Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Get A 700 Pound Speaker With iPhone Dock

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'm sorry, but anyone that invests that much money into an audio system designed for mp3 playback is a freaking moron.

$30000 can get me a top notch turntable, cartridge, pre-amp, a better set of speakers than the crap in this thing, AND a decent record collection.

Just had a crazy idea... Apple producing high-end audio equipment... *drools* If they ever got into that game, I think the competition would drive the other manufacturers way down, get other people into the hobby, and introduce all sorts of new innovations to the industry. And it would be the perfect reason for apple to begin offering hi-rez audio through iTunes, which WILL happen within the next 3 years.
    Last edited by mrrom92; 12-07-2011 at 09:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

700 lbs? How the heck are you suppose to bring it home? How is it suppose to ship? Don't see that going air mail!
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

useful but expensive.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This seems like a gag item, but at THAT price tag it can't be.

Seriously... where does one put this? What sort of room do you use it in? Why would you not spend $30k on a stellar surround sound system? I just cannot imagine who this is marketed for. Maybe rich rock stars that have way too much cash to burn even though the music industry is somehow hurting as a result of piracy...

Thanks

Wow. What is the point of making a that

Quote Originally Posted by mrrom92 View Post
    I'm sorry, but anyone that invests that much money into an audio system designed for mp3 playback is a freaking moron.

$30000 can get me a top notch turntable, cartridge, pre-amp, a better set of speakers than the crap in this thing, AND a decent record collection.
    hmmm seeing as how you've never seen, heard, or even know what exactly is inside that enclosure, you really can't just go off and call it crap. How about you wait until it's actually released and people have seen and heard it before you pass judgement.

Default Word...
    Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    EPIC WIN

period.

Nothing left to say

That is B@D @SS!!!!!!

Bring on the Jamz...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    hmmm seeing as how you've never seen, heard, or even know what exactly is inside that enclosure, you really can't just go off and call it crap. How about you wait until it's actually released and people have seen and heard it before you pass judgement.

You know what, you're right, you do have a point. I shouldn't say anything regarding it's performance until I can actually experience. However, being extremely familiar with the state of modern electronics and high-end audio, I am willing to bet large amounts of money that the components in this thing will perform closer to an oversized $100 sound system rather than a $30000 one, or even a $3000 system. I can already tell just based on the photo that the soundstage imaging will be subpar, but that isn't really what they're trying to achieve if they're marketing this as a component in a PA system.

The high price is a direct result of the fact that they are not mass producing these, in case anyone was wondering.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This has got to be the funniest thing that I have seen in a while. I am literally lmfao here!!!

Someone will buy it tho, just for the heck of it lol

Thanks

Wait...no giveaway?

Free shipping if you're an Amazon Prime member.

30000? ill buy myself an audi, kthx bye.
    Hah, but entertaining article.

If only I were on my Donald Trump sh*t...

dear santa give me one please…

This looked cool till I saw BEHRINGER on the side of it. I think its cute that a company that makes cheap crap audio gear has the nerve to create a speaker as big as this and charge that much. I'd pay about $250 for that thing and it better come w/ a warranty.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrrom92 View Post
    You know what, you're right, you do have a point. I shouldn't say anything regarding it's performance until I can actually experience. However, being extremely familiar with the state of modern electronics and high-end audio, I am willing to bet large amounts of money that the components in this thing will perform closer to an oversized $100 sound system rather than a $30000 one, or even a $3000 system. I can already tell just based on the photo that the soundstage imaging will be subpar, but that isn't really what they're trying to achieve if they're marketing this as a component in a PA system.

The high price is a direct result of the fact that they are not mass producing these, in case anyone was wondering.
    I couldn't agree with you more on that one. It has to be for something other than just music. Also if it put out quite a beat don't you think it would vibrate the iPhone out of the dock? Perhaps even damage the iPhone due to extreme vibrations? (That's why I'm thinking it's not for music.)
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12