+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Continues Bashing Apple With Its "Old-School" Ad Campaign

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by sTrAnGe mOdS It's funny because the iPhone beats that piece of crap in almost every area. Samsung needs to just stop bashing other people's products and make
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sTrAnGe mOdS View Post
    It's funny because the iPhone beats that piece of crap in almost every area. Samsung needs to just stop bashing other people's products and make something of their own that's actually worth buying.
    +1^

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    the * has everything to do with size and all of that. Each carrier has a different model for example AT&T's phone is smaller than the rest. But yes it should also be by Data Speed.
    Seriously? They actually change the thickness and screen size depending on the carrier? I had no idea (no sarcasm. I actually didn't know they would do that because I don't see any reasoning behind it). How can AT&T/Samsung call that version a Galaxy S II if it doesn't share even something as simple as thickness and screen size uniformity between models in common with the other carriers?

Thanks

This is big time propaganda.
    Sick of squinting? It’s okay, Samsung has a phone for that.
    I prefer glasses, thank you.They show the iPhone's battery life, and why show battery life relating to total talk time hours? Phones have more to that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    I like how Samsung conveniently listed the specs: Apps, Data Speed, Physical Design, Screen Size, and Battery Life where it appears to beat the iPhone in all categories yet they conveniently replaced Battery Life on the iPhone side with "See More Specs" that should have read Battery Life 8 hours (equal to the GS2).

Most likely to point out the still piss poor battery performance alot of users are still experiencing.

I like how Screen Size brags about being 4.3" yet fails to say (note: requires 2-handed operation because very few people have hands big enough to reach the upper and lower corners comfortably with 1 hand) and how Physical Design lacks the (note: the thinnest part is 8.89mm but the parts where something protrudes are actually 9.91mm which thicker than the iPhone's universal thickness of 9.3mm)

2 hands are "not" are a requirement, they might be for you, but thank goodness the market is not based on your needs specifically. Even with the thicker hump part, it is still mostly thinner and therefore overall a thinner phone.

Also they misplaced the asterisk for the GS2 since those 2 items that have the * have nothing to do with the thickness of the phone or the size of the screen when it should have been next to Data Speed.

you really are a stickler for details, I guess most apple fanboys are since they don't have alot to hold onto.

This looks like a pretty half-assed advertising attempt.
    Looks like you failed to trash all of Samsungs logical points in their clever advertising. Tongue in cheek advertising ? ya maybe, at least they don't attempt to destroy and abolish their competition from existence with silly court battles.

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Yeh how about mentioning that iPhone:- Isn't cheap plastic, has a better cameraHigher pixel density screen, tonnes of better and more useful apps, worlds biggest app market, worlds biggest music store, don't have to wait 6 months for an update, even then "if", AirPrint, iCloud, better "Phone" Better music player. Better GPU so better for gaming. iOS is more solid and advanced than Android......I could go on. Maybe Apple should say yes iPhone doesn't have widgets or live wallpapers but it does everything else a million times better than the Samsung POS.

As I recall the Samsuck is thicker at the hump so iPhone is still thinner. How can iPhone be old tech. Don't make me laugh. If iPhone is old tech, where were all these iPhone knock offs before 2007.........exactly.
    Taking more time then apple did to build solid hardware and software and not gouge the crap out of its customers.

-------------------------

yes your right its made of shattertastic glass good job. First off learn to spell, its "tons" and it may have more apps but they are far from unique, you now have something like 600,000 last i checked, about about 1/3rd of them all do the same thing. I'd rather wait 6 months for an OS update then experience crap for months on end (aka 4S battery fail which is still broken). Airprint is a joke as is Airplay, there are far better and cheaper alternatives to iclap i mean icloud and are not policed by apple. GPU on the GS2 is way more then enough to keep up to any gaming app out there. iOS is NOT more solid and has to be updated several times a year either to fix broken **** or add functionality that the competition already had or someone in cydia already created, it always lags behind in features already had; ie nofitications. Being thicker at one point on the phone still means its overall thinner, nice try though.
    Last edited by bry2k2; 12-02-2011 at 10:03 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    I'm dumb because I can't figure out how to properly quote someone and respond to pieces of the quote individually
    ^lol. so true.

So instead you just end up typing your response inside your quote of my text thus making you look like you have no idea what you're doing and completely erasing any possible progress you could have been making in an actual argument.

See how I did what you did in order to mock you?
    Last edited by alexevo; 12-03-2011 at 01:36 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh god! what a bunch of fan girls. anyway ive had all the iphone since they first started coming out i just recently switched from my iphone 4 to the SGS2 dont get me wrong i still have my iphone idk if im ready to give it up but the GS2 is a pretty sexy phone thin nice colorful screen not to mention big also fassst anyway im starting to really like it over all once rooted its a lot better just as it is when you jailbreak and iphone. and i really like how someone mentioned that the app store has so many apps id say about 1/3 of the apps on there a useless and are just scams correct me if im wrong.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Looks like you failed to trash all of Samsungs logical points in their clever advertising. Tongue in cheek advertising ? ya maybe, at least they don't attempt to destroy and abolish their competition from existence with silly court battles.

Taking more time then apple did to build solid hardware and software and not gouge the crap out of its customers.

-------------------------

yes your right its made of shattertastic glass good job. First off learn to spell, its "tons" and it may have more apps but they are far from unique, you now have something like 600,000 last i checked, about about 1/3rd of them all do the same thing. I'd rather wait 6 months for an OS update then experience crap for months on end (aka 4S battery fail which is still broken). Airprint is a joke as is Airplay, there are far better and cheaper alternatives to iclap i mean icloud and are not policed by apple. GPU on the GS2 is way more then enough to keep up to any gaming app out there. iOS is NOT more solid and has to be updated several times a year either to fix broken **** or add functionality that the competition already had or someone in cydia already created, it always lags behind in features already had; ie nofitications. Being thicker at one point on the phone still means its overall thinner, nice try though.
    I didn't try to trash all their points. I just wanted to bring clarity to their advertising and highlight the fact that a lot of their points are BS when you look closer at them.

I did, however, notice that you called someone out on their spelling when you used your instead of you're. Care to edit your post and hope nobody sees it? Too late.

Android Market increases by 11,000 apps in 1 MONTH and you don't think any of those apps duplicate functionality found in other ones? Try again.

You also haven't checked all the iOS App Store apps and found that 1/3rd of them do the same thing. You'd be busy for quite a long time if you actually did that.

How are there cheaper alternatives to AirPrint and AirPlay when they are free apps that are built into the iOS devices?

iOS has far fewer updates than Android does on a yearly basis and doesn't experience nearly as many (if at all) force closes than Android. I'm qualified to say this because I've owned 5 different Android phones.

Being thicker at ANY point in the phone means it's thickness is a measurement of the thickest part. It isn't "average thickness." So to claim it is thinner than the iPhone is only partially accurate at best.

iPhone = 9.3mm uniform thickness.

GS2 = 8.8-9.9mm thick depending on where measurement is taken.

If you try to slide the iPhone and the GS2 into a slot 9.4mm in diameter then the iphone will slide right in whereas the GS2 will get suck. Therefore, thickness should be measured at the thickest part and should be less than the iPhone in order to claim it to be thinner.

iOS may lag when it comes to implementing features but oh do those features look so much sweeter on the iPhone because Apple takes their time to perfect them.

Quote Originally Posted by San23 View Post
    oh god! what a bunch of fan girls. anyway ive had all the iphone since they first started coming out i just recently switched from my iphone 4 to the SGS2 dont get me wrong i still have my iphone idk if im ready to give it up but the GS2 is a pretty sexy phone thin nice colorful screen not to mention big also fassst anyway im starting to really like it over all once rooted its a lot better just as it is when you jailbreak and iphone. and i really like how someone mentioned that the app store has so many apps id say about 1/3 of the apps on there a useless and are just scams correct me if im wrong.
    While there are some scams on there at least there isn't the appalling amount of malware in the App Store like there is in the Android Market. That's an inherent problem with open-source programs. Enjoy your vast amount of viruses there San23.
    Last edited by alexevo; 12-03-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dennder View Post
    Does the ad also mentioned full version of CarrierIQ software being preinstalled on samsungs, instead of partially working, low-grade and stripped down version present in iPhone?
    I don't know about other carriers but AT&T's GS2 doesn't even have CarrierIQ on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GranDaddyPurp's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol @ iOS is NOT more solid that Android. I'd rather stay with iOS since it's MUCH smoother than that other OS.

