+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Tweet From Anywhere With An Amazing Looking GUI

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Twitkafly has a ton of features for Twitter on the go! Recently in the release of the new Activator for iOS 5 (okay, maybe not to recent, but it's still
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Giveaway] Tweet From Anywhere With An Amazing Looking GUI

Twitkafly has a ton of features for Twitter on the go!

Recently in the release of the new Activator for iOS 5 (okay, maybe not to recent, but it's still a new feature as of late) you could invoke an Activator action to compose a lone tweet from anywhere on your iDevice. There was a significant lag when invoking this feature as the Twitter dialogue box hadn't opened for several seconds. iOS jailbreak Developer, Moeseth, brought us a tweak a while back that lets you tweet from anywhere in SpringBoard without the lag of the default Activator option. On top of things, Twitkafly does more than the default Activator method and it looks cooler. Twitkafly even includes custom animations which look entirely sick!

As you can see from the image above, there are three buttons on the GUI which let you do one of three things: cancel the Tweet, tag people using the contacts-looking button, or tweet what you are listening to using the music-looking button. Aside from that, you can type a message in the text box. Twitkafly has a myriad of settings. It's not boggled down to simply being a quick-Twitter-Tweeting system, on top of that, there are more features. The settings of Twitkafly can be seen below:

You can enable Twitkafly on demand. It's not something that you need to be forced into using and you can use it whenever you feel like it will be convenient for you. Some of the settings include which application Twitkafly will reply with (Twitter.app by default), the ability to use TwitterConnect, the ability to add multiple usernames, and the ability to select your own activator action for composing Tweets. On top of those basic settings, there is the ability to share the music you are listening to and disable the annoying auto-correct. Additionally, if you want to dismiss a notification from Twitkafly, you can choose to use the 'Just button, button or 2 Taps on Background, 2 Taps on Background, or 3 Taps on Background'. These options can be configured under the, "To Hide" cell in the settings of Twitkafly. Under that you will find a whitelist and black list for which you don't want to hear from/want to hear from.

Aside from all of those awesome features that the stock twitter in iOS does not have, Twitkafly comes with its own documentation included and has support built into the application so that you can email Moeseth with problems. When you get notifications using Twitkafly, you will notice a new icon instead of the stock iOS Twitter application icon. The Twitkafly icon looks really cool as well. To not spoil the surprise, we will let you find that on your own! Twitkafly depends on Twitter.app or Tweetbot.app and it works on iOS 4 and iOS 5. It works with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch and works with Lockinfo, MobileNotifier, Vibrafication, and more.

Moeseth had one idea in mind when creating Twitkafly; he wanted a Twitter response and Tweeting system that looked as good as it performed. It also makes Tweeting so much easier on the fly. With Moeseth being a heavy Twitter user himself like many iOS developers, it's no kidding that something like this would be useful for his needs. I have found by using it myself that it is very pleasant to use, the interface is sexy, and on top of all things, it's fluidly fast and not laggy. I love Twitkafly and I will continue to use it over the stock abilities.

Name: Twitkafly
    Price: $1.99
    Version: 3.1-4
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Moeseth
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

The Giveaway!

Moeseth was generous enough to offer to give away TEN copies of Twitkafly!

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @Modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win Twitkafly for iPhone!"

Winners will be announced on Wednesday, December 7. Good luck to all of you that enter!

What do you think about Twitkafly? Share in the comments below!

Sources: Moeseth
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-06-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Title Typo

Banned
    Thanks

He should make the same thing with the same interface except make it a quick reply for SMS & Facebook postings. that would be nice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow we're throwing the word "amazing" around pretty loosely now

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I want this for google plus.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ericwall's Avatar
    Thanks

This idea was stolen from qTweeter!!!!!

Thanks

I wish some of these developers would enlist the help of us designers. These interfaces and stuff really need tweaking.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

c0dy (12-07-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

People actually tweet still? Twitter has to be one of the most overrated websites ever.
    iRepair Indy

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the interface looks pretty spiffy. The animations that it comes with make it feel even better.

Thanks

No twitter here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love the GUI ! the only reason i stopped using the original twitter activator action was the lag.. so annoying! So this is just perfect

Thanks
    qTwitter is the ultimate and best ever twitter/Facebook App on any iOS device for fastest access all areas system. Or any other device in fact.
    And out of this world UI

Banned
    Thanks

These interfaces and stuff really need tweaking.