Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TinyUmbrella Updated for iOS 5.1

Thanks

Default TinyUmbrella Updated for iOS 5.1

The TinyUmbrella utility has been updated to support iOS 5.1.

Notcom’s TinyUmbrella, the utility used to save your iOS device’s SHSH blobs for future firmware downgrades has been updated to support the recently released iOS 5.1 beta.

iOS 5.1 beta is the latest iOS firmware seeded to Apple developers. As of right now, there hasn’t been much information about what additions have been made. What we do know is the following: the battery issues persist, support for the iPad on the Sprint Network has been found, and it will expire on January 14th, 2012 (as per a tweet from iH8sn0w).

It was previously warned that jailbreakers should not update past iOS 5.0 and furthermore, it should be known that there is no way to downgrade as of right now. It still doesn’t hurt to save your iDevice’s SHSH blobs to have them on file just in case...

From the TinyUmbrella blog:
    Before you ask; Yes a solution for the 5.x firmware nonce is being investigated… None of us have a working solution yet though. Hang tight. I have a couple trails and ideas I am trying out for 4.x baseband based restores to avoid 10xx errors. Until then save your signatures as you will never know when they may come in handy…
    As you probably already know, there is no untethered jailbreak available for the iPhone 4S or iOS 5 but we still recommend that you save your SHSH blobs. You may end up needing the SHSH blobs in the future and at the very least, it’s better to be safe than sorry.

You can download TinyUmbrella for Mac OS X here.
    You can download TinyUmbrella for Windows here.

Source: TinyUmbrella

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So has Cydia been saving the shsh blobs since 5.0 was released? I just had a quick check on my and the Mrs's devices and the latest shsh we both have saved is 4.3.5. Both phones have been jailbroken since 4.0. I was under the impression that once you had jailbroken and told Cydia to 'Make my life easier' that all shsh were saved automatically. Is this not that case with 5.0 and above?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FinalBillybong View Post
    So has Cydia been saving the shsh blobs since 5.0 was released? I just had a quick check on my and the Mrs's devices and the latest shsh we both have saved is 4.3.5. Both phones have been jailbroken since 4.0. I was under the impression that once you had jailbroken and told Cydia to 'Make my life easier' that all shsh were saved automatically. Is this not that case with 5.0 and above?
    I don't think cydia saves 5.0+ shsh files. I have mine for 5.0+ but when I query cydia I get 4.3.5 as newest saved shsh.

How do you query cydia?
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

something is cooking up there. *waiting*

Will this save 4s ?

The best way to check this is to use tiny umbrella and check the box that says request SHSH from Cydia. This will save to your PC all blobs on file with Cydia. Then uncheck that box to get the newest 5.1 SHSH blob from Apple. Whatever is returned from Cydia is what they have on file. I hope this helps, even though they have found no use for 5.0+ SHSH blobs yet; have faith, the jb community is very strong. Good luck!

Thanks

You can check with ishshit too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteveO View Post
    The best way to check this is to use tiny umbrella and check the box that says request SHSH from Cydia. This will save to your PC all blobs on file with Cydia. Then uncheck that box to get the newest 5.1 SHSH blob from Apple. Whatever is returned from Cydia is what they have on file. I hope this helps, even though they have found no use for 5.0+ SHSH blobs yet; have faith, the jb community is very strong. Good luck!
    Thanks SteveO. I actually already did that. So I guess as I didn't use TU to grab the 5.0 shsh when Apple were signing them I now can't ever.

I know there is no way to downgrade but with semaphore saying they are trying to get a solution I thought it might be a possibility in the future.

Does anyone know why Cydia is not saving 5.0+ blobs? Surely it would better to save them than not. Even if they turn out to be useless.
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

Thanks SteveO. I actually already did that. So I guess as I didn't use TU to grab the 5.0 shsh when Apple were signing them I now can't ever.

I know there is no way to downgrade but with semaphore saying they are trying to get a solution I thought it might be a possibility in the future.

Does anyone know why Cydia is not saving 5.0+ blobs? Surely it would better to save them than not. Even if they turn out to be useless.
    Yes it's bc apple banned the amazon servers that Curia is hosted on from accessing the apple blob servers so Curia can not back them up anymore for you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tangus999 View Post
    Yes it's bc apple banned the amazon servers that Curia is hosted on from accessing the apple blob servers so Curia can not back them up anymore for you.
    Thank you for the clarification tangus!
    If I helped please head on over and smash the Thanks button.

My Personal Cydia source: apt.finalbillybong.com

Cydia probably doesn't save blobs for 5.x since there is no way to downgrade yet... TinyUmbrella is the way to go because it can download your blobs from cydia and any new ones from apple... just make sure to do it on both devices

I do not understand the "there is no way to downgrade from ios 5x back to ios 4x. I have personally succesfully done so 3 times on 2 different devices...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deeplock View Post
    I do not understand the "there is no way to downgrade from ios 5x back to ios 4x. I have personally succesfully done so 3 times on 2 different devices...
    That's not the issue, going from 5.0.1 to 5.0 is the problem, can't and probably won't happen. 5.x to 4.x is easy as long as you have the shsh files saved for 4.x It all has to do with a nonce code in the verification now. No more replay attacks.

Question...so is there a way to save 5.0 shsh blobs??

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rudylo1 View Post
    Question...so is there a way to save 5.0 shsh blobs??
    not anymore

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought iOS 5 no longer used SHSH blobs(?)

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    I thought iOS 5 no longer used SHSH blobs(?)
    They still use shsh blobs but added a nonce rule no longer allowing you to reuse future shsh files to restore to 5.x.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

This is horrible! I use to be an avid jail breaker and I have missed the bus twice. I bought my iPad 2 on 4.3.5 so I missed out on the 4.3.3 fun and I bought my 4s on 5.0.1, I'm guessing I will never be able to jail break these devices.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Italia411 View Post
    This is horrible! I use to be an avid jail breaker and I have missed the bus twice. I bought my iPad 2 on 4.3.5 so I missed out on the 4.3.3 fun and I bought my 4s on 5.0.1, I'm guessing I will never be able to jail break these devices.
    I have my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 jailbroken semi-tethered. I'm happy with it. Get all my jailbreak toys but the two times my phone needed to be rebooted since rooting, I wasn't left with a brick. Just an un-jailbroken phone till I got home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast