Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 116

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Downgrade From iOS 5.0.1 to iOS 5 Thanks to iFaith 1.4 (iOS 5.0 APticket Required)

  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Patriots Area
    Posts
    796
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    Hopefully iPhone 4S will be supported soon.
    it wont

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Not yet , still waiting for untethered jailbreak at 5.0



    No, you can't . You need to dump your ifaith blob first while you were at 5.0.


    I tried to dump ifaith blob for my 3gs old bootrom at 5.0 and ifaith says it is not needed as shsh is not required and a message says "all you need is just restore to custom firmware of 5.0". Hmmm, wonder if this is true
    So I'm too late?
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

  3. #23
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,754
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 633 Times in 557 Posts

    Everybody in this thread right now needs to be like the Fonz.

    What is the Fonz like?

    Cool.

    Everybody be cool and cut the insults.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

    raduga (12-05-2011)

  5. #24
    iPhoneaholic s0ulp1xel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    HiltonHeadIsland, SC
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts

    Mac version???
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

  6. #25
    someone should make a way for us to make our own AP tickets

  7. #26
    My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Patriots Area
    Posts
    796
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Everybody in this thread right now needs to be like the Fonz.


    Everybody be cool and cut the insults.
    Never heard of FONZ.


    See you're abusing your power as mod you deleted my perfectly said comments. There was no insult of any sort.

    Ill write it again i'll keep writing it until I get my point across.


    For the mouth guy xclusiveiphone

    I got facts

    Here is few for you.

    1. Dev team is struggling for find workaround solution to the shsh blobs signing to help idevice users downgrade

    2. No untethered jailbreak yet is found for A5 chip.

    3. Most of the programs dev's are working on are for iPhone 4 like iFaith.

    4. Apple is making it harder by each update, patching holes those dev-team had open

    I got more facts just ask.
    Last edited by delusion950; 12-05-2011 at 03:48 AM.

  8. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    Never heard of FONZ.


    See you're abusing your power as mod you deleted my perfectly said comments. There was no insult of any sort.

    Ill write it again i'll keep writing it until I get my point across.


    For the mouth guy xclusiveiphone

    I got facts

    Here is few for you.

    1. Dev team is struggling for find workaround solution to the shsh blobs signing to help idevice users downgrade

    2. No untethered jailbreak yet is found for A5 chip.

    3. Most of the programs dev's are working on are for iPhone 4 like iFaith.

    4. Apple is making it harder by each update, patching holes those dev-team had open

    I got more facts just ask.
    1. Stating the obvious.
    2. Stating the obvious.
    3. Are you a dev, how do you know what other devs are doing?
    4. Stating the obvious.

    Now tell me something we all don't already know. Admin isn't abusing his power, your just keep posting useless post that isn't helping anyone.

  9. #28
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iN2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    So I followed all the steps in the program and decided to do a clean restore to 5.0.1. Now I can't downgrade!

  10. #29
    My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Patriots Area
    Posts
    796
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by xclusiveiphone View Post
    1. Stating the obvious.
    2. Stating the obvious.
    3. Are you a dev, how do you know what other devs are doing?
    4. Stating the obvious.

    Now tell me something we all don't already know. Admin isn't abusing his power, your just keep posting useless post that isn't helping anyone.
    You're the one hoping am just remind you what is going on. You wanted facts didnt you say you wanted facts?? So i gave you some. Am not a dev but i do keep up on the news instead of sitting down and hopping like some people i met on this forum. Now before i go off on you am going to stop because if i say anything else to you am going to get banned from modmyi and you're not worth it

    And about useless posts speak for yourself. Send me a link of one thread you started that was useful info to others.... plz go to sleep
    Last edited by delusion950; 12-05-2011 at 04:02 AM.

  11. #30
    Now i have a problem in which my iPod touch will not boot. it turns on and shows the apple/pwnapple, then reboots five minutes later. I am jailbroken tethered on iOS 5.0, but booting tethered doesn't work anymore, and i need to restore soon. The process of dumping shsh will require tha i put it in dfu mode. Would it all still work in the iPod's state?

  12. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iN2K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas!
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts

    Scratch that, missed a step.

    Quote Originally Posted by expl0itfinder View Post
    Now i have a problem in which my iPod touch will not boot. it turns on and shows the apple/pwnapple, then reboots five minutes later. I am jailbroken tethered on iOS 5.0, but booting tethered doesn't work anymore, and i need to restore soon. The process of dumping shsh will require tha i put it in dfu mode. Would it all still work in the iPod's state?
    Try it, if you can get it to DFU mode it will show you the process.
    Last edited by iN2K; 12-05-2011 at 04:02 AM.

  13. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    It is indeed true. SHSH blobs are NOT written to disk on 24kpwn (old bootrom) jailbroken 3GS units. No blobs to check, no blobs to cull, everybody wins.
    Wait, so does this mean that blobs that I've downloaded from TU for my 3Gs will allow me to go to 5.0 even though I'm on 4.3.3 right now? This is the first I've heard that the new Blobs do not affect the 3Gs old bootrom. Can anyone verify?

    Thanks in advance.

  14. #33
    My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Patriots Area
    Posts
    796
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 75 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    Wait, so does this mean that blobs that I've downloaded from TU for my 3Gs will allow me to go to 5.0 even though I'm on 4.3.3 right now? This is the first I've heard that the new Blobs do not affect the 3Gs old bootrom. Can anyone verify?

    Thanks in advance.
    If it was me if you really have no reason to go to ios5 i suggest you stay on 4.3.5 until 100%. This way you wont have to touch anything. I know it's tempting am like that too but when things go wrong i get sleepless nights and lose days working out problems that i should've never created.

  15. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    If it was me if you really have no reason to go to ios5 i suggest you stay on 4.3.5 until 100%. This way you wont have to touch anything. I know it's tempting am like that too but when things go wrong i get sleepless nights and lose days working out problems that i should've never created.
    I'm on 4.3.3 right now & though I'm on AT&T, I've preserved my baseband at 05.13.04 (the last unlockable baseband) so the only way I'll go to iOS 5 is with a custom firmware. I had thought about going to 5.0 with redsn0w & even created the IPSW for it, but I held off hoping for an iBooks fix which never came. Now 5.0.1 is out & redsn0w hasn't been updated & there's zero info on the iBooks fix from MuscleNerd. I know I could use sn0wbreeze, but I've had nothing but problems with the program so I tend to steer clear of everything that isn't Dev-Team related. Again, that's just been my experience.

    I'm in no rush to go to iOS 5 yet, just was curious as to whether this was true as it was the first I have heard of it.

    Thanks.

  16. #35
    I guess us 4s owners are truly S.O.L forever....damn!!!! should have bought the 4!!!!

  17. #36
    Mac version? I couldn't find one, does anyone know about iFaith for mac?

  18. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Mac version? I couldn't find one, does anyone know about iFaith for mac?
    Read the article please. It clearly states that it's a Windows only application.

  19. #38
    This restored some of my faith in the jb hacking community.. I know, very punny...

  20. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    I'm on 4.3.3 right now & though I'm on AT&T, I've preserved my baseband at 05.13.04 (the last unlockable baseband) so the only way I'll go to iOS 5 is with a custom firmware. I had thought about going to 5.0 with redsn0w & even created the IPSW for it, but I held off hoping for an iBooks fix which never came. Now 5.0.1 is out & redsn0w hasn't been updated & there's zero info on the iBooks fix from MuscleNerd. I know I could use sn0wbreeze, but I've had nothing but problems with the program so I tend to steer clear of everything that isn't Dev-Team related. Again, that's just been my experience.

    I'm in no rush to go to iOS 5 yet, just was curious as to whether this was true as it was the first I have heard of it.

    Thanks.
    Don't update to 5.0.1! Ultrasn0w hasn't yet been updated to work with 5.0.1 and you won't be able to unlock until that happens.

  21. #40
    So even though I have my SHSH saved for 5.0, I still can't downgrade unless if I can get myself this APticket? There's also no way for me to get my APticket from just SHSH blobs either? That's.......Unfortunate.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •