+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Want to Tweet More Than 140 Characters On the iOS Twitter Application?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Giveaway] Want to Tweet More Than 140 Characters On the iOS Twitter Application?

In this video, Moeseth, the developer behind Infinite Tweet, shows us how we can use it to post longer tweets.

There is a new jailbreak tweak in Cydia that let's you make Twitter tweets as long as you want to. You can easily bypass the 140 character limit within the iOS Twitter application from the App Store. It's also compatible with Echofon and Tweetbot. The tweak is called Infinite Tweet and what it does is it lets you break the character limit directly within certain Twitter applications without having to manually use applications like twitlonger.com and things of that sort. The developer behind this bright idea is Moeseth and he's no stranger to the jailbreak community. Moeseth has brought us numerous useful tweaks including the recent noOTA badge jailbreak tweak that we covered not too long ago here on Modmyi.

Since it would be hard to capture this kind of functionality via screenshots, I figured that I would let the video that Moeseth made show the works of the jailbreak tweak. As well as allowing you to tweet past 140 characters, Infinite Tweet also makes it so that you have an Instagram inline photo viewer right inside of the iOS Twitter application. Additionally, it comes with a t.co auto-expander for when you are dealing with links. This is only for the iOS Twitter application, though.

For Echofon, the added functionality includes not only the 140 character limit being broken, but also tweet translations, and composing a #nowplayingtrack tweet which obviously lets you tweet what you are listening to.

There are options in the Settings app that you can configure, also this tweak will work on any firmware on any iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. The settings look like this:

So of course, Infinite Tweet brings some really cool functionality to iOS's most popular Twitter applications. Kudos to you Moeseth; you and your awesome tweak!

I talked to Moeseth via email to ask a little bit about his tweak:

Anthony: What gave you the idea to make Infinite Tweet?
    Moeseth: I released a tweak named "140+ for twitter" a while back ago which is using pastie.org. Since then, users have been asking me to integrate it with twitlonger. And there are some features which are missing or I didn't like in current twitter apps, and wanted to change. So, that's how it got started.

Anthony: What do you recommend that users configure their settings as?
    Moeseth: Settings from infinite tweet are really simple and straight-forward. Anyway, defaults settings are good enough.

Anthony: Why should Modmyi readers buy this awesome tweak?
    Moeseth: Well, if you're a twitter addict and sick of 140 limit, you should definitely grab this. If you have friends who like to post lot of twitlonger posts, you should get this too since infinite tweet has a, "twitlonger expander" feature which will load texts faster with lesser amount of bandwidth usage. This tweak is also a boost to official Twitter.app with extra features such as Instagram Viewer and t.co copy link expander. And for echofon fans, this will add more features to echofon to enhance your twitter experience.

Anthony: Are you planning any future updates for Infinite Tweet?
    Moeseth: Yup, I have some big plans to upgrade current features and add new features.

Name: Infinite Tweet
    Price: 99
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Moeseth
    Version: 1.0.0
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

The Giveaway!

Since this is a Twitter tweak, no one has any excuses not to use Twitter!

Moeseth was generous enough to offer to giveaway FIVE copies of Infinite Tweet to the wonderful Modmyi readers!

Here's how to win:

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @Modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win Infinite Tweet for iOS!"

Winners will be announced on Tuesday, November 29. Good luck to all of you that enter!

Sources: Moeseth
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-27-2011 at 11:51 PM.