Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] Play Illegal Words in Words With Friends!

Hybrid View

Default [Review] Play Illegal Words in Words With Friends!

Is it illegal because it breaks the law? No. It's illegal because you're playing a fake word, silly!

With this tweak you can play anything you want in the popular scrabble-like game, Words With Friends, by Zynga. Literally, you can play anything that you want to. This tweak is called MessWithWords and it's by a developer known as Brian Fox. The tweak does not have any settings to configure, you can just install it and start playing fake words in Words With Friends. The best part? It works with iOS 5 and continues to work with Words With Friends even as they update it!

You can plop any letters anywhere on the board that connects with other letters and it will ask you if you want to play it (whether it's a word or not). Just tap on, "play anyway" and you will get the points for it. Want your opponent to scratch their head in confusion? Is something a real word but Words With Friends just won't accept it? Cheat Words With Friends and try out MessWithWords. Your friends won't know what hit them.

I talked to MessWithWords Support through email and learned a little but about Brian and why he made this tweak:

Anthony: I would like to ask you to tell Modmyi a little about yourself. You can do so in about a paragraph. You can include how you became a developer, your educational goals, or anything else that you want to throw in there.
    MessWithWords Support: Brian J. Fox founded the Okori Group in 2004. He sponsored Jay Freeman's development of a Java runtime for the first jailbroken iPhone, and was helpful in the creation of the Cydia store. When he has an itch, he scratches it, which spawned the creation of Voicemail Forwarder for jailbroken iPhones, where one can forward a voicemail to an email address. For more information about Brian, please see his Wikipedia page: Brian Fox (computer programmer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anthony: What gave you the idea to release a tweak that would allow people to use illegal words in Words With Friends? Why do you think that people like to cheat in Words With Friends?
    MessWithWords Support: My friend and co-worker Dan Staudigel and I were talking about the fact that we couldn't play certain words in Words With Friends that we would have allowed in a normal game of Scrabble – words that were meaningful to both of us, but that weren't actually dictionary words. We felt that these words shouldn't be considered illegal, because they are mutually agreed upon. Dan, an accomplished iOS programmer, immediately started to implement some of our ideas, and we found the results to be hysterical as well as useful. We thought that the rest of the world would like it, so we released it through Cydia (Jay Freeman and I are personal friends, and my company was instrumental in the creation of Cydia - see the credits.)

Anthony: Are there any settings to configure in MessWithWords?
    MessWithWords Support: Just whether it should be on or not.

Anthony: Do you have any tips about using MessWithWords?
    MessWithWords Support: It's not fun to cheat with it – you get bored instantly, and the other party finds it obnoxious. It's much more fun to create games with specific themes, such as, "surfing" or, "social networks", and then use words that make sense for those themes, but that would never appear in a dictionary. In fact, Dan and I have been talking about a future product that provides specialized dictionaries for just this purpose. These dictionaries could be created and managed by a community of users, shared, etc. Just one of many possible enhancements to the already excellent Words With Friends game.

Name: MessWithWords
    Repo: BigBoss
    Version: 1.0
    Price: $4.99
    Developer: Brian J. Fox
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Will you be messing around with your friends in the near future when you play a nice, relaxing game of Words With Friends? Share in the comments below!

Sources: Brian J. Fox
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-27-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Neat idea but so lame.

Cheating at words with friends takes the fun out of the game. I know it's made to just mess with friends but people will take advantage of this.

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream paradise View Post
    Neat idea but so lame.

Cheating at words with friends takes the fun out of the game. I know it's made to just mess with friends but people will take advantage of this.
    It is fun to just mess with people until they find out what is going on lol. I just started 4 random games and play all the letters for kicks.

Thanks

Would we get in trouble if the app developer finds out bout this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Would we get in trouble if the app developer finds out bout this?
    Of course not.

$5? Lol

Well that's not fun.
    Last edited by Tashawn; 11-27-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Man i want to cheat!!! But $5!! I guess it costs to be a cheater one way or another.

Thanks

Not for 5 bucks. Too expensive for a joke tweak.

Perhaps instead of cheating, you can read a book and increase your vocabulary.

As an avid WWF player, I think this is just plain dumb. I played someone who pulled this trick on me and by his 3rd move, I caught on and I told him to go to hell. Come on developer, stop it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Bahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by truenorth View Post
    As an avid WWF player, I think this is just plain dumb. I played someone who pulled this trick on me and by his 3rd move, I caught on and I told him to go to hell. Come on developer, stop it.
    Maybe it was me...

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x

I made a tweak that does this same thing.It is 6 lines of code.

This tweak has been out for 6 months or more this is old news

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit_ View Post
    This tweak has been out for 6 months or more this is old news
    CoolStoryBro, this isn't news; it's a tweak review.

lol *mod edit*. this must be how that guy put that word on the board. i really wish people would stop making apps like this.
    Last edited by 2k1; 11-28-2011 at 04:01 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    $5? Lol
    Wow thats stupid when this tweak was out last time it was free

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok now I see, I was playing with somebody online and I saw some words from him that didn't make sense for me and he won.

So they are going to give me 5USD to use it ? otherwise i won't!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Wow thats stupid when this tweak was out last time it was free
    Still is....somewheres

Oh and doesn't work with iPad hd WWF, didn't for me at least.

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast