Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 116

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Downgrade From iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 5 Thanks to iFaith 1.4 (iOS 5.0 APticket Required)

  1. #81
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Reread what I posted. I couldn't care less about this article until it supports the 4S. It's bad journalism (once again) on Anthony's part. I should know better by now than to bother opening any of his "news stories" before just using bing to find the whole story.
    Bad Journalism? Are the facts wrong?
    Are the reporters to report and censor to only what 4s owners need and ignor the millions of others who own I devices that are not 4s?

    It's not just for or about you, its for all of us

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Z!G View Post
    Um have you read anything on this thread. That is what iFaith does. That is the whole point of saving SHSH and APTickets.
    So the answer is yes. I recommend you download iFaith version 1.4 rite now. Dump your 5.0.1 blobs, and bulid an IPSW with them.
    Just a heads up: if you're not already on 5.0.1, just use the latest TinyUmbrella to grab your blobs + APTicket (the latest version does this)...don't bother to update to 5.0.1 on the device itself.. The TU file will be sufficient to build a custom IPSW with an upcoming redsn0w release.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to MuscleNerd For This Useful Post:

    mmaboi21 (12-06-2011)

  4. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    iFaith has just ruined my iPad1.
    I used the SAVE SHSH option then rebooted and now it reboots into iPhone mode and some of the folders have been removed and emptied out into pages now.

    How do I fix this? I don't want to reboot and have it in iPhone mode and the folders deleted.

    Do I have to restore or can this be fixed?

  5. #84
    Can any admin ban delusion950 already? I'm sure everyone on this forum is sick of this guy's negative remarks towards everyone's comments from what I've read so far. He's just spamming this forum with meaningless replies trying to tick people off.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 12-06-2011 at 02:27 AM.

  6. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    Just a heads up: if you're not already on 5.0.1, just use the latest TinyUmbrella to grab your blobs + APTicket (the latest version does this)...don't bother to update to 5.0.1 on the device itself.. The TU file will be sufficient to build a custom IPSW with an upcoming redsn0w release.
    Musclenerd, I know you're busy but is there any truth to the suggestion that the old bootrom 3GS can use the old blobs? I have the latest TU & have the 5.0 beta blob & the 5.1b (so I'm guessing 5.0.1 would be there as well.

    Any update on an iBooks fix and a redsn0w for 5.0.1 mainly the ability to create a no BB custom firmware?

    Many great thanks for all that you do sir. Without your hard work (& the work of many other devs) none of us would have the ability to free our devices & make them better than they already are.

  7. #86
    My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    573
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 61 Times in 48 Posts

    +1. would love to donate to you for all your work! amazing I must say

    and also, now you say TU captures APTickets as well, does this mean shsh thing is all fixed now?
    Last edited by keenpois0n; 12-06-2011 at 02:56 AM.

  8. #87
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 72 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
    When will it support the 4s????
    Guaranteed when there is you won't have to post this question as it will be plastered EVERYWHERE.....

    Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    +1. would love to donate to you for all your work! amazing I must say

    and also, now you say TU captures APTickets as well, does this mean shsh thing is all fixed now?
    NO! Tiny Umbrella does NOT have anything to do with this. You need to use iFaith v1.4 to capture the APTicket that you are currently on. So IF you are on 5.0 then you use iFaith v1.4 to dump your shsh blobs (MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THEM
    IN A VERY SAFE PLACE), then use it to create custom IPSW, then when you have to restore back to 5.0 (or the current fw you were on when you dumped shsh blobs. IF you have already went to 5.0.1 before this tool was released then you can only go back to 5.0.1 on future restores (until iH8Sn0w updates to further fw upon its release) you open iFaith v1.4 again and put the device into pwned
    DFU mode (as you have to if you want to be able to restore via custom ipsw), open iTunes. Hold SHIFT and left click on RESTORE, choose the custom ipsw you built in iFaith v1.4 and BAM! It restores you back to 5.0 (or the fw you were on when you dumped blobs). There's exactly how you do it.

    TU (Timy Umbrella) has NOTHING to do with it.
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 12-06-2011 at 04:26 AM.

  9. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    TU (Timy Umbrella) has NOTHING to do with it.
    If TU had been saving APTickets back when the 5.0 window was still open, it would have a lot to do with it. Going forward (now that it does save the APTicket), you'll be able to use it for 5.0.1 and forward too. Until Apple changes things again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    Musclenerd, I know you're busy but is there any truth to the suggestion that the old bootrom 3GS can use the old blobs? I have the latest TU & have the 5.0 beta blob & the 5.1b (so I'm guessing 5.0.1 would be there as well.
    Old bootrom 3GS doesn't need any blobs at all, because of the 24kpwn hack. So just restore to a custom ipsw that utilizes that hack (created by PwnageTool or redsn0w or sn0wbreeze).

    Any update on an iBooks fix and a redsn0w for 5.0.1 mainly the ability to create a no BB custom firmware?
    We do have the iBooks fix ready to go with the next redsn0w release (and that redsn0w will also support 5.0.1). I realize sn0wbreeze has a fix, but it uses a very very broad patch that eliminates the notion of sandboxes completely (which is not a safe thing to do..it give all apps access to all the data of all the other apps).

    Many great thanks for all that you do
    Thanks (and thanks keenpois0n!)
    Last edited by MuscleNerd; 12-06-2011 at 04:42 AM.

  10. #89
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 72 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    If TU had been saving APTickets back when the 5.0 window was still open, it would have a lot to do with it. Going forward (now that it does save the APTicket), you'll be able to use it for 5.0.1 and forward too. Until Apple changes things again.

    Thanks for clarifying that MuscleNerd. I was basically talking about the process of iFaith v1.4. TU is not needed for this process with iFaith v1.4. You can dump blobs, create CFW, and restore/downgrade without TU. I should have noted that or reworded it better.

    And also, thanks for all that you do. As you tons of us appreciate your work.
    Last edited by PoEtikly; 12-06-2011 at 04:56 AM.

  11. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    I found it wasn't iFaith that did it, it was intelliscreenX.
    It looks like it expired and turns it into iPhone mode as after I installed it after a restore it did it again.

    bastard software.

    BTW, I cant see any replies after mine. I got an email saying there are 5 replies but I only see the one I made and nothing after PLEASE FIX!!! I think there are MANY requests to fix the site so why dont you fix it?
    And in mobile mode you cant post, it just doesn't post at all.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 12-06-2011 at 04:59 AM.

  12. #91
    My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    601
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 72 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    I found it wasn't iFaith that did it, it was intelliscreenX.
    It looks like it expired and turns it into iPhone mode as after I installed it after a restore it did it again.

    bastard software.

    BTW, I cant see any replies after mine. I got an email saying there are 5 replies but I only see the one I made and nothing after PLEASE FIX!!! I think there are MANY requests to fix the site so why dont you fix it?
    And in mobile mode you cant post, it just doesn't post at all.
    It works great for me. I'm using mobile app as we speak. I'm even using Siri Dictation on my i4 to do this post. I had that issue before. Uninstall the app and redownload/install.

  13. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    If TU had been saving APTickets back when the 5.0 window was still open, it would have a lot to do with it. Going forward (now that it does save the APTicket), you'll be able to use it for 5.0.1 and forward too. Until Apple changes things again.



    Old bootrom 3GS doesn't need any blobs at all, because of the 24kpwn hack. So just restore to a custom ipsw that utilizes that hack (created by PwnageTool or redsn0w or sn0wbreeze).



    We do have the iBooks fix ready to go with the next redsn0w release (and that redsn0w will also support 5.0.1). I realize sn0wbreeze has a fix, but it uses a very very broad patch that eliminates the notion of sandboxes completely (which is not a safe thing to do..it give all apps access to all the data of all the other apps).



    Thanks (and thanks keenpois0n!)

    Can't thank you enough for the response MuscleNerd. Hearing about the proper iBooks fix & the updated redsn0w that is coming, I'll just wait for that release before making the jump to iOS 5. Once again, Thank You, Thank You, Thank you.

  14. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    It works great for me. I'm using mobile app as we speak. I'm even using Siri Dictation on my i4 to do this post. I had that issue before. Uninstall the app and redownload/install.
    Yeah, works for me too. Sometimes. On my phone i will have a hard time posting. What fonu mean by mobile mode. Like it won't post on you phone, or it won't post in mobile mode I you desktop? If its your phone then I recommend you download "Atomic Web Browser" from the app store. Just when your done posting, tap done then the page will start to load, quickly hit the "X" to stop it from loading, then tsp submit reply. I know it an extra step in the but typing on your phone in Aromic is soooo much better than Safari.

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Reread what I posted. I couldn't care less about this article until it supports the 4S. It's bad journalism (once again) on Anthony's part. I should know better by now than to bother opening any of his "news stories" before just using bing to find the whole story.
    LOL

    Wow. Just because it doesn't say what u want it to say, it's bad journalism.

    That's too much. I just giggled when I read that.
    How old are you? Can't be more tha 13 r sumthin. If u are well that's even funnier

    I suppose if you had an iPhone 4 and the 4S downgrade got perfected before the iPhone 4 and it was posted here, it would also be "bad journalism" because it's not the device you have. Wow.

    Kids these days. So ungrateful.
    Last edited by ZĄG; 12-06-2011 at 10:40 AM.

  15. #94
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nantes, France, France
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    There's something I don't understand with 24kpwn exploit. I've got an old bootrom 3GS with an unlock able BB, running 5.0. Because I installed H1siri (which didn't cause issues, but I don't want it anymore... yeah, I know, I shouldn't have done it in first time...) I want to restore it. iFaith tells me I don't have APTickets, because I'm eligible to 24kpwn.
    But, every time I want to restore to a no_BB firmware created with Redsn0w, I keep having errors, mostly 2005, the other seems normal, 3196 is when I don't use TU, and I guess it's just Apple not signing the FW (am I wrong?)... Using TU or not, on differents computers, that doesn't change anything.
    Any advice?

  16. #95
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,789
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Borice Joffrey Godard View Post
    There's something I don't understand with 24kpwn exploit. I've got an old bootrom 3GS with an unlock able BB, running 5.0. Because I installed H1siri (which didn't cause issues, but I don't want it anymore... yeah, I know, I shouldn't have done it in first time...) I want to restore it. iFaith tells me I don't have APTickets, because I'm eligible to 24kpwn.
    But, every time I want to restore to a no_BB firmware created with Redsn0w, I keep having errors, mostly 2005, the other seems normal, 3196 is when I don't use TU, and I guess it's just Apple not signing the FW (am I wrong?)... Using TU or not, on differents computers, that doesn't change anything.
    Any advice?
    Try this:
    Jailbreak with latest redsnow if you havent already (I assume you have though since you installed H1siri). From the regular screen shift restore to a custom 5.0 firmware made for an old bootrom 3GS (snowbreeze gives you the option when making the custom firmware). You dont have to be in recovery or DFU mode. You most likely dont even have to run tiny umbrella.

  17. #96
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nantes, France, France
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Nah, i tried building one with sn0wbreeze instead of Redsn0w, well, still the same, but now it's an error 21.
    I have to say I'm on mac, so no antivirus or third-part software...
    Tho, I'll try on a win7 tomorrow, and say what.
    Could someone explain the difference between redsn0w and sn0wbreeze when it's about creating firmwares?

    Edit: Same on another computer. Dunno what to do here. I'm restoring on 4.2.1 (which I've got SHSH) via TU and a Pwnagetool FW, with no problem... Retrying with 5.0 gives me a recovery screen while "preparing the iPhone for restore" (which means it passed the Apple verification?), and iTunes keeps waiting for hours...

    edit 2: I finally managed to restore to... 5.0.1, without any issue... don't understand why 5.0 is causing such problems. still, I should be able to downgrade...
    Last edited by Borice Joffrey Godard; 12-07-2011 at 10:39 AM.

  18. #97
    Default 3Gs old bootrom iOS 5.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Borice Joffrey Godard View Post
    There's something I don't understand with 24kpwn exploit. I've got an old bootrom 3GS with an unlock able BB, running 5.0. Because I installed H1siri (which didn't cause issues, but I don't want it anymore... yeah, I know, I shouldn't have done it in first time...) I want to restore it. iFaith tells me I don't have APTickets, because I'm eligible to 24kpwn.
    But, every time I want to restore to a no_BB firmware created with Redsn0w, I keep having errors, mostly 2005, the other seems normal, 3196 is when I don't use TU, and I guess it's just Apple not signing the FW (am I wrong?)... Using TU or not, on differents computers, that doesn't change anything.
    Any advice?
    Hello, I have the same problem, I have iOS 5.0 and I need to do a restore to a no_BB firmware (I try with a custom of redsn0w and snowbreeze, but every time I have errors in iTunes, using TU or not, on differents computers with windows or mac)
    What can I do?

  19. #98
    Has anybody tried this? any video link for this??

  20. #99
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,789
    Thanks
    7,002
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Borice Joffrey Godard View Post
    Nah, i tried building one with sn0wbreeze instead of Redsn0w, well, still the same, but now it's an error 21.
    I have to say I'm on mac, so no antivirus or third-part software...
    Tho, I'll try on a win7 tomorrow, and say what.
    Could someone explain the difference between redsn0w and sn0wbreeze when it's about creating firmwares?

    Edit: Same on another computer. Dunno what to do here. I'm restoring on 4.2.1 (which I've got SHSH) via TU and a Pwnagetool FW, with no problem... Retrying with 5.0 gives me a recovery screen while "preparing the iPhone for restore" (which means it passed the Apple verification?), and iTunes keeps waiting for hours...

    edit 2: I finally managed to restore to... 5.0.1, without any issue... don't understand why 5.0 is causing such problems. still, I should be able to downgrade...
    I restored to 5.0 no problem with my old bootrom 3GS. All I did was use the latest snowbreeze (2.8b11 I think), made a custom 5.0 using expert mode. Make sure to tell it you have an old bootrom 3GS when it asks. Then at the end I let snowbreeze put the phone in pwned DFU and pointed itunes to the custom firmware I just made. Restored no problem. No SHSH required.

  21. #100
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nantes, France, France
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I restored to 5.0 no problem with my old bootrom 3GS. All I did was use the latest snowbreeze (2.8b11 I think), made a custom 5.0 using expert mode. Make sure to tell it you have an old bootrom 3GS when it asks. Then at the end I let snowbreeze put the phone in pwned DFU and pointed itunes to the custom firmware I just made. Restored no problem. No SHSH required.

    Well, that worked... Because I was mostly on my Mac, I used Redsn0w to pwnDFU my 3GS...
    Now, my biggest **** is that I shouldn't have done that in the middle of the night... I don't know how, or when but I updated the baseband to 6.15...

    But well, thank you for the support... It was just too easy to use the same software and OS for all the process...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •