+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] CallBar 1.0 is Live in Cydia and We're Going to Give Some Away to Celebrate! UPDATED!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This is one of my favorite tweak. This update is amazing.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

This is one of my favorite tweak. This update is amazing.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

CallBar version 1.0-3 was released as an update today. Please view the EDIT in the article to see what's new!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

yeh well after that update to 1.0-3 (ios 4.3.3 iP4) I try to make a call from my favorites list and my phone freezes up for 15sec and crashes into safe mode. Anyone else having issues?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Very nice, apple need to give these jailbreak guys some incentives to make the iPhone really more appealing.

Thanks

Looks great well done I will buy this on my 4s when a jailbreak comes available thank you to the creators and for doing a feature on this

Green Apple
    Thanks

Running ios 4.0, on my ip4. Downloaded the newest version of call bar, and my ip4 still crashes. Am I doing something wrong?

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is sadly the second time I'm trying Callbar and the second time I'm uninstalling after 5 minutes of use.

I receive a call while the phone is locked. I answer it. I hold it up to my ear and the screen goes dark as usual. I'm still on the call and take the phone away from my ear - the screen never again lights up. Button presses do not allow the screen to come on, although the other caller still hears me. It's not until the call is ended by the caller and I wait about 10 seconds, am I able to use the phone again.It seems to work fine while I'm using the phone (email, browsing, etc), but lock screen is a disaster.

Note that I have Lockinfo installed, and it's possibly causing a conflict. The phone feature of your phone is too risky to deal with bugs. God forbid there's an emergency and you can't use your phone to call for help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Any reason why custom contact ringtones don't work on my IPhone 4 w/5.0, but my wifes Iphone 4 on 4.3.1 works fine? And when I was on 4.3.1 it worked fine?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guitarded View Post
    Be sure to turn off "led flash for alerts" in settings > general > accessibility before installing callbar 1.0 if you have them turned on in ios 5.
    Y?

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supeazn View Post
    Y?
    You don't need to anymore.

This bug was fixed already

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

iZangetsu (12-02-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

the last update v1.0-4 fixes the calling from favorites issue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My first call received almost worked flawlessly. My custom ringtones do not work, only default. I also do not have the "Dialer Activation Method" option enabled. When I open it, its blank.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iZangetsu View Post
    The only problems I've have with the update is that the bar stays on the screen during a call and that blocks the buttons at the top of alot of apps. Also it's easy to accidentally end a call with that swipe method also
    That is the exact problem I'm having. I cant continue to use my phone with this thing blocking the important buttons on top of the screen.
    I tried to mess with a few settings but no help. If I turn off "phonecall callbar" it won't show the call bar when people call which defeats the purpose of the app.
    Last edited by idkanymore; 02-16-2012 at 01:04 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by idkanymore View Post
    That is the exact problem I'm having. I cant continue to use my phone with this thing blocking the important buttons on top of the screen.
    I tried to mess with a few settings but no help. If I turn off "phonecall callbar" it won't show the call bar when people call which defeats the purpose of the app.
    i third this. very frustrating that you cannot multitask on your phone with it blocking the top buttons, so i had to uninstall. developer should have an option to hide the bar by swiping while on the call.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allicatmeow View Post
    i third this. very frustrating that you cannot multitask on your phone with it blocking the top buttons, so i had to uninstall. developer should have an option to hide the bar by swiping while on the call.
    You should send them an email just to show some support for the change. I suggested to somehow shrink it to the status bar. I sent them an email but they didn't respond but it would help if you show them many people are having the same issue. Their email is [email protected]

Thanks

If you get SwipeNav then the back button on apps that gets blocked by Callbar can be bypassed by a simple screen swipe...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sage I View Post
    If you get SwipeNav then the back button on apps that gets blocked by Callbar can be bypassed by a simple screen swipe...
    Going "back" is not the issue. For example, when in the Notes app and in a note, top left is "done" and top right is +. Neither of these buttons can be pressed during the phone call because it is being blocked by callbar. This is just one example. And Getting another app to fix this app's design flaw isn't a great solution.

Thanks

I agree there is that flaw... I have used Callbar since day one of its release... Honestly I never noticed the issue until i read this topic today... So I tried it out in a few apps... The apps I tried all had a back button in the upper left and so I bypassed that problem because I already had swipe nav... Now that you mention the notes app I can see how that would be a problem... I guess I usually have my phone to my ear and never noticed this issue of callbar blockin things...

Quote Originally Posted by idkanymore View Post
    Going "back" is not the issue. For example, when in the Notes app and in a note, top left is "done" and top right is +. Neither of these buttons can be pressed during the phone call because it is being blocked by callbar. This is just one example. And Getting another app to fix this app's design flaw isn't a great solution.
    I just tried the Notes app with Callbar... I see your point and it is very valid. Now that I tried it out on Notes it is frustrating that u cant add a new note while using the phone. SwipeNav isn't the best solution to fix this "flaw" but if you already have it at least the apps with a back button are covered while using Callbar... Much respect to the developers of Callbar for the awesome tweak despite its flaw(s). I was not a fan of the stock way of receiving calls... Plus being a huge Activator fan it's nice to be able to place a call while say reading a web page and never having to leave it... In time im sure our friends who created Callbar will give us an update to remedy this flaw, until then I will still happily and gratefully use Callbar and recommend it to those who I inspire to Jailbreak their iPhone
    Last edited by Sage I; 02-17-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Thanks

I'll agree that I still really like the app as well, hell of a lot nicer than stock but if I end up being stuck again (sometimes I need to write things down or do something on the phone while on a call), I may have to uninstall till they release a update to address it. Would be nice to receive a response to my email as well. What's weird is that I don't remember this issue when I was using 4.x, I think they changed it to this for IOS 5 which is why I haven't noticed it till now (recently jailbroke 4S).

Long story short, if you use your phone while on a call, you may want to wait for an update before buying this.

Thanks

Now that I think about it it's kinda funny that at times have to grab a pen and paper to jot something down when I should be able to add a new note while using Callbar... Maybe I will email them as well about usability with apps and primarily notes...