+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Battery Issues Persist With iOS 5.1

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So am I missing something. Both the iPhone 4 and the 4S have a 1420 mAh battery. So if the only difference between the two is the processor, and new
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

So am I missing something.

Both the iPhone 4 and the 4S have a 1420 mAh battery. So if the only difference between the two is the processor, and new software features such as Siri and the Notifications drop down from the status bar.......then how is the standby time so much worse (100 hours LESS) in the iPhone 4S with a supposedly more efficient dual-core chip??

And if software updates aren't fixing the problem then it seems to me that it can ONLY be one of three things.......(1) the A5 processor is NOT as efficient as advertised and instead is a bigger battery hog, (2) the mere existence of Siri and the notifications drop-down menu and that they are constantly running in the background no matter what and are draining the battery faster, or (3) Apple does not know what the hell they are doing and is mindlessly releasing software updates that do absolutely nothing and give consumers a false sense of peace.

I dunno......did I miss something?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

I say it's a design flaw of the 4S, Apple is stupid for using a 1430mAh battery, when comparable ones have more like 1600mAh

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxhorseriderxxx View Post
    I say it's a design flaw of the 4S, Apple is stupid for using a 1430mAh battery, when comparable ones have more like 1600mAh
    But the iPhone 4 has the same battery size. So it's clearly something else. It's either iOS 5 or the A5 chip......it has to be.

Thanks

Still on 3.1.2 any hope????

Thanks
    I would suggest people stay on older firmware on older devices for the time being.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess apple will just have to release the 5 now

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My 4s is still on 5.0 but I get 4 hours of usage and will have 15% or less battery. Maybe 20% if it's a good day. So frustrating
    -Luke

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Who about reception, my data signal suck , at work I lose signal on 2/3 of the warehouse !

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jj2345 View Post
    I know how apple can fix this problem,get a damn bigger stronger battery
    That means they also must get a wider iPhone to accommodate the bigger battery :-)
    AND...as long as they are making it bigger, put in the 4" screen!

Thanks

I believe the issues occur more do after jailbreak. OEM should keep it steady ... Lower brightness ... use wifi only when wifi available. Simple things.

What's Jailbreak? ashrafkhalifa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jrrtps View Post
    Hey!! I have a Solution, do not turn on your Iphone...
    If I don't turn on my iPhone then how I can tell its draining battery or not??? You THICK !!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Well, that sucks...maybe they will address this complex complexity of the battery and have it figured out by 6.0. False hope is better than no hope at all. Like this...the company / smartguy to invent a mega-super-badass-battery for smartphones that actually power smartphones regardless of "how the user uses it" is going to be very rich indeed. He/She is out there. And when it happens, it will be like the world just got Facebook all over again. And then we'll all have to find something else to ***** about. Screen size, maybe?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    But the iPhone 4 has the same battery size. So it's clearly something else. It's either iOS 5 or the A5 chip......it has to be.
    I don't think it's the A5 chip. I haven't heard any problems of the iPad 2 having issues. Its most likely the software. Why do you think apple is releasing software saying they fixed it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let all get a blackberry instead LOL

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashrafkhalifa View Post
    If I don't turn on my iPhone then how I can tell its draining battery or not??? You THICK !!!!!
    WOW, you sir need to learn to accept a joke. Why would you lash out at him like that? It was a simple joke, and it wasn't evens directed at you.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seemorbutz View Post
    Who about reception, my data signal suck , at work I lose signal on 2/3 of the warehouse !
    Same here my 4S loses service in low signal areas where my 4 would just be low signal. I'm guessing the battery is bad on 4S due to the crappy reception issues

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    I don't think it's the A5 chip. I haven't heard any problems of the iPad 2 having issues. Its most likely the software. Why do you think apple is releasing software saying they fixed it?
    They can say they've fixed it all they want. Fact is....they haven't. And if it's not the A5 chip then it could very well be Siri (which is NOT available on the iPad2) or iCloud.....or a combination of those two. The fact is.....these problems just showed up with this new phone. New processor, new OS, Siri, and iCloud. It has to be one or a combination of those.

Thanks

Oh uh no! Guess I'm gonna buy the mophie juice pack.
    HIT THANKS BUTTON TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had battery issues on my 4s until I turned of raise to speak under siri options, my phone battery lasts a **** LOAD longer now without that huge *** battery drain turned on.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now some of us (me included) are not having problems at all. I have a 4 and 4s both on 5.0, the only difference between the two is the 4 is jail broke, they are always within 1% of each other with similar use. What I don't understand is I bought my girl friend a 4s at the same time I bought mine and she has huge battery issues. The phones where from same shipment, set both up as new on same computer, and one has the problem and the others are fine. So what causes one to have problems and not the other is the question that needs answered before a fix is found.