+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siri Proxy Can Be Used for A T.V. Remote

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
We've seen Siri doing some crazy things before... The Siri Proxy has made it possible for Siri to do some crazy things. For example, we can play with our thermostats,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Siri Proxy Can Be Used for A T.V. Remote

We've seen Siri doing some crazy things before...

The Siri Proxy has made it possible for Siri to do some crazy things. For example, we can play with our thermostats, start our cars, and now we can use it to tell our television what to play. It seems like the capabilities of Siri are endless. How amazing is it that we can use our iPhone to do just about anything with something that Apple built into the iPhone themselves? Usually to get any kind of awesome functionality that is outside of what Apple intended it for, we need to jailbreak our iDevice. Ironically enough, the iPhone 4S does not have a public jailbreak yet and because of this, hackers are finding their own ways to play around with Siri on the iPhone 4S.

From the video above, a hacker uses the Siri Proxy to play different episodes of television programs such as Mythbusters and Seinfeld. He does this by telling the iPhone to, "Play Mythbusters [insert episode type here]" or by saying, "Play Seinfeld [insert episode type here]." Obviously, if you have downloaded the episode, then Siri will be able to find it and play it. If you have not downloaded it, it will give you a response somewhere along the lines of, "Sorry, couldn't find that."

How would you like it if hackers were able to start our microwaves or stove ovens using only Siri? Wouldn't it be cool if we could cook a meal from the comfort of your couch? What is the need to get up anymore? This is the true modern American dream.

What kinds of crazy things do you think Siri will be able to do in the future as hackers continue to play around with the Siri Proxy? Share in the comments below!

Sources: 9to5Mac

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    What is the need to get up anymore? This is the true modern American dream.
    Yes, true american dream... Then everybody ends up like the people on the space ship on Wall-E...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    Yes, true american dream... Then everybody ends up like the people on the space ship on Wall-E...
    +1 for realism input

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ive been trying to get this to work for days now, i cant figure it out

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The title of the article is misleading, its not acting as a "TV" remote, its acting as a remote replacement for your computer.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARon145 View Post
    ive been trying to get this to work for days now, i cant figure it out
    Same here I'm stuck on the last step I get an error in terminal, I was able to sign it and open it on my iPhone but the last line of terminal code gives me an error

ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 11-26-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks

I've been working closely with Hijalti the ruby programmer who wrote the plug in. At this time we can only hook a Mac running osx. He is demonstrating a Mac mini in the video running plex and NOT the apple tv! I am working on a hook for the ATV but am waiting for the refactoring of the proxy to be complete. You can follow me on github flash66/siriproxy

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

To be honest I think that this will just give people more motivation to be lazy. Why do people find it so hard to get up and cook a meal, start their cars, change the temperature, and many many other things to come I'm sure. I'm a business owner and it's almost already impossible to find somebody who has any kind of work ethic. Everyone wants a job but they're not willing to work for one. IMO this isn't a good thing. Great technological advance, it'll create the new era of obesity (more than it already is).

Thanks

"Wouldn't it be cool if we could cook a meal from the comfort of your couch?"How you gonna get it into the microwave in the first place? Siri can't do that for you! LOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hondamaker View Post
    "Wouldn't it be cool if we could cook a meal from the comfort of your couch?"How you gonna get it into the microwave in the first place? Siri can't do that for you! LOL
    Meet my newest invention: the iRefrigastove. It will keep your food cold and cook something at your demand.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Same here I'm stuck on the last step I get an error in terminal, I was able to sign it and open it on my iPhone but the last line of terminal code gives me an error

ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE
    Where are you stuck ?

Thanks

Talking to your tv would be cool, Apple's new HD TV will hopefully have this option. Some of this story is obsurd, telling Siri to turn to ESPN is ok, but Siri isn't cooking me dinner. I use Siri a lot more than I thought I would, but there are limits.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Meet my newest invention: the iRefrigastove. It will keep your food cold and cook something at your demand.
    This has actually been available for several years...

High-End Refrigerated Ovens
    Last edited by ronanz; 11-26-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Added link

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

apple steal again? jailbreakers tweek with siri app and made it better? Now CRAPple say thay made siri? Everyone should know CRAPple BY now...

just finish reading the rest, WATCH out for CRAPple!!! they will sue and use your idea and say they though off it. that why they sue you in the first place???
    Last edited by DaLsim; 11-26-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaLsim View Post
    apple steal again? jailbreakers tweek with siri app and made it better? Now CRAPple say thay made siri? Everyone should know CRAPple BY now...

just finish reading the rest, WATCH out for CRAPple!!! they will sue and use your idea and say they though off it. that why they sue you in the first place???
    When did Apple say they made Siri? They added it to their iPhone and now everyone is supposed to believe your fallacy that Apple said that they invented it?

No.

Thanks

Yeah, Siri's capabilities are endless... Unless you ask it to take a picture with its own hardware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    Yeah, Siri's capabilities are endless... Unless you ask it to take a picture with its own hardware.
    That's supposed to be coming in a future iOS after version 5.0.2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cellular View Post
    +1 for realism input
    +1

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueaviator View Post
    Lmao... +1... hilarious. Nice touch.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Where are you stuck ?
    Well right now I'm computer is put do I have to take it into apple to speed it back up to par

I get errors when I run one of the last two commands, I never came across a step to insert my wifi up address I saw that on some of the tutorials but it wasn't on the one i did

Do you have a URL that could help?
    MacBookPro4.1 running Lion newest version with an iPhone4S