+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Get A Nice Christmas E-Card Maker for Your iDevice

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] Get A Nice Christmas E-Card Maker for Your iDevice

How about sending an E-Card for free this year instead of paying money to mail out cards?

The holidays are almost here and that means it's time to break out the wallet and start buying Christmas cards for your friends and family. Anyone who does this knows that it can get costly. Between buying cards and then mailing them out (depending on how many people you do it for, of course) things can add up generally fast. I know that one year I ended up paying thirty dollars out of pocket for cards alone. This year, why not go green and send an electronic Christmas card instead? Not only will you save trees but you won't have to buy a card or pay for shipping! All you will need to do is cough up one dollar for the iPhone application that does this for you.

The application has been dubbed Christmas E-Cards and its purpose is to let you build your own card how you want it and then send it via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, or Email. You also have the option to print it out if you prefer to do it that way. The options at which you can produce and send an e-card are countless. Sure, there are many e-card applications in the App Store, but for a dollar, you get a lot of options in this application and it has a really nice looking GUI (graphical user interface).

First, you get a blank card with options to configure to card how you want it; it even tells you what everything is:

Next, by tapping on the camera button, you can take a picture of your family or something nice that will make a good card cover. After you do that there is a selection of Christmas graphics that you can move around the card to make card decorations. My MacBook Pro is my family for this demonstration:

After you have finished it, you can save it, print it, or share it. There are a ton of sharing options:

Name: Christmas E-Cards
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0
    Develiper:Vitsu Ltd.
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

Will you be sending an e-card from your iDevice this year? Share in the comments below!

Sources: Enrica Ciarniello

Thanks

Kind of sad your mac is your family

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll use the Cards app from Apple before I would use this tacky card maker. Yeah it cost about $3 for each card but it is a physical card that gets sent to someone. It is much more personal & is nicer to receive.To be fair, this type of e-card maker is OK for some things but big holidays & birthdays deserve a real card.