced issues with your UP band. Given our commitment to delivering the highest quality products, this is unacceptable and you have our deepest apologies. For most of you, this program is simply meant to offer peace of mind. Please continue to enjoy your UP band and keep sharing your experience with us. If you encounter any problems with your UP band, contact Jawbone directly for your choice of a replacement and/or refund under this program. It's that simple.
    To try and fix the wrong that was done by the faulty bracelets from Jawbone, Jawbone is offering a no-questions-asked money back guarantee and not only that, you will also be allowed to keep your faulty Jawbone Up bracelet. This means that the user of the defective bracelet ends up with a free Jawbone Up bracelet (faulty of course) as well as the $99 plus tax paid for the product in their pocket. Albeit I'm sure that some will use this return policy to their advantage, problems or not, the Jawbone company is sincerely doing what they can to make things right and for that, I honor them as a company. I just hope that the next release (should they try again) will be more stable and work correctly for the users who pay $99 plus tax on it.

Are you a Jawbone Up user? Share your experiences in the comments!

Sources: PCMag
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-09-2011 at 08:02 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Went out and bought one the minute I saw this announced. First Best Buy was looking up their stock to see if they had a medium when they got the message to pull them all and they wouldn't sell me one. Next Best Buy I grabbed it minutes before they pulled all of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

I am a user of Jambox Jawbone bluetooth speakers and i love it. Good product but pricey.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FoneWeasel View Post
    Went out and bought one the minute I saw this announced. First Best Buy was looking up their stock to see if they had a medium when they got the message to pull them all and they wouldn't sell me one. Next Best Buy I grabbed it minutes before they pulled all of them.
    congratulations... i find it interesting that you're openly proud of being a scammer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by busta` View Post
    congratulations... i find it interesting that you're openly proud of being a scammer.
    What's your problem? He wanted the bracelet, so he went out and got one while he could. He didn't say anything about taking advantage of the return policy. No need to jump to conclusions.

EDIT: On second reading, I see what you mean. Why jump to buy one only when this was announced? That does seem a tad shady.
    Last edited by stevelucky; 12-08-2011 at 06:31 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    EDIT: On second reading, I see what you mean. Why jump to buy one only when this was announced? That does seem a tad shady.
    Exactly... Hoping to buy a fully working unit to keep when you submit for a replacement claiming it's defective... I mean, to each his or her own. I'm not perfect but Jawbone is exhibiting great customer service in dealing with this issue (showing they care about the customer) and will inevitably get ripped off by the greedy ones.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Why NOT buy UP?
    You have to think beyond the obvious! Why would someone buy an UP wristband right now?! Simple, because its free and you make money if you thought far enough ahead of everyone else. I just bought the remaining 4 at my local Target after hearing this announcement. Why? 1. Because not every unit is defective. 2. I paid 89.99 + Tax and Jawbone issues a $109.43 cash refund for each unit (regardless of how many you purchased or when and you get to keep them!). So, if you wanna keep the train of thought simple, it comes down to this: I made $52.56 buying four of my friends Christmas Gifts that will most likely not be defective. Now, If you think this is stupid, rewind, read again and get your mind straight

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spyder2005 View Post
    You have to think beyond the obvious! Why would someone buy an UP wristband right now?! Simple, because its free and you make money if you thought far enough ahead of everyone else. I just bought the remaining 4 at my local Target after hearing this announcement. Why? 1. Because not every unit is defective. 2. I paid 89.99 + Tax and Jawbone issues a $109.43 cash refund for each unit (regardless of how many you purchased or when and you get to keep them!). So, if you wanna keep the train of thought simple, it comes down to this: I made $52.56 buying four of my friends Christmas Gifts that will most likely not be defective. Now, If you think this is stupid, rewind, read again and get your mind straight
    So what exactly is it that you celebrate at Christmas? Surely itís not the birth of someone who suggested we all treat each other with the same respect we ourselves expect from others, and that we not take advantage of each otherís weaknesses.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Insurance
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    What's your problem? He wanted the bracelet, so he went out and got one while he could. He didn't say anything about taking advantage of the return policy. No need to jump to conclusions.

Maybe they bought as soon as a return policy was announced so that he would have some insurance if the unit he purchased was indeed defective. If it wasn't he may have been planning on continuing to use it and not request the return. There are many possibilities and we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that FoneWeasel is in fact a scammer...

He didn't blatantly say so like other parties I won't mention

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneDoc View Post
    So what exactly is it that you celebrate at Christmas? Surely itís not the birth of someone who suggested we all treat each other with the same respect we ourselves expect from others, and that we not take advantage of each otherís weaknesses.
    To be fair, there are a lot of people that don't celebrate Christmas because of the birth of someone, but whether you believe that stuff or not, if your first though after hearing about this store is "How can I screw someone and make a quick buck" you have issues.

Green Apple
    Thanks

"...seized production..."
    Really? That's where we stand with education now? We don't know "seize" from "cease". GREAT! We're F'ed!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Sort of off-topic, but does anyone actually like this device? I bought one when it first came out, and was disappointed it's not as "smart" as I expected from the promotional materials; all of the syncing required sort of defeats the purpose. I returned it within two days (and bought a Jambox, which is fantastic).

Anyway, to each his own.