Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [How To] Jailbreak iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1 With Ac1dsn0w

  1. #1
    Default [How To] Jailbreak iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1 With Ac1dsn0w

    Ac1dsn0w is a new jailbreak tool released by the Pwn Dev Team to jailbreak iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1.

    Be warned that Ac1dsn0w is brand new and in Beta number 1. There will be bugs. You do this at your own risk. If you want a more reliable jailbreak, use Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze.

    TETHERED JAILBREAK

    Ac1dsn0w is only available for Mac OS X right now. For legality issues, we will not be providing links. You can find it via Google.

    This jailbreak tool only works with:
    • iPhone 3Gs
    • iPhone 4
    • iPod Touch 4G
    • iPad 1

    To jailbreak an iOS 5 or iOS 5.0.1 iDevice using Ac1dsn0w, you will need the Ac1dsn0w application. Right now, it's only available for Mac OS X Lion and Snow Leopard. You can download it here. It is about a 35MB download and will take a bit to download depending on your internet connection type and speed.

    After you have downloaded it, unzip the .zip file and drag the application to your applications folder. Once you do that, open it up. The window will look like the first picture of this guide; up above. This is the main window of Ac1dsn0w. You have the option to jailbreak, boot tethered, enter pwned DFU mode, or exit recovery. Additionally, if you're an expert, you might want to show the console; it shows device information and the current state of the jailbreaking process. If you're a newbie, you might want to show the assistant; it shows how to get into DFU mode. The assistant and the console can be seen below:



    Once you put your device into DFU mode, you can use the assistant on Ac1dsn0w but clicking, "show assistant" if you don't know how, you can click the jailbreak button on Ac1dsn0w. Ac1dsn0w will then go through the process that it needs to:



    When it finishes the jailbreak process, you can click on the Tethered Boot option to boot tethered after jailbreaking. You will need to put your Device into DFU mode to do this just like any other tethered jailbreak; follow the assistant again before you click it:



    Once you are up and running, enjoy your tethered jailbreak on iOS 5 and iOS 5.0.1! You can install the Semi-tether to have the freedom to boot up your iDevice with stock iOS features. The Semi-tether will not grant you any jailbreak features until you boot tethered again.

    You can follow me on Twitter for the latest Pwn Dev Team updates.

    How did Ac1dsn0w work for you? Share in the comments below!

    Sources: My Mac, Pwn Dev Team
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-27-2011 at 04:28 PM.

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Well, I can say that, just based on the screens, the GUI looks much nicer than any of its predecessors.

  3. #3
    As long as it doesn't require the IPSW for each tethered boot, then it's doing one better than redsn0w

  4. #4
    OK, let me be the first to act like a completely unappreciative twit. Yay, another tethered Jailbreak . . . . woohoo!!! (in a sarcastic tone). In the olden days it would be a matter of days before an untethered JB was released. Now we hope that one will be released, ever.Yes, I do not know the first thing about coding, AND I appreciate every second of every day that I used my JB devices. It's not about piracy, but rather the amazing and indespensible slew of programs only available on a JB device (i.e. remove background). So I'm not really ********, but praying for an untethered JB to be released already.

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    bout to try this on my iPad 1 which is still on 4.2.1 it needs an update bad. I can deal with a tethered JB for now. I hardly ever reboot it anyway.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    bout to try this on my iPad 1 which is still on 4.2.1 it needs an update bad. I can deal with a tethered JB for now. I hardly ever reboot it anyway.
    If you update to iOS 5.0.1, you will be stuck on a tethered jailbreak for a very long time. The upcoming untethered jailbreak will only support iOS 5.0.

  7. #7
    I don't really get this at all. I'm all for new teams & more heads working toward an untethered jailbreak but when something new is released the first question I ask is, what does this bring to the table? The answer, it seems, is nothing new. Props to this team for the release, but it appears they're just recycling what is already out there & I just don't see the point.

    That's just my 2 cents & you're free to disagree with me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tario70 View Post
    I don't really get this at all. I'm all for new teams & more heads working toward an untethered jailbreak but when something new is released the first question I ask is, what does this bring to the table? The answer, it seems, is nothing new. Props to this team for the release, but it appears they're just recycling what is already out there & I just don't see the point.

    That's just my 2 cents & you're free to disagree with me.
    Right now it's in a beta stage. If you read my first post about the Pwn Dev Team releasing a jailbreak tool you'll see that it's going to bring something new that no other jailbreak tool has ever had before.

  9. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    If you update to iOS 5.0.1, you will be stuck on a tethered jailbreak for a very long time. The upcoming untethered jailbreak will only support iOS 5.0.
    Can't I just downgrade? I have shsh blobs on file for damn near all firmwares al the way up to 4.3.5

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Well, I can say that, just based on the screens, the GUI looks much nicer than any of its predecessors.
    I agree entirely, though my iPoT is happily redsn0wed on 5.0 with no reason to upgrade

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Can't I just downgrade? I have shsh blobs on file for damn near all firmwares al the way up to 4.3.5
    You can't downgrade iOS 5 firmwares at all. If you upgrade to iOS 5.0.1, you can only downgrade to iOS 4.3.5 or below, not iOS 5.0. iOS 4.3.3 is the last untethered jailbreak available.

  12. #12
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Team America Baby
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Another tethered jailbreak?.... Why not just read yesterday's news? When I read this tweet I was excited. Jokes on me I guess.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    If you update to iOS 5.0.1, you will be stuck on a tethered jailbreak for a very long time. The upcoming untethered jailbreak will only support iOS 5.0.
    What in the world is the point of an untethered jailbreak for 5.0 when 5.0.1 is out and 5.0.2 is on the way. Also agree with the poster who said what is the point of yet another "ra1n" or "sn0w" with some ridiculous prefix. Why can't there just be one type of each??

  14. #14
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Can't I just downgrade? I have shsh blobs on file for damn near all firmwares al the way up to 4.3.5
    Just download the iOS 5 ipsw file, and hold shift and hit restore and browse for the file you just downloaded.

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Just download the iOS 5 ipsw file, and hold shift and hit restore and browse for the file you just downloaded.
    That will not work with iOS 5. There is no downgrading system for iOS 5 at all.

  16. #16
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    2,127
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 94 Times in 88 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Moreno53 View Post
    What in the world is the point of an untethered jailbreak for 5.0 when 5.0.1 is out and 5.0.2 is on the way. Also agree with the poster who said what is the point of yet another "ra1n" or "sn0w" with some ridiculous prefix. Why can't there just be one type of each??
    Calm down and go make your own jailbreak tool that is untethered for iOS 5.0.1 AND 5.0.2 with some rockin name, and PM me when you're done. The reason for untethered jailbreak for 5.0 is because 5.0 may carry exploits and bugs that iOS 5.01 may have plugged. iOS 5.0.1 was also a minor update, so there is no use in spending much time on it, when we know more updates are coming in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    That will not work with iOS 5. There is no downgrading system for iOS 5 at all.
    that's funny, I never knew that one can DOWNGRADE from an old firmware to a new one. he's still on 4.2.1, therefore it WILL work for him to UPGRADE to 5.0.
    Last edited by iPod; 11-27-2011 at 02:21 PM.

    secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by WaLLy3K View Post
    As long as it doesn't require the IPSW for each tethered boot, then it's doing one better than redsn0w
    Unfortunately they achieve this by directly embedding Apple code in their program (15 times!). That's the kind of copyright infringement we stay away from. Hosting this app can lead to DMCA takedowns, etc.

    (Anyhow, redsn0w doesn't need the IPSW for each tethered boot either..it fetches the images from Apple's servers once and then caches them.)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    that's funny, I never knew that one can DOWNGRADE from an old firmware to a new one. he's still on 4.2.1, therefore it WILL work for him to UPGRADE to 5.0.
    What are you talking about? He's asking if he updates to iOS 5.0.1 if he can downgrade to iOS 5.0 to get the untethered jailbreak.

    This, you CANNOT do.

    And also, you cannot UPGRADE to iOS 5.0. Apple no longer signs it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by dstorrents View Post
    OK, let me be the first to act like a completely unappreciative twit. Yay, another tethered Jailbreak . . . . woohoo!!! (in a sarcastic tone). In the olden days it would be a matter of days before an untethered JB was released. Now we hope that one will be released, ever.Yes, I do not know the first thing about coding, AND I appreciate every second of every day that I used my JB devices. It's not about piracy, but rather the amazing and indespensible slew of programs only available on a JB device (i.e. remove background). So I'm not really ********, but praying for an untethered JB to be released already.
    I agree I thought this was a new thing for the 4s jailbreak but another tethered jailbreak? Really?

  20. #20
    I'll wait for the untethered 1, which ever come out 1st?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •