+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4S Enjoys a 96% Customer Approval Rating

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple's new iPhone 4S is certainly off to a great start in terms of customer satisfaction. According to a new report from ChangeWave Research, the iPhone 4S enjoys the highest
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,672
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

    Default iPhone 4S Enjoys a 96% Customer Approval Rating


    Apple's new iPhone 4S is certainly off to a great start in terms of customer satisfaction. According to a new report from ChangeWave Research, the iPhone 4S enjoys the highest customer satisfaction rate of any new iPhone since the research firm began tracking iPhone user approval ratings.

    ChangeWave's survey indicates that 96 percent of owners are "satisfied" with the device. More specifically, 77 percent of survey respondents consider themselves to be "very satisfied" with the Apple smartphone. 19 percent are "somewhat satisfied," while just 2 percent expressed that they were "unsatisfied" with the purchase.

    These iPhone 4S satisfaction ratings are higher than those found in a July 2010 survey of iPhone 4 new owners, the report reads.

    ChangeWave asked iPhone 4S owners about the specific features they like best about the device, and not surprisingly, Siri was the top choice garnering 49% of the vote. General ease of use came in a close second favorite feature at 39%, followed by the 8 Megapixel Camera with LED Flash (which earned 33% of the favorite feature vote).

    Source: ChangeWave

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Honestly I'm more curious with y ppl were dissatisfied with the product? 1% is still a good population I bet u that they interviewed extra ppl to get that number down so low

    Any idea how many ppl they interviewed?
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 12-01-2011 at 11:41 AM.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Somewhat satisified does not equal approval, it means they were not happy with it to some degree but decided it was probably better then their existing product. Also ease of use is not a feature it is a perception of how the device operates. Its good to see people are soaking up the Siri feature though, it was very nice of apple to steal a free app from its customers and essentially charge them $200 for it.

  4. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    215 people surveyed? No figures indicating +/- accuracy. Not worth reading the results if they dont take the time to publish important info like that.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Honestly I'm more curious with y ppl were dissatisfied with the product? 1% is still a good population I bet u that they interviewed extra ppl to get that number down so low

    Any idea how many ppl they interviewed?
    maybe because it's there first iphone?

    quite honestly.. anybody who has owned 2 iphones previous to 4S release should be dissapointed. There is barely any difference. And to use software as your selling point is b#@****.

    and if you're satisfied with the 4S after owning previous iphones... well then your just a nerd and apple has you by your balls. Grow up.

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 60 Times in 43 Posts

    I'm just curious as to why they are only showing 98% of the results? What happened to the other 2% that aren't mentioned?

  7. #7
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Well, the iPhone is the only phone that works properly with the better apps so it's the most useful.

  8. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pete.heat View Post
    maybe because it's there first iphone?

    quite honestly.. anybody who has owned 2 iphones previous to 4S release should be dissapointed. There is barely any difference. And to use software as your selling point is b#@****.

    and if you're satisfied with the 4S after owning previous iphones... well then your just a nerd and apple has you by your balls. Grow up.
    Well that and the fact that I wanted 64gigs instead of 16gigs is why I upgraded
    +1080p Camera/Video

    I have owened every iPhone model at one point or another for longer then 6 months each
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 12-01-2011 at 12:38 PM.

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone KBI2113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pete.heat View Post
    maybe because it's there first iphone?

    quite honestly.. anybody who has owned 2 iphones previous to 4S release should be dissapointed. There is barely any difference. And to use software as your selling point is b#@****.

    and if you're satisfied with the 4S after owning previous iphones... well then your just a nerd and apple has you by your balls. Grow up.
    You mad, bro?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
    I'm just curious as to why they are only showing 98% of the results? What happened to the other 2% that aren't mentioned?
    Probably 2% had no opinion on it.

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KBI2113 View Post
    You mad, bro?
    Yeah I think yes mad at Apple for pushing out the iPhone4S when it should had had more features

    +1

  11. #11
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ..? Where'd the other 2 percent go? 77 + 19 = 96.... + 1 somewhat unsatisfied = 97 + 1 very unsatisfied = 98? where's the other 2 percent??

    Quote Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
    I'm just curious as to why they are only showing 98% of the results? What happened to the other 2% that aren't mentioned?
    I didnt see you asked the same question too :P
    Last edited by Dtpl; 12-01-2011 at 01:08 PM.

  12. #12
    Green Apple Mlitz69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler2fye View Post
    THIS VIDEO IS A MUST SEE EVERYONE HAHAHA GhettoSiri - Iphone 4s - YouTube
    Lmao that's a good vid

  13. #13
    iPhoneaholic rabbit_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts

    Never asked me if I liked my 4s but since I got 4s downloading from app store takes longer or is it just me

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Honestly I'm more curious with y ppl were dissatisfied with the product? 1% is still a good population I bet u that they interviewed extra ppl to get that number down so low

    Any idea how many ppl they interviewed?
    There is not going to be a single thing on this planet that gets 100% approval rating, no matter how good it is. Also, the 4S is far from flawless. Many people still have battery complaints. Also, the fact that jailbreak seems later rather than sooner might influence the votes of some. There are plenty of people that would state they dislike the iPhone without jailbreak capabilities. Frankly, I am surprised at how GOOD those numbers are. 96% approval rating is INCREDIBLE! That's something to be proud about! Certainly not the other way around.

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Well, the iPhone is the only phone that works properly with the better apps so it's the most useful.
    What?

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    Never asked me if I liked my 4s but since I got 4s downloading from app store takes longer or is it just me
    This isn't something I have personally noticed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  15. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pete.heat View Post
    maybe because it's there first iphone?

    quite honestly.. anybody who has owned 2 iphones previous to 4S release should be dissapointed. There is barely any difference. And to use software as your selling point is b#@****.

    and if you're satisfied with the 4S after owning previous iphones... well then your just a nerd and apple has you by your balls. Grow up.
    Oh STFU, who died and made you the grand wizard pubba of what a person should find appealing and not appealing about a product they chose to purchase. What kind of a clown has the arrogance to suggest that he and only he would can decry what features should make a phone appealing. GTFOH...

  16. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Honestly I'm more curious with y ppl were dissatisfied with the product? 1% is still a good population I bet u that they interviewed extra ppl to get that number down so low

    Any idea how many ppl they interviewed?
    Well I'm a member of the 1%. Bought the 4s to upgrade from the 4 and besides Siri, a better camera, and a slightly snappier interface there is nothing really new. After a day of using it I knew it wasn't worth $300 and wasting an upgrade / signing a new contract so I returned it.

  17. #17
    Livin the iPhone Life Happy363's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,318
    Thanks
    1,303
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 700 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pete.heat View Post
    maybe because it's there first iphone?

    quite honestly.. anybody who has owned 2 iphones previous to 4S release should be dissapointed. There is barely any difference. And to use software as your selling point is b#@****.

    and if you're satisfied with the 4S after owning previous iphones... well then your just a nerd and apple has you by your balls. Grow up.
    Looks like somebody can't afford a new phone!! I had just iPhone 3GS witch I loved!! And now I have 4s witch I love!! U need to read a little more it packs a lot more then just software updates!! The speed is awesome compared to my 3GS!!!

  18. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 239 Times in 197 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy363 View Post
    Looks like somebody can't afford a new phone!! I had just iPhone 3GS witch I loved!! And now I have 4s witch I love!! U need to read a little more it packs a lot more then just software updates!! The speed is awesome compared to my 3GS!!!
    U can't really compare the speed of those two devices especially since the iphone4 is between them and then there's like a 2 year difference

  19. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    132
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    Oh STFU, who died and made you the grand wizard pubba of what a person should find appealing and not appealing about a product they chose to purchase. What kind of a clown has the arrogance to suggest that he and only he would can decry what features should make a phone appealing. GTFOH...
    Your obviously someone that apple has by the short and curlies, someone who enjoys paying full price for half an upgraded phone. Apple should be disgusted with themselves for not even attempting to keep up with the competition. Oh wait, they don't have to, they'll just have their legal department check every little crevace of the competitions hardware find something they don't like and sue them off store shelves. Good thing that tactic only worked for a brief period. Oh **** Apple, looks like your gonna have to innovate rather then whine, ***** and complain about the competition doing a better job then you. Oh and stealing free apps from your customers and making them pay for new hardware to use them will only work so many times.

  20. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 41 Times in 31 Posts

    This survey doesn't surprise me one bit. You know that Apple fans will not complain or talk bad about Apple and their products no matter what happens. "Hey, my new iphone 4s' battery only lasts 4 hours but it's still the best phone in the world!" They will come up with any excuse possible to justify their true disappointment in the device. When the iphone 5 is released next year it could be a replica of the original iphone and millions would still be waiting in line to buy it. You can justify anything in your mind if you want something bad enough. I give major credit to Apple for what they've done! It is very difficult to convince millions of people to buy anything you sell just because it has your logo on it. Their marketing is absolutely genius!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts