+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Organize Your Settings With Preference Folders!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

Default [Giveaway] Organize Your Settings With Preference Folders!

Jailbreak Stuff holds all of my jailbreak settings. You can make a folder for any of the settings though.

This jailbreak tweak is dubbed Preference Folders and it's really neat! When you are an avid jailbreaker, chances are that you have a lot of jailbreak tweaks installed and that means that the settings for all of them can add up astoundingly quick. The more that you have, obviously the longer you will need to scroll to find what you are looking for this can be extremely cumbersome. Albeit cumbersome, jailbreak developer iSam has come up with a way to organize your settings into folders. You can organize anything, not just jailbreak tweaks. You can even put all of your favorite settings into one folder so that they are easier to get to. For example, all of the toggles that you have in SBSettings, you could put the Settings version into a folder in the Settings application so that they're easier to find.

Once opening the Settings application after installing Preference Folders, you will see a cell named Preference Folders and tapping on that cell, like any other cell, brings up the settings for you. The settings for Preference folders are as simple as they are elegant:

Basically, you can make as many folders as you want. Just tap new folder, then you can go into that new folder, choose the settings that you want in it, then you can name it whatever you want. When you apply the changes, your settings folder will appear like the first image that I put in this article which shows the, "Jailbreak Stuff" folder that I made using Preference Folders. Again, you can put anything you want into the folders, it doesn't need to be jailbreak stuff. You can put the network settings, the individual application settings, the jailbreak settings, or the sound settings, or anything else you can find into a folder. You can mix and match them as well.

When you go to make a folder, you will be asked to select the settings to put into the folder. Since I chose to make it out of all of my jailbreak stuff, when I open the, "Jailbreak Stuff" folder, it will show all of my jailbreak tweaks inside of it:

This is a pretty cool tweaks and I have to say, props to iSam for the idea!

Name: Preference Folders
    Price: $1.99
    Developer: iSam
    Repo: BigBoss
    Version: 1.0
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

The Giveaway!

iSam was gracious enough to give away FIVE copies or Preference Folders. Here's how to enter:

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @Modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win Preference Folders for iPhone!"

Winners will be announced on Saturday, December 3. Good luck to all of you that enter!

What do you think about Preference Folders? Share in the comments below!

Sources: iSam

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    For years i have wanted something like this, so when i saw it in Cydia, i jumped on it right away! I only wish that one could have the option to put a little icon on the left of the text like other jailbreak tweaks/ except for just having the words "jailbreak stuff" in the cell

The Jack White of Photoshop Hosko817's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 412 Posts

Its easier to just pay the $2.00 USD than to jump through all of the hoops to enter your contest. I mean really? follow 2 people on twitter, find your cydia number, make that available to the public, mention your name as well as a required message? Really!

iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hosko817 View Post
    Its easier to just pay the $2.00 USD than to jump through all of the hoops to enter your contest. I mean really? follow 2 people on twitter, find your cydia number, make that available to the public, mention your name as well as a required message? Really!
    You're serious? It takes no more than 3 minutes. I've entered 4 of his giveaways so far. And there's not a whole lot people can do with your cydia number

Thanks

Really??
    It takes like ten seconds to do..

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 763 Posts

OH NO! The boogie monster is going to give you free apps through your Cydia number! Please, stop him!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 12-02-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Darn! All these sweet jailbreak tweaks are making me want to trade my iPhone 4S for an iPhone 4!!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Thanks

like I said, It's easier to just buy it. simple as that.

Thanks

True but if you 'jump through the hoops,' you have a chance to get it free. Which is always nice.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Another great tweak, and at a decent price. Seem to be rare these days.

Easier? Maybe. But what are you doing right now that you can't enter the contest. I am sitting at work bored off my mind.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    OH NO! The boogie monster is going to give you free apps through your Cydia number! Please, stop him!
    Also....that didn'tmake any sense. just sayin Comment sections are for opinions and I simply gave mine.

Thanks
    I like giveaways and in glad mmi has them

Thanks

Also....that didn'tmake any sense. just sayin Comment sections are for opinions and I simply gave mine.
    Relax bro were just giving our opinions as well. I hope you were not offended because that wasn't my intention and I'm sure nobody else's.