Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Flipboard Released for iPhone - Includes New Cover Stories Feature

Thanks

Default Flipboard Released for iPhone - Includes New Cover Stories Feature

The highly successful personal magazine app known as Flipboard has been updated to a universal version that now also works on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Some of the features that are included in the latest update for Flipboard include the following:

• Cover Stories for iPhone, a selection of interesting articles and photos being shared with you right now. And it gets smarter every time you use it. (Coming soon to iPad.)
    • Speed. Flip through pages as you would through a printed magazine, all with the flick of a thumb.
    • Flipboard Accounts: Sign into your Flipboard from either iPhone or iPad and get instant access to all your favorite content. Check out All Timelines. Flip through a single feed containing all articles and all photos being shared across all your social networks.

Cover Stories is Flipboard’s latest enhancement (currently exclusive to the iPhone and iPod Touch), which the team explained in a recent blog post:

With Flipboard for iPhone we’re introducing Cover Stories. Think of Cover Stories as the feed to check when you’re in line at the coffee shop, commuting on the train or just hanging out at home. It contains a constantly updated selection of interesting articles and photos being shared with you right now.

Cover Stories come from all your Flipboard tiles, including social networks like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. As you add more sources to your Flipboard, their posts will begin to appear in your Cover Stories.
    The set up for the iPhone is extremely simple for first time users and those of you who have a Flipboard account in the iPad app, you can have all your data sync over seamlessly. The experience of using the app itself is a tad bit different from the iPad version for obvious reasons (size). Only one article shows up at a time in the viewer and you swipe vertically through articles rather than swiping horizontally as on the iPad.

There are some quirks though as the app doesn’t provide support for any landscape orientation at this point, which seems to be a rather strange omission. Other than that though, using Flipboard on the iPhone feels great. For those of you who don’t own an iPad and haven’t experienced the beauty of Flipboard, I’d recommend that you check it out right away.

It’s a personal favorite of mine and many others as well considering the great reviews the app has gotten. Share any thoughts and opinions of the app in the comments below!

Source: Apple App Store, Flipboard (blog)

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Flipboard is my main app on my iPad. Glad it's on the iPhone. First post, my first ever!

Thanks

if it had a better RSS finder I' d use it over my main RSS reader. Until then I find it useless

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

Just tried it but couldn't get past the bit where you choose your categories. Says to check my connection even though I'm clearly online. :/

Owell, looked decent but I'll never know....

My flipboard is showing no content as of today!
    Anybody know what´s up?

Quote Originally Posted by allanes5 View Post
    My flipboard is showing no content as of today!
    Anybody know what´s up?
    Same here, no updated content

Quote Originally Posted by Kdavis220 View Post
    Same here, no updated content
    Pretty sure their servers are getting crushed right now. I can't access it at all from the new app (says I need to check my internet connection).

Yes, I have checked my internet connection :P

Default no internet connection error
    Giving me the no connection error as well. I have been waiting for htis a long time. Flipboard looks really nice on the ipad but I only have the iphone so I hope they get the bugs worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by KraXik View Post
    Just tried it but couldn't get past the bit where you choose your categories. Says to check my connection even though I'm clearly online. :/

Owell, looked decent but I'll never know....

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    if it had a better RSS finder I' d use it over my main RSS reader. Until then I find it useless
    Check out the pulse news app

Flipboard on my iPad is refreshing again.
    Working great on iPhone as well.

Thanks

The servers were previously down due to an influx of users. Everything as mentioned by allanes5 is working once again.

THKs...

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    Flipboard is my main app on my iPad. Glad it's on the iPhone. First post, my first ever!
    By the way..... What is the reward for being first?? A pat on the back? A high five? Or is it self rewarding???