Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove 'Store' Button in Music App on iOS 5 with NoStoreButton

Default Remove 'Store' Button in Music App on iOS 5 with NoStoreButton

Remove the "Store" button in the Music application so you never accidentally tap it. Ever. Again.

The jailbreak community is great place of innovation as well as a hub for tweaks to fix all the pet peeves people have. Of all the pet peeves I can think of personally, my most annoying is the "Store" button in the Music application. A new addition to iOS 5, this button causes me amongst many others more annoyance than usefulness. I frequently tap it thinking it's another navigation button, just to be reminded that it's another means of Apple getting you to snoop through the iTunes Store. Target marketing? I think so.

Instead of sitting around and letting the button take the last laugh, I got John Heaton to build me a free tweak to remove the 'Store' button from the Music application. All kudos to him.

As the name states, you can remove the 'Store' button from your Music application and no longer have to worry about accidentally tapping it. All iDevices capable of jailbreaking iOS 5 are able to install NoStoreButton.

Name: NoStoreButton
    Author: John Heaton
    Version: 1.0
    Price: Free

Note: The "vibrate enabled" indicator on my status bar is a part of IntelliScreenX and is not affiliated with NoStoreButton in any way.

Source: John Heaton
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 11-26-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank you I hate that button stupid apple

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I think apple thinks we want a more "convenient" way to spend money on iTunes...

Personally this is the worst feature of iOS 5.0. It's worse than the battery issues. :/

True it's horrible

YES! Finally! I hated that button. I'd always tap it thinking it was just another back arrow :/

I haven't accidentally tapped that button yet. I don't understand why people would think it's another back arrow.

I didn't even notice it yet... Lol

It isn't as annoying on the iPad. But imma still get it.

F**k finally! I've been waiting for this a long time! Thank you for whom ever made this possible!
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by eightyk88 View Post
    I didn't even notice it yet... Lol
    Haha I know I had to go to my music app just to see it

Great work, Now we need to get ALL of CRAPple store SH.t out off our jailbreak i-stuffs???

iPhone? More like MyPhone Lombardo Joe's Avatar
    Thanks

Josh, you are the tweak king.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    This is an open request to John and other tweakers --- A more prominent delete button in the music app of iOS 5, one in the Now Playing screen, one in the Album View, one in the Cover Art view. A confirmation pop-up also.

I personally rip entire VAs and I really only enjoy 2-4 songs out of 20 (sometimes way more if it's multi-CD), it's such a waste of time having to go back to the massive songs list and search for the undesired songs, or scroll through thousands of titles for that little speaker icon (now playing), THEN delete it.

Yes, please, a delete button on every screen, with a confirmation pop-up.