+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Users Continue to Remain The Most Loyal With 84% Sticking to the iOS Platform

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Users Continue to Remain The Most Loyal With 84% Sticking to the iOS Platform

A recent report from the research firm GfK claims that iPhone owners are much more likely to display loyalty to the iOS platform with intention of picking up another iPhone when upgrading their handset.

More specifically, 84% of iPhone users that were a part of the research study said they would be upgrading to another iPhone, compared to just 60% of Android users who plan to purchase another Android device, and 48% of RIM users who plan to stick to Blackberry. This news helps to prove that Apple and it’s iPhone are still going strong despite earlier information from Gartner which was reporting that Android doubled its market share to 52.5% in Q3, while Apple recorded a decline from the previous year with a decline of 15% in the wake of a delayed iPhone 4S. GfK had the following to say about customer loyalty:

The scope for brands to lure customers from rivals has diminished and the richest rewards will go to those providers that can create the most harmonious user experience and develop this brand loyalty.
    Now you may be wondering what is keeping the people from switching devices. According to the report, 33% of consumers included in the research cite not wanting to change the apps and features associated with their device. This was followed by 29% of respondents not wanting to learn how to use another device. The remaining 28% didn’t want to transition their content from one device to another. It should also be noted that 19% of the consumers who own both an iPhone and iPad find it much harder to switch smartphone platforms than they do bank accounts. According to GfK, their research helps conclude that users are “less likely to switch brands the more applications and services they use on the device."

Another thing to keep in mind here is that Apple’s App Store and list of tightly integrated services probably help contribute to their ability to create brand loyalty among customers. This was reflected in Apple’s Q4 earnings call which revealed an impressive number of stats announced by the company. As far as the GfK report results go, they reveal more insight as to what companies should be aiming for. In the results, GfK discovered that 72% of smartphone users thought they should have access to all of their content seamlessly on all of their interest connected devices including tablets, smartphones, and TVs. This number further increased to 80% for users that owned a tablet as well. The report explained the following:

As smartphones become more advanced, creating a smooth and high quality user experience is a complex task, but despite this, 71% of smartphone customers believe the services and features on their devices work seamlessly with each other. The more services a consumer uses on a device, the more tightly integrated they feel the features and functions are, indicating that well executed service and hardware integration are having a positive effect on consumer loyalty.
    So what about you guys? Are you a loyal Apple owner or do you plan on hopping ship to another platform? Share any thought below!

Source: GfK

Thanks

I will stick with Apple on phones for the rest of my life unless there's something that's better which I doubt there ever will be.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am fairly loyal. I have used (and still do) other platforms, namely Android.

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I will stick with Apple on phones for the rest of my life unless there's something that's better which I doubt there ever will be.
    How old are you? Just curious because that's potentially a long time to expect Apple to be top dog.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I am fairly loyal. I have used (and still do) other platforms, namely Android.

How old are you? Just curious because that's potentially a long time to expect Apple to be top dog.
    Did you not read my comment thoroughly? I said I will stick with the iphone until something better comes up. Smh
    Androids suck, just saying.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I will stick to my iphone. and next upgrade would be iphone again and again... as long the fruit company release new iphone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wii1i View Post
    I will stick to my iphone. and next upgrade would be iphone again and again... as long the fruit company release new iphone
    +1
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Banned
    Thanks

84% huh? so where's the growth and how do you explain Apple's shrinking market share? iOS is loosing market share while Android is growing (US, Worldwide & Enterprise users) so I think that 84% is greatly exaggerated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    84% huh? so where's the growth and how do you explain Apple's shrinking market share? iOS is loosing market share while Android is growing (US, Worldwide & Enterprise users) so I think that 84% is greatly exaggerated.
    The Android OS is continually being whored out to cheaper and cheaper handsets. It used to be that the free phones were featureless dumb phones, now you can get an Android "smart" phone for free. A lot of cellular providers are realizing that they will make more money off of data usage than they will take a hit on offering a free "smart"phone.

It's not that the actual number of iOS users are shrinking, it's that the smartphone market is being flooded with cheap "smart"phones and 99% of them are powered by Android.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't worry once they run out of features apple won't be on top anymore, unless the iPod can be implanted in your brain, oh wait it already is prepare! Apple is going to mind control everyone in the future...oh wait it already happened :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone Airwaves182's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wii1i View Post
    Fanboy much?
    Without steve apple will do better so they might be on top for a little while longer

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I believe it. I know several people with iPhones (including myself) who plan to stay with iPhone when they upgrade and some already have upgraded at least once. I also know a couple guys who were Android users that talked about how good it was a year ago and now they both have the iPhone 4S and iPads!

Thanks

Call me a fanboy all you want(generally speaking) but I'm proud to be part of that 84% and continually be part of it as long as I'm happy with the iPhone. Which I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Talk about state the obvious ?
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Call me a fanboy all you want(generally speaking) but I'm proud to be part of that 84% and continually be part of it as long as I'm happy with the iPhone. Which I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    Talk about state the obvious ?
    +1
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

I'll always be a loyal Fan. I've been one ever since I owned my First nano WHICH is the one's that Apple is now replacing. But my owners ship of Apple Products starts from--->iPhone3G to iPhone3G(S),to iPhone4 to my Current iPhone4(S). My Current line-up of Apple Products -->iMac 21.5 (2011),Apple TV(1st Gen),iPad,Current iPad2,Time Capsule(4th Gen) SOOOOO you could say yeah i'm sticking with Apple even then they become #2 or 3.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'll stay loyal. SHINY SLEEKNESS!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    84%? :scratchhead

Thanks

I stay with iPhone cause the money I have spent on apps that generally work well and always seem to look and feel better than the same app on android also the way apple are slowly adding cross device links is a good reason!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

There is nothing wrong with wanting to stick to what you like. There is also nothing wrong with wanting change. I have been an Android user for two years. I had my wife on Android for a year. I recently switched her to iOS and got her an iPhone 4. I plan to switch to the 4S myself. Just want something different.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'll be staying with the iPhone. Started with the 3G,3GS and now the 4,tried android and it isn't for me,I just find the iPhone easier and a more polished product