Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Battery Issues Persist With iOS 5.1

My iphone 4s has a 1% battery drain per 10 mins on wifi , between my iphone 4 and 4s the 4s has a very poor battery , did a test on both at 100% then both streaming live tv found the iphone 4s down to 20% within 2 hours , iphone 4 got 5 hours before it hit the 20% , one point on theiphone 4 is it is over a year old and should have a worse battery compared to a new iphone , hope apple fix this problem soon , my only question to apple is why does ios have so many bugs , would be nice to one day buy a new iphone and have a bugfree phone , not to buy it and have non stop beta softwares on my phone ( apple released firmware to customers ) someone at apples ios department needs a kick up the *** , to release an update that lasts longer than a month

Turned off 'raise to speak' in Siri and battery is MUCH BETTER AND LAST LONGER now. :-). I think everyone should try this. I have location and everything on.

It's nothing to do with software or hardware it's to do with the way your holding phone lmao

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

My 4s gets unbelievably long battery life with heavy usage.

I'd wager big money the issue lies with quality control in the battery production. Too many sub par performing batteries made it into iPhone's which is why it's so hit or miss.

Don't think it's a software problem, since my 3GS on 5.0 and 5.0.1 lasts a full day on a nights charge. Must be the hardware. That dual core is really killing it.

I know they're still running the A5 at 800mhz like the A4, but the A5 should be more efficient running each core in tandem at 800mhz.... I wonder if Apple is lowering the A5 from 800 to 750, 0r 700mhz to compensate for the battery loss. That would suck. Otherwise, i don't see how they can fix the battery issue without doing a recall. I remember in another article on here, someone found Siri to be an EXTREMELY low battery consumption feature. So it can't be that.
    Last edited by Colby21; 12-03-2011 at 09:32 PM.

I had to upgrade my wife's 3GS. Hers is under warranty. But we can't get to a store immediately. So we had to borrow one. As soon as I had them both ( both 3GS) my wife noticed immediate difference in battery life. Hopefully when I get her new one, it will be better. Is there anyway to downgrade a 3GS?

I think they're just trying to screw up our jailbreaks IMO

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth726 View Post
    I think they're just trying to screw up our jailbreaks IMO
    I doubt that completely. They have more on their plate than worrying about jail breakers right now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

also the variables involved with how users actually use their device. Features such as Notification Center, automatic updates, and iCloud all naturally drain the battery.
    Exactly why I hate all this notification crap
    I do not need need to know a spam email has come in, I check Email during the day about every 1 to 2 hours manually and thats too much. I also do not use useless Vibrate, why? Because if it needs to be silent for me then I cannot talk anyway and that is what VM is for. Push is turned off, notifications for most apps turned off, Some of these Devs have notifications for useless reasons

Apple needs to decide how to be truthful and stop lying about issues like the real battery life of the phone when used with average number of apps that are on the internet every hour checking for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by -JailbreakeR- View Post
    I doubt that completely. They have more on their plate than worrying about jail breakers right now.
    Don't bet on it, Jail breaking is near the top of the list, this article is telling us that Apple does not believe there is a battery problem............ read between the lines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123