Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Tweak Enables Siri Dictation on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod Touch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

doesnt appear to be working on most 3gs. the mic wont appear on the keyboard. ive tried it with the stock keyboard and color keyboard. ive read in many forums that the mic isnt showing up on alot of peoples 3gs'. Im wondering if the developer of this even tested it on the 3gs...I even went as far as restoring my device, re-jailbreaking with redsn0w and installing siri0us first. still nothing.

I can't seem to load Siri from insanely or the original source, anyone have a fix?

Same problem as others, mic does not show up anywhere. Running 3GS IOS 5.0.1 Old Bootrom

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

worked like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdown757 View Post
    doesnt appear to be working on most 3gs. the mic wont appear on the keyboard. ive tried it with the stock keyboard and color keyboard. ive read in many forums that the mic isnt showing up on alot of peoples 3gs'. Im wondering if the developer of this even tested it on the 3gs...I even went as far as restoring my device, re-jailbreaking with redsn0w and installing siri0us first. still nothing.
    Same here. Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I hope this isn't against the rules...
    http://jamesisbored.com/iphone/adblock He says that the actual hosts file is more up to date at http://jamesisbored.com/droid/adblock
    I love you man! (And not in a *** way either! ;-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GunHo198 For This Useful Post:

Zokunei (11-28-2011)

I tipped you on this article . Also, mic not showing up when holding home button on iPod Touch 4G. Shows up in spotlight though

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericwall View Post
    I tipped you on this article . Also, mic not showing up when holding home button on iPod Touch 4G. Shows up in spotlight though
    What do you mean the mic doesn't show up when holding home button? It's not supposed to. It's not Siri it's only dictation from the keyboard. The little mic you press that's on the left side of space bar brings up the Siri mic image, but if you hold home on non 4S devices you'll still get voice control. There is an app in app store called voice control that does a lot of the same things as Siri. Just check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by GunHo198 View Post
    I love you man! (And not in a *** way either! ;-)
    I appreciate your non-*** love. Not in a *** way either.

Thanks

Does this tweak work with siristand??

Quote Originally Posted by Lilmatrix View Post
    Quick question. Y isnt siri in the settings?
    Quick answer. Because this isn't Siri. It's Nuance dictation with the Siri GUI.

Quote Originally Posted by avhawk09 View Post
    I install it and everything goes good except when I press the mic button and talk it doesn't do anything. If I press done it just does those 3 purple lighting dots.
    You're supposed to talk after you press the Mic button. Then tap done. Then your words will become visible on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    You're supposed to talk after you press the Mic button. Then tap done. Then your words will become visible on the screen.
    I believe there are purple dots involved.

Tried this today.It worked as it should, but I had the following issues.Siri GUI that I had installed no longer displayed text (cannot connect to server) not an issue as it didnt work anyway, it still spoke however.Safari browser no longer worked, it would open, but then auto close as soon as i tried to do anything on it, the same with other apps, Im on semi tether, rebooted tether to see if that resolved, but it didnt.removing the siri dictate tool fixed my issues instantly, but has removed the home button function of siri gui now. (oh well)Ill wait out for a full siri fix for iphone 4 or simply not bother until the 4s is as cheap as it should be rather than these rip off prices for minimal extra functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_1980 View Post
    Tried this today.It worked as it should, but I had the following issues.Siri GUI that I had installed no longer displayed text (cannot connect to server) not an issue as it didnt work anyway, it still spoke however.Safari browser no longer worked, it would open, but then auto close as soon as i tried to do anything on it, the same with other apps, Im on semi tether, rebooted tether to see if that resolved, but it didnt.removing the siri dictate tool fixed my issues instantly, but has removed the home button function of siri gui now. (oh well)Ill wait out for a full siri fix for iphone 4 or simply not bother until the 4s is as cheap as it should be rather than these rip off prices for minimal extra functions.
    You need to remove the assistantservices.framework file. Then restore with original Siri files. Or else Siri will mess up and cause you to restore. Im going to assume you don't have much knowledge with OpenSSH. So be careful with the files
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    I believe there are purple dots involved.
    Yes, only after you speak. That is what comes up while Nuance connects with the server.

They might/might not show up. It depends how fast your connection is.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

If my iPhone 4 is plugged into my car's radio/nav unit playing music through my car's speakers and I open the Messages app my music will stop playing. This didn't happen before installing this. I wonder what the issue is and if it can be fixed...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jaredtodd69's Avatar
    Thanks

The music stops for voice dictation

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredtodd69 View Post
    The music stops for voice dictation
    It should stop for voice dictation only when I price the mic button, not from just having the messages app open.

do they have working for an untethered iphone 3gs on ios 5.0.1

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast