+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Users Continue to Remain The Most Loyal With 84% Sticking to the iOS Platform

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
LOL..... Source: SamsungMobileUSA [/QUOTE]
    Green Apple
    Thanks

LOL..... Source: SamsungMobileUSA[/QUOTE]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The iPhone 4S is a bit meh to me Unless there is a jailbreak for the 4S soon, I'm off to Android, so much more choice and becoiming so popular in europe

Thanks

I have owned a lot of different phones in the past and in my own personal opinion I think iPhone I the best. It suits my needs and works very well compared to the other phones I have had. As of right now I have an iPhone 4 and plan on upgrading as soon as I have the funds to do so.

Thanks

Few years ago i had iphone 2g it was Rocking phone for me, then i plan to use android for some a change, and purchased HTC Desire it was good phone i enjoyed Android openness but Battery was horrible last only 10hr for standby, sound quality was not matching of iphone, loud speaker was horrible, multitouch was not up the mark, plasticky body then changed to iphone 4 & wow awesome games, battery 3-4 days , easy user interface, No anntenagate problem, High end design. Samsung, HTC etc produce 10 to 15 phones in a year only one or two draws attention but every time Apple introduce Iphone its a Quality product. this was proven that Quality Matters NOT quantity Iphone is launched every year and compared with 30 iphone in a year, and every time criticized like iphone 4S - SAME Design what about Samsung Galaxy S2 - Galaxy R ? HTC Desire, HTC Desire S same wine in new Bottle.

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 905 Posts

I had a 3GS then an ip4,had to sell it (worst luck),then had a Samsung g2 and sold it after 10 days now I have the ip4s
    There's a big difference between android and iOS and to be honest iOS has always been a winner with me
    Smooth,Sophisticated and sexy

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Fanboy!!! And proud of it.

Started with a iPhone 2G. Gone all the way till ip4 contemplating 4S. Converted my 15 people in the family including the wife.

Started the Mac journey with a Mac theme for my XP. Then hackintoshed leopard. Now Mac pro MacBook pro an apple tv.
    Apple love. Steve. Awesome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now you may be wondering what is keeping the people from switching devices. According to the report, 33% of consumers included in the research cite not wanting to change the apps and features associated with their device. This was followed by 29% of respondents not wanting to learn how to use another device. The remaining 28% didn’t want to transition their content from one device to another. It should also be noted that 19% of the consumers who own both an iPhone and iPad find it much harder to switch smartphone platforms than they do bank accounts. According to GfK, their research helps conclude that users are “less likely to switch brands the more applications and services they use on the device."The numbers don't add up, the percentage of different reasons adds up to 109%, so that probably means people are citing several reasons why they don't want to switch, however only two of the groups can be linked to loyalty, the 33 and 28 percent. The 29 percent who didn't want to learn a new device means they are just lazy, the 19 percent shouldn't even own a smart phone if they hard to switch to another OS such as Android, its not rocket science. So you really only have 58 percent specifically loyal the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    There's a big difference between android and iOS and to be honest iOS has always been a winner with me
    Smooth,Sophisticated and sexy
    Your partly right, there is a big difference between IOS and Android, there are far less patch and bug fixes in Androids OS, its a more open OS, way more features, you can do a lot more with the OS and all on a stock build. IOS you can read your email and browse the internet, want to do anything useful you have to jailbreak, all while listening to the constant threats from Apple and your carrier for wanting to do more with the phone you paid for, the UI is just terrible and bland looking until a theme is applied. Almost all android phones can be themed by default to a certain degree.

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    Did you not read my comment thoroughly? I said I will stick with the iphone until something better comes up. Smh
    Androids suck, just saying.
    And your proof is based on? factual information? hardware stats? available features? the OS? Keep on being Apples guinea pig for the constant half assed upgrades. I hope you enjoy being left behind in technological advancements because Apple will never lead in that category.
    Last edited by bry2k2; 11-26-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Now you may be wondering what is keeping the people from switching devices. According to the report, 33% of consumers included in the research cite not wanting to change the apps and features associated with their device. This was followed by 29% of respondents not wanting to learn how to use another device. The remaining 28% didn’t want to transition their content from one device to another. It should also be noted that 19% of the consumers who own both an iPhone and iPad find it much harder to switch smartphone platforms than they do bank accounts. According to GfK, their research helps conclude that users are “less likely to switch brands the more applications and services they use on the device."The numbers don't add up, the percentage of different reasons adds up to 109%, so that probably means people are citing several reasons why they don't want to switch, however only two of the groups can be linked to loyalty, the 33 and 28 percent. The 29 percent who didn't want to learn a new device means they are just lazy, the 19 percent shouldn't even own a smart phone if they hard to switch to another OS such as Android, its not rocket science. So you really only have 58 percent specifically loyal the brand.

Your partly right, there is a big difference between IOS and Android, there are far less patch and bug fixes in Androids OS, its a more open OS, way more features, you can do a lot more with the OS and all on a stock build. IOS you can read your email and browse the internet, want to do anything useful you have to jailbreak, all while listening to the constant threats from Apple and your carrier for wanting to do more with the phone you paid for, the UI is just terrible and bland looking until a theme is applied. Almost all android phones can be themed by default to a certain degree.

And your proof is based on? factual information? hardware stats? available features? the OS? Keep on being Apples guinea pig for the constant half assed upgrades. I hope you enjoy being left behind in technological advancements because Apple will never lead in that category.
    When it comes down to it does it really matter?? It all depends on user experience. I've said this many times before and I'll say it again, people like what THEY like.
    If you like android... Cool
    If you like ios... Cool
    If you like any other crappy OS(totally kidding lighten up people) then cool beans.
    That simple bro. Just for the record he wasn't stating any facts only displaying his opinion. It was quite obvious to me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2020shyboy View Post
    Few years ago i had iphone 2g it was Rocking phone for me, then i plan to use android for some a change, and purchased HTC Desire it was good phone i enjoyed Android openness but Battery was horrible last only 10hr for standby, sound quality was not matching of iphone, loud speaker was horrible, multitouch was not up the mark, plasticky body then changed to iphone 4 & wow awesome games, battery 3-4 days , easy user interface, No anntenagate problem, High end design. Samsung, HTC etc produce 10 to 15 phones in a year only one or two draws attention but every time Apple introduce Iphone its a Quality product. this was proven that Quality Matters NOT quantity Iphone is launched every year and compared with 30 iphone in a year, and every time criticized like iphone 4S - SAME Design what about Samsung Galaxy S2 - Galaxy R ? HTC Desire, HTC Desire S same wine in new Bottle.
    Yep you really did your research, HTC Desire is a 3 yr old phone, Android had advanced way beyond that today. Im running an HTC Evo 3d, I get 19-21 hrs of moderate usage out of my phone, the only way your getting 3-4 days out of your iphone is if your letting it sit idle all day. Antenna problems don't apply to android they aren't dumb enough to put the antenna in an area where you touch. 1-2 phones? even if that were right, thats 50 percent more choice then apple. HTC this year alone has the EVO 3D, Rezound, Raider, Sensation XL, Design 4G. Samsung has S2, Galaxy Nexus, Captivate. The list will keep going, gets alot longer of high quality products that either compete dead on with Apple or completely leave it behind. Same design? for the most part yep, but the screens have gotten incrementally bigger, the hardware/features have improved all around. Unlike apple who just barely steps up to the latest tech being offered.

Thanks

Have the iphone 4s , my last iphone , any future iphone will not be the same now steve jobs is dead , he kept a quality control on all the products , which has now gone , steve was 100% against a 4 inch iphone , yet all indications show the next one will leave steves vision , only for money , my guess is within 4 years the iphone will be gone , a shame but ios looks the same as day 1 , where as android changes alot , ios stays the same with only a few a lot of copys from android , i will keep my eye open but if ive leaves apple then the whole company is down the pan , as he had the vision jobs had , and he wont stay forever , which means the iphone will go

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Why wouldn't they? All their money went to iTunes and the App Store. If I didn't have so many paid applications I think it would've been easier for me to consider a switch.
    Last edited by Tashawn; 11-26-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tashawn View Post
    Why wouldn't they? All their money when to iTunes and the App Store. If I didn't have so many paid applications I think it would've been easier for me to consider a switch.
    I have no paid apps what so ever on my iPhone and it still suits my own personal needs. That's just me personally.
    If I remember correctly wouldn't the next iPhone be the last phone that Jobs was involved with? Either way everybody has their own personal option and preferences when it comes to their phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tashawn's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't forget about Cydia.

I spent well over a hundred dollars in the app store, I donated and spent even more in the jailbreak community.

So I guess you can say I'm home.
    Last edited by Tashawn; 11-26-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Thanks

HTC Desire is a 3 yr old phone,
    HTC Desire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia hey bro go to this site and check how much HTC Desire is old i am not against Android, i already said that i love its openness but i faced Battery Problem Love its Launcher Launcher 7, SPB Shell 3D etc but when i compared Design, Game Quality, iphone is much better( tough i hate iTunes ), my point is WHY Apple products are always Criticized. Even HTC Desire was also having Multitouch issue. its all about Apps, Design , UI , openness, personal choice we never know all these things will come to WP7 phones and in future we shifted to WP7. Android is Growing because more then 10 brand launch there phone with Android At the End its your personal choice to pick your FAV brand and FAV OS IOS, Android, WP7

Thanks
    Will stick with apple. Was going to go for the 4s (I have a 4) but decided against it.
    Next year will be different. I'm working on an iPhone app so need to stick with apple. If it all works out there will be 5 apps by the year end. I'll have to have iPhones and iPads to to test them. ;-) plus its tax deductible.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I research the hell out of what's being offered, compare my top picks statistically, spend plenty of time testing them; then finally, I'll make the decision that best suits MY NEEDS. Just so happened to be the 4S for a few reasons. Wasn't a easy choice but I have no regrets. This doesn't just apply to phones either. I own both Apple and Android products. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Never be a blind fan/groupie of anything. Your ignorance will only hold you back from experiencing life to the fullest.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12