+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade From iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 5 Thanks to iFaith 1.4 (iOS 5.0 APticket Required)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It's sad, but I've given up on jailbreaking. I think it's about time to say goodbye. Every jailbreak takes longer and longer, and devs are dropping like flies. It was
    iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

It's sad, but I've given up on jailbreaking. I think it's about time to say goodbye. Every jailbreak takes longer and longer, and devs are dropping like flies. It was fun while it lasted. R.I.PJAILBREAK

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    If it was me if you really have no reason to go to ios5 i suggest you stay on 4.3.5 until 100%. This way you wont have to touch anything. I know it's tempting am like that too but when things go wrong i get sleepless nights and lose days working out problems that i should've never created.
    Me personally I kinda wish I stayed on 4.3.3. I like iOS 5, and no battery problems here, however I do miss my JB. And every day that passes I feel I should take a few hours and downgrade.

Honestly of stay where u are bud.like he said wait to upgrade until its confirmed 100% is good to go.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    It's sad, but I've given up on jailbreaking. I think it's about time to say goodbye.
    I know the feeling. i shelled out the $649 for an unlocked iphone 4s from apple to run it on tmobile. i gave up with gevey and unlocking circus. Fun and all but when i'm trying to call the wife or text a message to her it would fail or lose signal. Stupid Murphys law.

anywho good luck iH8sn0w and Dev Team
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im currently on ios 5.0, i was hoping to downgrade back to 4.3.3 to get untethered jb, but i wasn't able to save my 4.3.3 shsh blobs in cydia/tinyumbrella, but i was able to dump 4.3.3 blobs thru ifaith 1.3.2, i used ifaith 1.4 to create a signed 4.3.3 ipsw, but i haven't tried to restore using that signed ipsw coz im no sure if it'll ever work, need help...

Thanks
    wow.... first, we were told dont update from 4.x to 5.0 at all, which i didnt on all but one of my devices. then, we were told dont update from 5.0 to 5.0.1 since the ever elusive untethered jailbreak probably wont support 5.0.1 so my devices that are still on 4.x im screwed on since apple isnt signing 5.0 anymore and shsh blobs are device specific? Drat...!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

IT IS NOTED. It says A5 chips not supported yet.
    Reread what I posted. I couldn't care less about this article until it supports the 4S. It's bad journalism (once again) on Anthony's part. I should know better by now than to bother opening any of his "news stories" before just using bing to find the whole story.

Thanks

What about 5.0.1? Once I save my 5.0 SHSH and APTicket, can I upgrade to 5.0.1 to save that SHSH + APTicket then downgrade back to 5.0? The idea is to be able to upgrade/downgrade to any ios. Is it possible TinyUmbrella will support saving APTickets now?

Green Apple
    Thanks

what if we have 5.0 blobs in TinyUmbrella? will those work with iFaith?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Reread what I posted. I couldn't care less about this article until it supports the 4S. It's bad journalism (once again) on Anthony's part. I should know better by now than to bother opening any of his "news stories" before just using bing to find the whole story.
    Lmao so it's Anthony's fault that the iPhone 4S is not supported??

Thanks

Another question, when it builds the IPSW is it jailbroken? Does it include Cydia? Or once you have the ipsw from iFaith you can use that with sn0wbreeze or redsn0w?

Thanks

Hm... i really wonder is there....? what do u think Sherlok? Do you read news once every year or .... Jesus

tomorrow maybe... you didnt read about it yet?

so would the whole world that read this article

it works. u just havent tried it. that's of course if u have iPhone 4

IT IS NOTED. It says A5 chips not supported yet.

Good job. we're proud of you. did you wana cookie now?

Ill tell Anthony to rewrite the instructions again just to it is clear for you. Anthony please rewrite for this gentleman instructions again so it is more clearer then it already is.

too bad, damn iTunes

Ye... better late than never yeah?
    how big was the gerbil that crawled up your *** the moment you wrote all that sh*t?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope Cydia implement this so it can save the APTicket with the SHSH blobs automatically.
    Last edited by Tashawn; 12-05-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRoD420 View Post
    What about 5.0.1? Once I save my 5.0 SHSH and APTicket, can I upgrade to 5.0.1 to save that SHSH + APTicket then downgrade back to 5.0? The idea is to be able to upgrade/downgrade to any ios. Is it possible TinyUmbrella will support saving APTickets now?
    Yes, this is the way to save all your Aptickets .

Thanks

mods, please ban delusion950. he polluted this thread with garbage.

thanks @iYeow

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    It is not, "bad journalism" that makes it difficult for you to see that this isn't for the iPhone 4S. Please take some time to read the release notes and you will see that it says A5 devices are not supported. If you refuse to read and use your own common sense then I will not be held responsible. :-)

Z!G
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koreanmasters99 View Post
    you forgot to mention that it doesn't work with 4s.Tried it. It says "unsupported device"
    Nope. It only saves the SHSH for the iOS your device is currently on. If I were you I would upgrade to 5.0.1, dump your blobs with iFaith, and then go back to 4.3.3 if you wish. But ya better hurry up and uograde to 5.0.1 and dump it before Apple releases any kind of update. Im sure you know it unlikely that they will release a new update tomorrow, but ya never know. So do it ASAP.
    {~~iPhone-4 (CDMA)~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3~~}

{~~iPod Touch-4G~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3}

And yes, My jailbreak is sooooooooooooooooooo smooth and flawless. Well, almost flawless

Thanks

If you're on modmyi reading about hacking you're device, and you DON'T KNOW you have an A5 processor. You should NOT be here trying to downgrade.
    Last edited by RRoD420; 12-05-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Z!G
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by csglinux View Post
    Don't update to 5.0.1! Ultrasn0w hasn't yet been updated to work with 5.0.1 and you won't be able to unlock until that happens.
    What are you talking about iBooks fix. That issue was fixed long ago. Maybe its only Sn0wbreeze users that fixed it to, like I use. (Long time Redsn0w user but am currently addicted to Sn0wbreeze as it is so much faster and tetherd boot is twice as fast as and RedSn0w version). idk. But either way, there is an iBooks fix any way via a certain repo that installs a non-sandboxed iBooks (no matter what you used to JB, cuz you apply it through Cydia), so it works flawlessly, you cannot sync with iTunes at all with it. But just uninstall when you need to sync. I hate syncing with iTunes because I always restore as new device, and never from backup, and I always have the Music and Apps I need at first start up, but if you are constantly taking off and putting on music and apps, then this mite be kind of a hassle.

No faith man, No faith. All ya gotta do is know what you are doing and the JB is smooth smooth smooth. BTW, Sn0wbreeze is awesome. And jailb reaks have not gottin longer and longer. They are exactly the same as they have always been. Except for Sn0wbreeze. Just rstore to Sn0wbreeze ipsw, boot tetherd visa iBooty (which boots your phone up twice as fast as Redsn0w does) and that is you are jail broken. But hey if you wanna give up on thats cool. To each gis own. I for one cannot live with an iPhone that doe snot have KuaiDial, MultiFl0w, MultiCleaner, biteSMS, and Backgroundr(yes backgrounder works on iOS 5 provided you install the correct deb file). But once you have your phone the way you want it, and dont screw around with with a bunch of jailbreak tweaks, there will be virtually no problems.
    Last edited by Z!G; 12-05-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    {~~iPhone-4 (CDMA)~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3~~}

{~~iPod Touch-4G~~~~iOS 5.0.1~~~~redsn0w 0.9.10b3}

And yes, My jailbreak is sooooooooooooooooooo smooth and flawless. Well, almost flawless

Thanks
    Thanked 2,750 Times in 2,640 Posts

Everyone has the right of speech, please stay on the subject and keep it clean, Thank You.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Everyone has the right of speech, please stay on the subject and keep it clean, Thank You.
    yup. thats why i said what I had to say.