Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Another iPhone Ignites, This Time in Brazil

Default Another iPhone Ignites, This Time in Brazil

Another iPhone exploded, this time in Brazil.

According to Blog Do iPhone—a Brazillian website—Ayla Mota woke up because of a bad smell. Mota then claims she saw sparks flying from the screen of her iPhone 4 and the room was filled with smoke. Mota unplugged the iPhone from the wall, opened a window, and left the premises unhurt.

This self combusting iPhone isn’t the first one reported this week. Another user’s iPhone self combusted shortly after landing in Sydney Australia. Unfortunately for Mota she purchased her iPhone 4 while in France and her carrier warranty only covers devices bought in Brazil.

Comparing the two devices both share similar damage profiles with the burning in question occurring in the center of the battery. However, this second one seems much worse, most likely because Mota was asleep while it burned for an extended period of time. The Sydney iPhone on the other hand was put outf quickly after combusting.

With millions and millions of iPhone 4s and 4Ss in the wild these two reports could be explained away as anomalies. For the sake of every iPhone owners’ safety hopefully these are isolated incidents, otherwise Apple could have a messy recall on their hands.

Source: iPhoneHacks, Blog Do iPhone

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Great so r we all gunna go through a recall here soon?

Two out of millions and millions might not be enough to constitute a recall, yet anyway.

brazil one is fake

I saw a number of comments arguing back and forth about the devices legitimacy. To me it appears to be a legitimate iPhone, with a hideous case, and a screen protector all sorts of messed up from the fire.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm sure all electronics in existence have had a couple reported incidences of combustion. The iPhone is just a well-known product that it gets known when it happens. Then again what do I know, lol. There might be plenty of products that don't spontaneously combust. It hasn't happened to me yet so I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    I saw a number of comments arguing back and forth about the devices legitimacy. To me it appears to be a legitimate iPhone, with a hideous case, and a screen protector all sorts of messed up from the fire.
    Yeah the case is pretty whack...but it looks like a real iPhone. Then again there are some really high grade clones out there.

I just had mine replaced because the battery was getting pretty hot from using and charging 😱

Siri probably committed suicide due to the millions of user's reply to "siri will you f**k me?"
    Seems logical for Siri to do that.
    Or they told Siri to explode so that can sue apple.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler2fye View Post
    THIS VIDEO IS A MUST SEE EVERYONE HAHAHA GhettoSiri - Iphone 4s - YouTube
    That is funny, highlly inappropriate for kids caution

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Two in the same week. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Two in the same week. Hmmm
    One plus one unverified out of millions. Hmm. Red bold font. Look at me. Attention Attention. My comment deserves more attention than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by pete.heat View Post
    brazil one is fake
    Why? just because is Brazil? camon.....
    Live Wire

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Great so r we all gunna go through a recall here soon?
    May be in 2019 they will recall iPhone 4, heck it took them 8 years to recall the iPod Nano.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellular View Post
    Siri probably committed suicide due to the millions of user's reply to "siri will you f**k me?"

hahahaha!!! I like that.....
    Live Wire

Quote Originally Posted by Cellular View Post
    On a iPhone 4? Pssh.. we wish.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthekiller View Post
    one plus one unverified out of millions. Hmm. Red bold font. Look at me. Attention attention. My comment deserves more attention than yours.
    haha you tell em

jailbroken one? =D, aleast apple would say that.

hmmm... seems like a copycat to me...

Thanks

Is this Steve's Jobs failed attempt to take over the world.... Soon it will be ipads!!!! Hide your kids..... when iphones attack!

iBomb?
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast