Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Projections Call for 2012 LTE 4G iPad, iPhone

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Projections Call for 2012 LTE 4G iPad, iPhone

According to revelations coming to light from carrier NTT DoCoMo, Apple may release an iDevice line (iPod touch, iPhone, iPad) next year that will connect to long-term evolution 4G high-speed data networks.

This information comes to us from Macotakara, which reported that high-ranking officials with wireless carrier visited the U.S. earlier his month for high level talks with Apple CEO Tim Cook. The result of the meeting reportedly left both parties agreeable to the prospect of LTE-capable iDevices next year.

Currently, the negotiations to make that plan a reality are said to be in place. But as other reports around the tech blogosphere have corroborated in recent weeks, Apple and NTT DoCoMo have a number of meddlesome sticking points to work through, including the carrier's alleged demand that iPhones come pre-installed with their proprietary mobile applications.

Regardless of the time frames in play, we all know that LTE 4G advancements are coming to iDevices. It just remains to be seen how long it will take for this inevitability to actually get here.

Source: Macotakara

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah. We've all witnessed this year how accurate "projections" can be.

Apple needs to add 4G LTE to their next iPhone or they'll probably lose some customers. The Verizon and Sprint users especially would like 4G since 3G is so slow on their network. Hopefully 4G will be available in more areas by next summer as well.

I'm on AT&T so 3G is good enough for me now. I've gotten over 9Mbps down and 3Mbps up on 3G at home which is pretty good. Of course that was really early in the morning but I still average around 6Mbps during the day.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Believe it or not, I had no expectation of an LTE radio on (what I knew was going to be) the iPhone 4S. Next year's 'iPhone 4G' will likely have LTE.

the new iphone will be called the iPhone LTE, just wait and see

Thanks

No matter what people call the new iPhone, they simply should have the LTE, although there were same speculations before the release of the 4S but apple turned down the hopes of the users and didn't adapted the 4S, so lets hope that this time Apple will bring something better and more reliable this time.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    Apple needs to add 4G LTE to their next iPhone or they'll probably lose some customers.
    I agree, but I really, REALLY don't understand why LTE matters to so many people. Anything I could/would ever want to do on my phone I do fast enough on 3G. By fast enough, I mean there wouldn't be a noticeable difference with LTE.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by eman297 View Post
    yes, wait and see.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eman297 View Post
    Could be, but I don't think all providers are even planning on implementing LTE. Take Sprint, for example. I know there are talks of them getting on the LTE bandwagon, but thus far it hasn't happened. Would be kinda weird having a phone called "iPhone LTE" on a non-LTE provider.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings