+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [How To] Submit Your Crash Reports to the Chronic Dev Team: Help With Untether!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I really wouldn't worry too much about it. The Chronic Dev Team is a legitimate name. You can trust them; they brought us the Greenpois0n jailbreak back in the iOS
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,071 Times in 787 Posts

I really wouldn't worry too much about it. The Chronic Dev Team is a legitimate name. You can trust them; they brought us the Greenpois0n jailbreak back in the iOS 4.2.1 days.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    That wasn't my point. My point is, who's to say installing from repos that are installed by default is safe? For all we know it may very well not be. Or if it is now, it may not continue to be.
    Who's to say?

I trust the Dev team - if you trust others that's fine. I dont.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Who's to say?

I trust the Dev team - if you trust others that's fine. I dont.
    Isn't this released by the dev team?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Isn't this released by the dev team?
    This was released by the Chronic Dev Team.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    This was released by the Chronic Dev Team.
    Ok, so what argument is there to make them lest trustworthy than the "official" dev team?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Ok, so what argument is there to make them lest trustworthy than the "official" dev team?
    They made Greenpois0n, they're a legitimate development team. Not a shady development team. Chronic is one of the few you should be trusting.

Thanks

If you don't know you should not trust either.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

They made Greenpois0n, they're a legitimate development team. Not a shady development team. Chronic is one of the few you should be trusting.
    Exactly why I don't understand other's mistrust of this group. It's not like this is a group of guys that randomly popped up yesterday asking for crashdump info...

If you don't know you should not trust either.
    That's a good way to say you either don't know yourself, or don't care to say. Either way, an unhelpful reply.

Thanks

Exactly why I don't understand other's mistrust of this group. It's not like this is a group of guys that randomly popped up yesterday asking for crashdump info...
    Because everyone wants to hear it from MuscleNerd. There are more developers than MuscleNerd out there that provide jailbreak tools.

Thanks

Because everyone wants to hear it from MuscleNerd. There are more developers than MuscleNerd out there that provide jailbreak tools.
    Makes sense. Probably the same reason people freaked the eff out when other "original" dev team members went different ways.

FWIW this paranoia is not restricted to things like this. I know people unwilling to send information like this to Apple, Microsoft, etc. if given the choice not to.

Thanks

That's a good way to say you either don't know yourself, or don't care to say. Either way, an unhelpful reply.
    Stunning!
    if you don't know what you are talking about then don't trust anyone.

I do and I know who to trust - can I tell everyone everything I know? No. So don't trust me.

Thanks

Stunning!
    if you don't know what you are talking about then don't trust anyone.

I do and I know who to trust - can I tell everyone everything I know? No. So don't trust me.
    I'm not sure what you are getting at here. We're just talking in circles. You don't want to give me a straight forward answer, that's fine. I am not asking you to tell me everything you know. You didn't tell me anything you know. Big difference there. But I digress. No offense, but we are both wasting our time.

Thanks

Wish geohot would decide to come back and save the day again.Or maybe we could stop having competition and different factions working separately toward the same goal and have the dev team, the chronic dev team, the new pwn dev team, any other independants like geohot WORK TOGETHER to get us an untethered JB and beat apple. Apples only been ahead of the game recently because they have strength in numbers. If we want to level the playing field we need some goddamn teamwork.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now you've got me. I wont install anything unless my friends tell me it's safe. I say you should not install ANYTHING from any repo that is not installed by default. Anything else is beta or wrong - if it's beta then talk to the dev and find out why.
    Maybe you should not be jailbreaking. Beta is fine, how do you think things make it to release? If every one was like you their would not be any testing, thus jailbreaking would grind to a hault.

Thanks

Yup - we are. I don't know you're problem.Sorry

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Which members? Where? What makes you think it is something to use?

I have yet to be convinced that I should use it.
    Ok this actually irritates me! If Chronic Dev was the first team to release an untethered exploit I guarantee you'd be syncing up and JBing your device.

What I also find amazing is how ALL these people will whine about an untethered JB not being released. NONE of them owe any of us anything, yet when they release a tool to HELP them you find more to piss and moan about! The way I feel is HELP or don't use ANY exploit they ever release since they're not trustworthy.

UNBELIEVABLE!

I installed and sent in 58 crash reports. Hope I can help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi i am a windows user and i got a ERROR message... [ ERROR: Could not upload crash reports! ] and i have 508 crash report
    Last edited by elimetal; 11-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

My safari keeps crashing every now and then new exploit in browser

Green Apple
    Thanks

For some odd reason after I signed in to post, I can't see the comment I wanted to quote...however it was something along the lines of 'if you don't trust this tool they've released don't ever use any of their other software'..+1Anyways, I sent 19 crash reports. Seems a little low considering I've had the phone since launch day! Whatever though any way I can help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingbijan View Post
    For some odd reason after I signed in to post, I can't see the comment I wanted to quote...however it was something along the lines of 'if you don't trust this tool they've released don't ever use any of their other software'..+1Anyways, I sent 19 crash reports. Seems a little low considering I've had the phone since launch day! Whatever though any way I can help!
    Well have you synced with iTunes recently.