+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ac1dsn0w Beta 2 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Remember Ac1dsn0w by the Pwn Dev Team? Ac1dsn0w is an alternative TETHERED JAILBREAK tool that iOS 5 iDevice owners can choose from amongst Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze. If you remember correctly,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 773 Posts

Default Ac1dsn0w Beta 2 Released

Remember Ac1dsn0w by the Pwn Dev Team?

Ac1dsn0w is an alternative TETHERED JAILBREAK tool that iOS 5 iDevice owners can choose from amongst Redsn0w and Sn0wbreeze. If you remember correctly, the Pwn Dev Team was hammered hard with their first release with both disappointment in that the jailbreak was still tethered and also that the tool infringed on copyright laws by using Apple's own material a myriad of times as MuscleNerd confirmed on the day of its first release.

Ac1dsn0w Beta 2 is the first major improvement to the tool. For starters, the Pwn Dev Team claims that the tool no longer uses Apple's material. For that reason, we will be providing download links this time.

Additionally, issues with the tool not working for some have hopefully been resolved in Acidsn0w Beta 2 since many users were unable to jailbreak their iDevice using Ac1dsn0w Beta 1. The show console option of Ac1dsn0w Beta 2 received a major revamp over Beta 1 and it should be much more accurate with what it's really doing.

Ac1dsn0w is a straightforward tool just like the rest of the jailbreak tools and it provides a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5 users. It doesn't work with the iPhone 4S as many have been hoping, but it works on older iDevices (iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G, iPad 1). The Pwn Dev Team promises that in the future we will be able to use Ac1dsn0w for remote jailbreaking which means that you can help your friends jailbreak their iDevice from anywhere around the globe as long as you have an internet connection to them. The file size of Ac1dsn0w Beta 2 is significantly smaller than the Beta 1 release. It's only about 15% of the original 100MB+ file size. The only real difference at this point in time between Ac1dsn0w and the other tools is just the look of the interface.

You can download Ac1dsn0w for Mac here.

Sources: CydiaHelp

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

window?

Thanks

door?

Thanks

lol that's what I was going to post! (when you click the article on the front page it only showed one comment)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Tethered or not, at least they're putting it out there for others to use. Like one guy said a few posts ago, I never really turn my phone off so I doubt I would be inconvenienced very much to boot tethered if need be. Thanks for the link and news.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd rather have a tethered jb on my 4S than the way it is now. I'll just patiently wait for the dev team to do their magic

Thanks

And the purpose of redundant software is what? Great they updated it. How many users who jailbreak cared that the previous one infringed on Apple's code? Either way Apple hates that you are jailbreaking. It's more of an ethical upgrade. They cleaned up their code, but, functionally, there is no reason to use this software over any of the alternatives. Wake me up when they add new functionality or support.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is this untethered? Just kidddinggg....but seriously, I miss my jailbreak

Thanks

To be honest, i Don't care much about Winterboard, it's all bout the Apps & Tweaks that DON'T require a reboot BUT...that's why I have them backed up.

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    window?
    Still no windows release as of yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrlrule View Post
    Couldn't help but laugh.. And i fully agree. Was thinking about downgrading to 4.3.3

Thanks
    tethered jb isn't so bad since a respring fixes most problems anyway. since i tether jb my iphone 4 back about 3 weeks ago, i havent had any problems with respringing and my jailbreak working, and then with the semi tether i can re-boot if needed and still use phone until i get back to a computer. tethered is better than nothing Thanks to all the devs

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrlrule View Post
    Tethered seriously isn't all that bad. It's not as nice an untether but install semi-tether just to be safe. And also the only tweaks/apps I installed that had to have a reboot was iFile and Winterboard and I knew that in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this require you to download an ipsw, or do you just hit the jailbreak button? Sorry if this was answered elsewhere.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Does this require you to download an ipsw, or do you just hit the jailbreak button? Sorry if this was answered elsewhere.
    You would have to download the ipsw.

Thanks

The remote jailbreak function it's pretty cool, I will help people around the globe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it's 10mb+ not 100MB+

Thanks

I still fail to see why we need another program that offers nothing new to the jailbreak scene, just a different looking interface.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm gonna stop getting new iphones.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    I still fail to see why we need another program that offers nothing new to the jailbreak scene, just a different looking interface.
    They're probably releasing it because it's what comes first before an untethered exploit. Im sure they're working on an untethered jb as is the other devs, but they have to start somewhere and now their name is out there. I'm personally happy to see this release. It shows at least another dev team is working to find an untethered exploit as well as other things. I think the ability to help others JB remotely is a great idea. Im not sure why everything has to be negatively perceived, because like I said before, at least we know another team is working to find us more exploits (including untethered JB). Be grateful, because none of these people owe you or any of us anything. They're not taking a salary here nor are you directly giving them $ out of your own pocket, so why are you quick to dismiss the hard work they put into this tethered exploit? I actually donate to ALL of the dev teams that I know are working on exploits for us as I now will to this team. Do you donate? If not then keep your mouth shut and or stop busting them down on forums. Its really not cool.