+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Change the Notification Text in Notification Center

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
How would you like to change the text and the text color that shows up in Notification Center? Thanks to Moeseth there is a new free jailbreak tweak in Cydia
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default [Review] Change the Notification Text in Notification Center

How would you like to change the text and the text color that shows up in Notification Center?

Thanks to Moeseth there is a new free jailbreak tweak in Cydia dubbed Custom NoNewsLabel that allows you to customize the, "No New Notifications" text in Notification Center. You can make it say anything you want, and you can mix and match any RGB values that you can think of to make it any color that you like. This might be helpful if you have a theme and want more contrast from the text, or if you just want to trick out your text and make it look different from your friend's text, you can do that too. The picture above basically shows that you have 3 RGB sliders to mess around with. Setting them all to 0 means black. Setting them all to 255 means white. There are so many more colors in between that I cannot list them. So have fun!

The settings window for Custom NoNewsLabel is in the screenshot below:

As you can see, you can set the text to be anything you want it to be. So not only can you change the color to a more exotic color, but instead of having your Notification Center read, "No New Notifications" you can have it read, "Modmyi" or something of that nature. It's completely up to you. This tweak is as innovative as your imagination can imagine.

As always, nice job Moeseth!

Name: Custom NoNewsLabel
    Price: FREE
    Verison: 1.0.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Moeseth
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Note that if you have IntelliScreenX installed, you will not see the, "No New Notifications" text in your Notification Center. This means that there will be no text to configure. This also requires firmware of iOS 5.0 or later because it configures the iOS 5 Notification Center. So there will be no iOS 4.3.3 porting for you untethered jailbreakers out there.

Sources: Moeseth
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-28-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks

Pretty sweet bro. Thanks

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool. Always nice to have some extra customization am I right?also check out CustomColor to change springboard text color. And it's free.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

This seems more useless than vibrating app launches... but that doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility of me getting it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    This seems more useless than vibrating app launches... but that doesn't necessarily rule out the possibility of me getting it
    It's not useless. Some people change their Notification Center background and the white text is hard to see on some backgrounds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    It's not useless. Some people change their Notification Center background and the white text is hard to see on some backgrounds.
    Well the text is kind of pointless in the first place. This is of course useful for theming.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Holy crap. A simple tweak that is also FREE! I cannot believe my eyes. Usually we see apps like "Remove three pixels from the "." punctuation for only 99 cents!" /sarcasm By the way, this doesn't skap ads all of your GUI does it? If so, I take back my smart-a comments above.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Holy crap. A simple tweak that is also FREE! I cannot believe my eyes. Usually we see apps like "Remove three pixels from the "." punctuation for only 99 cents!" /sarcasm By the way, this doesn't skap ads all of your GUI does it? If so, I take back my smart-a comments above.
    I don't think Moeseth has ever made a tweak with ads. This one doesn't though.

Thanks

Gonna download this right now...😄

Thanks

Was gonna put a Gandhi quote there but it only shows so many letters...😪

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I don't think Moeseth has ever made a tweak with ads. This one doesn't though.
    That's good. I am not very familiar with the dev. Just writing down a list of tweaks to use when the 4s get's its get out of jail free card. Been waiting to pass go for a while now!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings