+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Survey from Consumer Reports Gives Praise to Verizon, Jabs to AT&T

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Survey from Consumer Reports Gives Praise to Verizon, Jabs to AT&T

On Tuesday, Consumer Reports - the venerable consumer watchdog - published the results of its 2011 survey of U.S. carriers. And it turns out that Verizon is the big winner, while AT&T finished dead last.

Of the four major U.S. national cell-phone standard service providers, Verizon scored the highest in this year’s Ratings. In second was Sprint. "Survey respondents gave very good scores to Verizon for texting and data service satisfaction, as well for staff knowledge," the report reads.

T-Mobile, meanwhile, placed third below Verizon and Sprint but "continued to rate significantly better than the higher-priced AT&T." Consumer Reports reached its findings from a survey of more than 66,000 subscribers, each of whom was surveyed regarding their service and customer-support experience (with both standard and no-contract providers).

“Our survey indicates that subscribers to prepaid and smaller standard-service providers are happiest overall with their cell-phone service,” said Paul Reynolds, electronics editor for Consumer Reports. “However, these carriers aren’t for everyone. Some are only regional, and prepaid carriers tend to offer few or no smart phones.The major carriers are still leading options for many consumers, and we found they ranged widely in how well they satisfied their customers.”

Source: Consumer Reports

Thanks

Where you live and what carriers are available in your area depends on how you choose your carrier. We have AT&T and Verizon where I live and AT&T has the best coverage where I use my phone mainly. Verizon would work good at home but not for my work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

I got bloody sprint!!!! Miss u AT&T!! I'll be back soon baby ;(

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

I live on the edge of city limits so no doesnt matter what carrier I go to signal sucks

Thanks

I live in western Oklahoma and we just got 3G 3 months ago. We got better service since then.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

Originally from the USVI sprint is but the worst down there. Horrible coverage in the area and even when you got a signal it was low and always dropped. AT&T was and still is the best choice there. That's why I stick with them. And so far never failed me here in FLA

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Out of all the carriers I believe AT&T does have the best coverage (not saying best coverage in every little nook spot) and they prob know that so there customer service sucks. Kinda balances out. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little customer service for better coverage.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyj29 View Post
    Where you live and what carriers are available in your area depends on how you choose your carrier. We have AT&T and Verizon where I live and AT&T has the best coverage where I use my phone mainly. Verizon would work good at home but not for my work.
    I totally agree. Ditto

Banned
    Thanks

Horrible coverage in the area and even when you got a signal it was low and always dropped.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    AT&T forgives all who stray from the path. Amen and amen. Bless you my son.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves182 View Post
    I have had Sprint in the past, and currently have it on my work phone. I have no idea how they rated so well because their service has always been terrible compared to Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile. Their speed is terrible on 3G, might as well be EDGE, always dropping calls and coverage is equally as poor.
    Really?

Thanks

I have AT&T because when I first got my iPhone, they were the only choice. I couldn't be happier with them. I have never had a customer service issue with them, and my data speed is consistently 2-3 times higher than my friends with Verizon. Being able to add any number of calls to conference and browse the Internet while talking comes in handy too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eg6motion View Post
    I have had Sprint in the past, and currently have it on my work phone. I have no idea how they rated so well because their service has always been terrible compared to Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile. Their speed is terrible on 3G, might as well be EDGE, always dropping calls and coverage is equally as poor.

EXACTLY!! That's what I'm going through right now!!

[QUOTE=Airwaves182;6327129]EXACTLY!! That's what I'm going through right now!! It's funny when I switched the sprint employees were talking shitttt about AT&T and Verizon & t-mobile and guess what there the worst out of all of em! My sis has t-mobile and she has way better signal! Can't wait till I go back to AT&T! Sucka duck sprint!!!
    Last edited by Airwaves182; 12-06-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks

Verizon its good but sprint sucks in NYC, I'm fine with at&t

Thanks

Is it something new that we are hearing? I mean AT&T is not new with the iPhone and all knows about its performance with the iPhone. And specially with the new iphone 4S when the transfer rate has been increased to 15 Mbps almost and so are the expectations of people increasing the AT&T is really having a tough time!
    but somehow the survey didn't amaze me at all.

Thanks

AT&T sucks period, ever since I've been on Verizon I've had no issues...

Just my opinion so don't get to crazy people lol....

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

When the iPhone came out I paid my way out of Verizon. I have AT&T but checked out both AT&T and Verizon on the iPhone and both get the same amount of bars in the areas I have been in so far. Happy with AT&T so far and don't see a reason to change.

"Always remember your special and unique!"