+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ac1dsn0w Beta 2 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by PoEtikly They're probably releasing it because it's what comes first before an untethered exploit. Im sure they're working on an untethered jb as is the other devs,
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    They're probably releasing it because it's what comes first before an untethered exploit. Im sure they're working on an untethered jb as is the other devs, but they have to start somewhere and now their name is out there. I'm personally happy to see this release. It shows at least another dev team is working to find an untethered exploit as well as other things. I think the ability to help others JB remotely is a great idea. Im not sure why everything has to be negatively perceived, because like I said before, at least we know another team is working to find us more exploits (including untethered JB). Be grateful, because none of these people owe you or any of us anything. They're not taking a salary here nor are you directly giving them $ out of your own pocket, so why are you quick to dismiss the hard work they put into this tethered exploit? I actually donate to ALL of the dev teams that I know are working on exploits for us as I now will to this team. Do you donate? If not then keep your mouth shut and or stop busting them down on forums. Its really not cool.
    Very nicely put thank you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

In order to reboot a phone that's been tethered/jailbroken and bring it back to fully usable state -- does this tool (ac1dsn0w) need an internet connection, like sn0wbreeze and redsn0w do? I know iBooty doesn't but that's Windows only.

Thanks

I was using tethered jailbreak for months on my iPhone 4 when all the sudden my phone started to reboot randomly and the semi tether would not work. Very seldomly would my phone crash or lose power but the few times it did the semi tether worked great. But then my phone would crash and get stuck in reboot loop everyday. This happened about 5 times until my phone wouldn't even boot tethered and I was forced to restore my phone. I have been jail breaking my idevices since my iPhone 3G so I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I'm definitely not a newbie. Anyone else have a similar problem??

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2Jaze View Post
    I'm gonna stop getting new iphones.
    Agreed. I was gonna jump on the 4S when it came out, but now I'm glad I waited. My next iPhone will probably be a factory unlocked iPhone 4S 64 gb after the jailbreak comes out... And I have a spare $1000.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

+1000^2
    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    They're probably releasing it because it's what comes first before an untethered exploit. Im sure they're working on an untethered jb as is the other devs, but they have to start somewhere and now their name is out there. I'm personally happy to see this release. It shows at least another dev team is working to find an untethered exploit as well as other things. I think the ability to help others JB remotely is a great idea. Im not sure why everything has to be negatively perceived, because like I said before, at least we know another team is working to find us more exploits (including untethered JB). Be grateful, because none of these people owe you or any of us anything. They're not taking a salary here nor are you directly giving them $ out of your own pocket, so why are you quick to dismiss the hard work they put into this tethered exploit? I actually donate to ALL of the dev teams that I know are working on exploits for us as I now will to this team. Do you donate? If not then keep your mouth shut and or stop busting them down on forums. Its really not cool.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Tethered seriously isn't all that bad. It's not as nice an untether but install semi-tether just to be safe. And also the only tweaks/apps I installed that had to have a reboot was iFile and Winterboard and I knew that in advance.
    Oddest thing with my old 3GS when I used sn0wbreeze to jailbreak it on iOS 5GM that it would reboot no problem if I had to restart but Cydia wouldn't work unless you used ibooty. So guess a semi tether was included?
    Last edited by docmagoo2; 12-06-2011 at 12:24 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok wireless, that's cool. I'm guessing that works over similar technology as the wireless sync and iCloud deal?

Anyway, great job guys can't wait for the 4s release and untethered. Keep up the good work, I know we all appreciate it.
    "Time circuits on...flux capacitor...(gulp)...fluxing"
    Please read again I only give one warning - thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I remember when these guys from the pwn dev team announced they were doing a 4.3 jb, they came on here and got bashed..a specific mods name comes to mind, and I think it was towards groundbreaking..good on them for their work though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is anyone else having problems opening this... every time I try to launch it, it "quites unexpectedly" as soon as I try to launch it.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12