Idk why people keep talking about this "4S battery fail" as if EVERYONE who owns a 4S is suffering from it....
    I Take Three L's To The Head...Love, Live, Life then I'm Dead

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple should make a commercial of all the android users and their power cord hanging beside them lol. This is true

Thanks

They're so stupid that they using an iPhone 4 in the pictures not a 4S!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spider_romeo View Post
    Loser always want to do something funny to mock themselves.
    AGREED. Why need app return policy when all the apps in app store are world class. How can one product better than the other when it is just copying the other product ideas. How many function and ideals in an Android phone are original? Personally, trying to like an Android phone, but all failed to impress me. so sad
    Last edited by centori; 12-03-2011 at 02:29 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Who cares? I'm more than happy with my third iPhone (4) and will probably upgrade next July at end of contract if I can do so and re JB.
    Hey, whose 8MP camera is used in the 4s? Is it a Samsung or did I read incorrectly!

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 909 Posts

Need to have my say...I had Samsung s2 & it lasted me a week...
    1) cheap plastic
    2) battery weren't that good
    3) when you theme it...only themed certain bits
    4) crap updates
    5) crap connection to kies and syncing.
    Just a few things
    And sold after 1week
    I've had iPhone 3GS ip4 now ip4s
    1) solid build
    2)my battery is fine
    3)can theme the whole iPhone
    4) updates often
    Best connection to iTunes
    And altogether best phone out there
    Also apple dosent need to bring out loads of phones every year like the others do

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    I didn't try to trash all their points. I just wanted to bring clarity to their advertising and highlight the fact that a lot of their points are BS when you look closer at them.

I did, however, notice that you called someone out on their spelling when you used your instead of you're. Care to edit your post and hope nobody sees it? Too late.

Android Market increases by 11,000 apps in 1 MONTH and you don't think any of those apps duplicate functionality found in other ones? Try again.

You also haven't checked all the iOS App Store apps and found that 1/3rd of them do the same thing. You'd be busy for quite a long time if you actually did that.

How are there cheaper alternatives to AirPrint and AirPlay when they are free apps that are built into the iOS devices?

iOS has far fewer updates than Android does on a yearly basis and doesn't experience nearly as many (if at all) force closes than Android. I'm qualified to say this because I've owned 5 different Android phones.

Being thicker at ANY point in the phone means it's thickness is a measurement of the thickest part. It isn't "average thickness." So to claim it is thinner than the iPhone is only partially accurate at best.

iPhone = 9.3mm uniform thickness.

GS2 = 8.8-9.9mm thick depending on where measurement is taken.

If you try to slide the iPhone and the GS2 into a slot 9.4mm in diameter then the iphone will slide right in whereas the GS2 will get suck. Therefore, thickness should be measured at the thickest part and should be less than the iPhone in order to claim it to be thinner.

iOS may lag when it comes to implementing features but oh do those features look so much sweeter on the iPhone because Apple takes their time to perfect them.

While there are some scams on there at least there isn't the appalling amount of malware in the App Store like there is in the Android Market. That's an inherent problem with open-source programs. Enjoy your vast amount of viruses there San23.
    Yep there are some duplicate Android apps, far less then Apple, due to the fact that they let far more tweaking apps on their store. Where as Apple tells you what your supposed to do with hardware you paid for. The 1/3rd comment was more a figure of speech but being a former apple user there is alot of truth to it.

I never said there were cheaper alternatives to airplay or airprint (there are way better alternatives that actually function like they should), that comment was directed at icloud (which is only free if you run ios5), try to pay attention.

Sorry but your wrong on the updates (which is also heavily dependent on the Android device being used), Apple is constantly fixing "security" holes, trying to stop people from jailbreaking. I have see one update to my phone since it was released in August, 4S is already upto 2 and still has some issues. Sorry you bought crappy models or didn't know how to use your phone, I have experienced 4 FC's on my phone and I root and change my roms all the time. Although FC's are better then an Iphone with memory leaks so bad your phone freezes all the time or reboots by itself.

Sorry why are you trying to slide your phone into a slot? And how wide is the hump? is it less then half the lenght of the phone? then it is mostly thinner and therefore an overall thinner phone, it matters not, I just hope you stop sliding your phone into slots before you lose it for good.

By the time Apple has implemented any feature the competition had, they are left behind yet again on further improvements to the features and new feature sets, when will you realize that Apple does not care for its customers satisfaction, it does not care to give you the best it can possibly give.

And finally, The reason there is more malware on Android Market is NOT because it open source, its simply because Google does not over police its Market. And yet again this statistic matters very little until it is proven how many infections actually occur, most Android users are intelligent enough not to touch these infected apps.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    Need to have my say...I had Samsung s2 & it lasted me a week...
    1) cheap plastic
    2) battery weren't that good
    3) when you theme it...only themed certain bits
    4) crap updates
    5) crap connection to kies and syncing.
    Just a few things
    And sold after 1week
    I've had iPhone 3GS ip4 now ip4s
    1) solid build
    2)my battery is fine
    3)can theme the whole iPhone
    4) updates often
    Best connection to iTunes
    And altogether best phone out there
    Also apple dosent need to bring out loads of phones every year like the others do
    1. You need a phone made out of titanium, every single phone out there needs a case if you want it to survive. I got all kinds of chips and scratches on my old IP4 because I didn't use a screen protector.
    2. Your english needs work, get a higher capacity battery, adjust your screen settings, run juice defender. SGS2 have been proven to last "upto" 24hrs on a single battery.
    3. You should look into different theming programs, there are several, however most Android phones are just fine without any additional theming.
    4. Need to explain this point a little better
    5. What is kies?

Don't drop it, glass shatters easier then plastic
    Your lucky on the battery, again never understood why you can't remove the battery to have a few lying around if the need arises, and if issues start occuring like your battery dying, your screwed.
    You like having a phone that needs constant updates to function as it should?
    Itunes blows, I don't need a piece of software telling me how to use my phone or where to put content on my phone, its rather insulting.
    Last edited by bry2k2; 12-03-2011 at 05:01 AM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Yep there are some duplicate Android apps, far less then Apple, due to the fact that they let far more tweaking apps on their store. Where as Apple tells you what your supposed to do with hardware you paid for. The 1/3rd comment was more a figure of speech but being a former apple user there is alot of truth to it.

I never said there were cheaper alternatives to airplay or airprint (there are way better alternatives that actually function like they should), that comment was directed at icloud (which is only free if you run ios5), try to pay attention.

Sorry but your wrong on the updates (which is also heavily dependent on the Android device being used), Apple is constantly fixing "security" holes, trying to stop people from jailbreaking. I have see one update to my phone since it was released in August, 4S is already upto 2 and still has some issues. Sorry you bought crappy models or didn't know how to use your phone, I have experienced 4 FC's on my phone and I root and change my roms all the time. Although FC's are better then an Iphone with memory leaks so bad your phone freezes all the time or reboots by itself.

Sorry why are you trying to slide your phone into a slot? And how wide is the hump? is it less then half the lenght of the phone? then it is mostly thinner and therefore an overall thinner phone, it matters not, I just hope you stop sliding your phone into slots before you lose it for good.

By the time Apple has implemented any feature the competition had, they are left behind yet again on further improvements to the features and new feature sets, when will you realize that Apple does not care for its customers satisfaction, it does not care to give you the best it can possibly give.

And finally, The reason there is more malware on Android Market is NOT because it open source, its simply because Google does not over police its Market. And yet again this statistic matters very little until it is proven how many infections actually occur, most Android users are intelligent enough not to touch these infected apps.

1. You need a phone made out of titanium, every single phone out there needs a case if you want it to survive. I got all kinds of chips and scratches on my old IP4 because I didn't use a screen protector.
    2. Your english needs work, get a higher capacity battery, adjust your screen settings, run juice defender. SGS2 have been proven to last "upto" 24hrs on a single battery.
    3. You should look into different theming programs, there are several, however most Android phones are just fine without any additional theming.
    5. What is kies?

Your lucky on the battery, again never understood why you can't remove the battery to have a few lying around if the need arises, and if issues start occuring like your battery dying, your screwed.
    Itunes blows, I don't need a piece of software telling me how to use my phone or where to put content on my phone, its rather insulting.
    Yah, obviously you are clueless so I'm not even going to try to explain how wrong some of your statements are and how fanboyish they are. Thanks. And also, stop being a baby and bashing people's grammar ON A FORUM. I could go into saying how your post doesn't have all the right capitilalization and punctuation, but I won't
    Last edited by iPod; 12-03-2011 at 06:40 AM.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hahaha thats so hilarious man I love how apple copied samsungs phone that just came out. It's so dumb how they made their iPhone 4 look just like that new galaxy s that just came out. (sarcasm) For my real criticism, I'm guessing the S stands for S***. I tried one of those phones and it was utterly disgusting as well as everything else they make. And look at that cluttered screen! Horrible doesnt even describe. In the words of the great Steve Jobs, Samsung you are S***heads and everything you do is s***. Why don't you learn your lesson and just give up or do you just enjoy being losers and having injunctions on all your blatantly stolen products. You know why apple doesn't have to change their products? Because they did it right the first time.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

5. What is kies?

I see the iCloud comment now. Your grammar is just so poor I had a hard time differentiating between your gratuitous use of commas where a period should be. 24 hours on a single charge? I can make a GS2 last 24 hours...if I don't use it. Glass does shatter easier than plastic but it also looks a lot better which is why it is used in the GS2 as well as the iPhone 4.

The 1/3rd comment is both false and misleading. Go to the App Store and download every single app and construct a database of how many apps duplicate functionality before you go spouting off about something for which you have no proof. I'll see you in 20 years.

I'm happy to hear you've ONLY experienced 4 force closes since August. I've had my iPhone 4 since last year and I've experienced 0. All computers experience memory leaks the longer they are run without a fresh boot. Smartphones are computers. Very small computers with less functionality than a full desktop or laptop but still computers thus are subject to the same issues common in ALL computers.

Mostly thinner is not thinner. 8.87mm-9.91mm is not thinner than 9.3mm since the thickest part of the GS2 is thicker than the thickest part of the iP4. If it was a pure argument based on the thinnest possible area then the winner would just design a phone that has a useless part that tapers to a razor edge just to make that claim, which is absurd.

The reason malware is on the Android market is because Google allows it to exist through their lackadaisical approach to monitoring apps. Apple declines apps that are malware to protect the end user. Shocking.

So, former Apple user, go back to Phandroid.

Just the mere fact that you'll sit there and say that Apple doesn't care about customer service reeks of trolling and I'll end this argument on you being an idiot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And also a magnifying glass? Obv you haven't stepped int the bright new world of multitouch gestures. Two fingers pinch to zoom out opposite? ZOOM IN. And if it's so fast than why does my friend on a galaxy have to tell me to look stuff up on my iPhone because his is going to slow. "dude I have to show you this video!" 15 min later "can you look it up on your phone mines not working"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anybody remember 2010? The big debate LAST year was the HTC Evo 4G vs Apple iPhone 4. Now, a friend of mine at school had the Evo and I had my iPhone 4. We still have our phones. Obviously, we were both satisfied with what we chose. I still really liked his phone, and he really liked mine, but that is beside the point. The point is, each year, a new phone steps up against the latest iPhone. It'll happen again and again. iPhone is obviously, as someone earlier said it, 'the phone to beat'. These anti-Apple ads are seriously complimentary. They all suggest that the iPhone is the best phone on the market. (after theirs, of course)