+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Springtomize 2 for iOS 5 is Officially Live In Cydia!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i dont mind buying this.. it worth the price..
    Green Apple
    Thanks

i dont mind buying this.. it worth the price..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm annoyed now after finding a working backgrounder for ios 5 I thought disabling multitasking with springtomize 2 would give me my old set up back but springtomize 2 doesn't disable it properly, same old can't use dock icons after disable problem

Thanks

No disrespect to the Dev, but in my experience all-in-one tweaks have caused more problems than they are worth. For example, on my iPad1 I have to keep in mind that I have very little RAM to play with, so small tweaks with small footprints have seemed to be the way to go. This Dev seems to have a winner on his hands though, it looks well done. If he can mimic or do better than iconoclasm for the icon layouts, he'd have me sold.

Thanks
    It's one of them tweaks where you could get all the stuff seperatly, but it's just easier to cough up $3 and get the whole deal!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This tweak is great. I bought it as soon as i saw it was released. There are a few things that were in the first one that are missing from this one and some other things that i think should be added. He should bring back the Unified iPod option, especially now that even on the iPhone, they are separated. Id also like to have an option to remove the "No Notifications" thing from the Notifications Center. And to add Seconds to the clock on the statusbar. He already has it able to be added to the lockscreen. This tweak is so worth the money. It's a freaking SuperTweak! lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Springtomize 2 Problems
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreezy View Post
    Downloaded on my iPhone 4, 5.0.1. Problems - so be aware. Disabled my ability to search Internet, disabled NC, and made my home screen black with dimmed icons. All of this without even enabling the tweak.

Anyone else having issues?
    No problems until I enabled it and started using tweaks.
    Caused my iPhone 4, IOS 5.0.1, to respring randomly.
    It also caused sluggish response sometimes with other apps.
    And it doesn't have the ability to totally clear the lockscreen.
    I have sent an email notice to FilippoBiga.

P.S. I just turned on animations and chose oldtv with color ...
    and my phone resprung into SAFE MODE !

P.S.S. Springtomize 2 does not work well with the following apps:

K2NoLockSlider
    Windows7Mobile
    Clear LockScreen
    Clear LockScreen 4.0
    ClearMe

I have uninstalled Springtomize 2 and emailed the author for a refund.
    I will keep you posted as to the results.
    Last edited by thevmax; 12-02-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks

Nice. Totally removed a bunch of other small tweaks since this does it ALL! $2.99 totally worth it.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    No problems until I enabled it and started using tweaks.
    Caused my iPhone 4, IOS 5.0.1, to respring randomly.
    It also caused sluggish response sometimes with other apps.
    And it doesn't have the ability to totally clear the lockscreen.
    I have sent an email notice to FilippoBiga.

P.S. I just turned on animations and chose oldtv with color ...
    and my phone resprung into SAFE MODE !

P.S.S. Springtomize 2 does not work well with the following apps:

K2NoLockSlider
    Windows7Mobile
    Clear LockScreen
    Clear LockScreen 4.0
    ClearMe

I have uninstalled Springtomize 2 and emailed the author for a refund.
    I will keep you posted as to the results.
    Calm down.. It's version 1.0 there are bound to be updates to address the issues.

Thanks

I had bought this tweak just for the purpose of disabling the multitasking but now that I have it disabled the dock is greyed out and the icons un-useable. It also disables the Notification Center, going to reinstall ISX to see if it works.
    Last edited by GhStRdR2k; 12-02-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks
    I had the same issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks great! This is the type of stuff I've been missing since switching to my 4s from a 3gs.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Springtomize S
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Calm down.. It's version 1.0 there are bound to be updates to address the issues.
    1. I am calm.

2. I have been stating facts about problems with Springtomize 2, ...
    and SURPRISE ! Others are having problems with it too.

3. I paid the money, I didn't enter your silly Twitter Contest.

4. If the product hasn't been tested thoroughly, it should not be released.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dudeski's Avatar
    Thanks

Anybody else have the camera button enabled on the lockscreen? When I enable it, pushing the camera button opens the camera app, but the "shutter" animation never opens so I can't take a picture.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    1. I am calm.

2. I have been stating facts about problems with Springtomize 2, ...
    and SURPRISE ! Others are having problems with it too.

3. I paid the money, I didn't enter your silly Twitter Contest.

4. If the product hasn't been tested thoroughly, it should not be released.
    Closed beta tests can only be so thorough... It's been on beta for months.

iPhone? More like MyPhone WaLLy3K's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone that pirates this and decides it isn't worth it is a cheapskate. I bought it to remove recents off my switcher, but realised there was so much more usefulness to it. It's removed tweaks needed to change my carrier and to remove newsstand. That and BiteSMS are the only tweaks I have and need on my phone now

Green Apple
    Thanks
    First off, I believe the author of this tweak to be a great guy who has all the best of intentions. I bought (upgraded, had the old one) this instantly, but unfortunately, I've had to uninstall it, since it cause spontaneous reboots (not just resprings) of my phone (iPhone 4, iOS 5.0).

Now, there is no way the betatesters could have tested every combination of usage, neither with Springtomize 2 itself, let alone in combination with other applications. My phone have stuff like IntelliScreenX, BiteSMS and SBSettings installed. Now I figure those are amongst those that they should have tested it with, seeing how popular those three apps are, but sometimes you just get unlucky. I too have the problem with the camera button. It's there and I can press it, but I can't snap any pics, when "Camera button always on" is ON in Springtomize 2.

However, I have faith in the programmer. FilippoBiga will of course work and try to iron out bugs, even though it seems many pirated the program. C'mon, it's one thing to pirate a game you maybe play a few times and then delete, but coughing up a FEW bucks for a program you use all the time. That's called being a down right CHEAPSKATE. I don't care if you are a student or from some god-forsaken country in which you have no credit card or paypal or whatever.

I admit to sometimes get a pirated copy of a game, but you can be sure, if I really like it and keep it on the phone, I'm buying it. Sometimes I purchase games (or apps) just to appreciate the great effort that some people put into these products, knowing for sure I might not really use the app much or at all. Why? Because it's only a few bucks. I have purchased over 500 apps in the last few years, and yeah it adds up, but it is also part of making sure programmers have the spirit to keep being initiative.

It's guys like FilippoBiga that keeps the Cydia community strong and thus efforts should be appreciated. And you know what? There are plenty of things I'd love to have. A great luxury watch, a big espresso maker etc. But I save up and buy the stuff. I don't just steal it.

Even though there are plenty of jailbreakers out there, many of you seems to be cheapskates who jailbreak solely for the purpose of being able to pirate apps. You forget that all the cool stuff, you use every day (SBSettings, IntelliScreenX, BiteSMS or whatever), is the work of dedicated people doing this in their spare time. And the jailbreak consumer segment is much, much smaller than that of the AppStore. Therefore they can't really count on living off what apps from Cydia make them.

I read a statement from FilippoBiga in which he aired frustration. Not so much about the money, but how demotivating it was for him to see people just steal the result from months of hard work. We've seen people beg, scream, demand a release date for Springtomize 2. That must have been at least somewhat motivating, I mean, who wouldn't want to have people long for something you're doing? But such a degree of piracy is a stab in the back from the community.

I am very disappointed in many of you. While iOS 5 brought along with it many of the features previously only available to jailbreakers, there are still reasons to jailbreak. It's still valid. But I have seen other markets die due to piracy. I would hate for the same fate to fall upon the Cydia market.

While it's just as illegal, couldn't you at least stick to stealing from the large companies that still make a decent buck? Do you really have to steal from a 17-year old talent? This isn't a company. It's a human being. It could be you. Some of you work. What if suddenly you didn't get the regular paycheck? "I usually get more than this!" "Yeah well, someone stole some of your hours. Sorry."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfreezy View Post
    Downloaded on my iPhone 4, 5.0.1. Problems - so be aware. Disabled my ability to search Internet, disabled NC, and made my home screen black with dimmed icons. All of this without even enabling the tweak.

Anyone else having issues?
    I had the same issue
    because i enabled custom capabilities
    if u did so disable it or from it enable all the setting u need homescreen , multitasking ... etc

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrandMasterB's Avatar
    Thanks

Not a FIX but a work around for the lockscreen camera app is to slide left to view photos ( it will tell you device is locked ) and then slide back right to be able to take pictures.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No0oNo0o View Post
    I had the same issue
    because i enabled custom capabilities
    if u did so disable it or from it enable all the setting u need homescreen , multitasking ... etc
    I noticed the same thing. When I enabled capabilities I didn't read what it said so I left everything off. Respring to greyed out dock, no nc, and no access to switcher good thing the icon on spring board was there (since my settings app is in the dock) and I was able to go back and look/read exactly what was going on. Turned on the capabitities I wanted respring and good to go.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    There is no data behind it not supporting iOS 5.0.1, you're the first case I'm hearing. That was just my opinion.
    I am on 5.0.1, Old 3GS; untethered. Restart/re-spring and unlock process very sluggish (about 10 times slower than normal). Most of utilities do not work