Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.1 Beta Renders Home Screen Shortcuts for Settings Toggles Useless

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by -JailbreakeR- View Post
    Wow. I never said it only good for theming, I said its turned into more themes than anything else. I'm just being honest I've been doing this since 1.1.x so I know what I'm talking about. There are fewer and fewer tweaks coming out and more and more themes. Especially with the new NC and such. Btw I do not work for apple and can't help you can't deal with the truth.
    It's all good I guess the number of themes went away for me cause I just turned them off in categories tab back when I could actually jailbreak, since then though it's sounds about right that more ppl would be trying to theme there iphones

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well yeah you can turn them off in cydia but even then tweaks I feel as useful don't come around much anymore. Like I said bitesms and mywi are about the only real reasons I still jailbreak. About everything else has been adapted by apple over the years. I do have a few theming tweaks tho like springtomize 2, iconoclasm, and barrel. They aren't "needed" as much as the previous two I mentioned. The only other thing I have installed tweak wise is gv extensions.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Check out NoSplashScreen o it's close to that name, no more annoying device connected screen in music, control music from your device like it should be STUPID APPLE

Well yeah you can turn them off in cydia but even then tweaks I feel as useful don't come around much anymore. Like I said bitesms and mywi are about the only real reasons I still jailbreak. About everything else has been adapted by apple over the years. I do have a few theming tweaks tho like springtomize 2, iconoclasm, and barrel. They aren't "needed" as much as the previous two I mentioned. The only other thing I have installed tweak wise is gv extensions.
    Yea. I still miss sbsettings but really only for the quick power cycle and for killing all apps with a quick swipe and button. What with all those nice springboard shortcuts I can't think of a single other thing I miss from jailbreaking. Mywi was cool but I never really used it except at the occasional hotel or on a road trip.

Will need the unlock at some point though...

Thanks

Forgot about sbsettings, I put it in notification center. Wow can't believe I over looked that, guess it just feels right being in NC. I still use it daily so it's a cant be without for me as well.

Two years ago you would be right, but now not so much. With 4.x and 5.x came functionality that makes the iphone more "usable" in a non jail broke state than previous iOS versions. Now cydia is just basically a theme store (I do not use themes much) compared to back in the 2.x/3.x days when cydia contained more functionality tweaks than themes. Today the main jailbreak thing is theming but back in 2.x days it was for functionality over looks. You couldn't send a picture message with the iPhone until jailbreak apps like swirly started up on cydia/installer. Today you don't need such apps and tweaks since over time apple has built many things into ios.(bitesms and mywi only two I still use consistently) So essentially making a jailbreak a lot less desirable than before.
    I strongly agree with you. Jailbreak itself is much more desperate now than the old good days (Ziphone, iLiberty .etc). I jailbreak mainly for I am interesting in apple vs dev.team "cat and mouse" game and the jailbreak community. And it seems the game is over; the cat has eaten the mouse, and more and more greedy devs have come the community. I still jailbreak my old bootrom 3GS since it recalls me the old good days nostalgia; untethered; mostly no problems in running compatible tweaks, though only use some; SBsetting, icon renamer, gridlock, colorkeyboard, bytafont and activator for just for its gestures and swipe.

Thanks

I really hope the mouse is still alive but it's not looking good that's for sure. See I think that seeing apps such as semi-tether popping up is not a good sign. Someone knows something that not being shared. They are getting to the point where there's too many security layers now that it's going to come down to hardware exploits and tethered jailbreaks. That's why it took five user land jailbreaks to jailbreak 5.0 on the a5. Of which at least one is gone in >5.0 updates, which is why everyone saying 5.0 going to be the untethered version as of now.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    So IconProject no longer works?

Why on earth would there be a jailbreak available when it hasn't been released for 5.0 iphone4s
    For the millions of us who DO not own a 4s and have also Bought 4's ( Iphone 4 8GB is still being sold Ya know)

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Apple is a PAIN IN THE ***** to deal with. They seem to go out of the way to block anything that is not how THEY want you to use THEIR device (yes, Virginia, until you jailbreak it it is their device... you are merely using it).
    Yes yes and IBM was the suits and Big Brother back in the day........... Apple is the Big Brother in the Jeans
    Too many don't see them for who they are..............I do I do not lie to myself, and yet my Family has more than a few Idevices and Iphones........I like the phones for now, but make it impossible to Jailbreak and poof I'm gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12