+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] We're Giving Away $200 of Cylay Licenses; You'll Never Lose Your iDevices!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
What if I told you, that this application (Cylay) was the only application you would ever need? You would laugh. But seriously, how could anyone go without this application called
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 808 Posts

Default [Giveaway] We're Giving Away $200 of Cylay Licenses; You'll Never Lose Your iDevices!

What if I told you, that this application (Cylay) was the only application you would ever need?

You would laugh. But seriously, how could anyone go without this application called Cylay? Cylay has been around for a long time. It was the first anti-theft application ever developed for iOS and it was recently updated with iOS 5 support! Cylay is similar to Apple's Find My iPhone except that the features that it provides makes it an absolute must instead of Find My iPhone. Apple's application will only show your device on a map, allow you to lock it, display a message, or remote wipe it. What good will that do? If you really want to catch the crook, or find your iPhone if you left it somewhere, you need more information than that. Cylay gives you the option to take photos on demand using either the front-facing or rear-facing camera, see the recent calls on the device, see the current cellular information of the device, set an alarm, lock/unlock the device, backup the device from a remote location, prevent the device from being shut down, and more.

When you open Cylay for the first time, you will see all of the devices that you have Cylay installed on. In this case, I have it installed on both my iPhone and my iPod touch:

If you tap on one of the devices, you will see it on a Google Map with precise GPS positioning:

Alternatively, if you tap on the black arrow that is next to the device from the Cylay home screen, you will see a large list of options:

From this list you are behind the control panel of your device no matter where the device is. If someone has stolen your iPhone, you can use the Cylay setting to prevent turning it off. This way, you can keep tracking it until you find it or the battery dies. That is usually well more than enough time; in fact, the stupid criminal might even recharge it for you! There are even more options, for example, you can use your iPod touch to track your stolen iPhone, and from the iPod touch, you can make the iPhone take inconspicuous photos using the rear-facing and front-facing cameras. This will let you see who is using it, or help give you an understanding of where it is. The photos will be displayed on the iDevice that you are using to track your lost iDevice. Cylay is compatible with all jailbroken iDevices.

Let's say I lost my iPhone. I go to my iPod touch to find it and also, I want to know who has it so I use the take picture option:

Dang that whale. Always stealing my iPhone from me!

Only have one iDevice? No problem! Just like Apple's Find My iPhone service, you can log into a computer instead. You can follow this link to log in with your Cylay account to perform the same actions from your computer as you could with a second iDevice. The Web Site looks like this:

Cylay has so many options, it's hard not to recommend it. Cylay is a paid service. You can download the application from the Modmyi repo for free and it comes with a 30-day free trial. After that 30-day free trial is up, you will need to pay Cylay $19.99 per year and it is paid through PayPal. My opinion? It works great! I highly recommend it to all of you who are serious about knowing where your device is at all times and like to have fun being sneaky using the photo options.

I talked to Cylay support via email to ask some questions about the tweak and these are the responses that I got:

Anthony: What was the motivation behind building Cylay for iOS?
    Cylay Support: Cylay working from iPhone 2.0 until now, so it will always keep working for all iOS versions.

Anthony: What was the hardest part about making Cylay?
    Cylay Support: The most hardest part was making it compatible with the latest iOS. Making the system more secure and doing some low-level work.

Anthony: Are you planning any future updates for Cylay?
    Cylay Support: Yes, we are always keeping Cylay updated and we have for almost 3 years. Every 3 months we will post a big update in the future.

Anthony: Do you have any recommendations for Cylay in how users should adjust the settings, or how they can use it?
    Cylay Support: Users who want to use cylay just need push notifications and a network connection. That means their iOS must support push and needs cellular/Wi-Fi data connection at any time.

So, Cylay. Very good application! Nice job Cylay team!

Name: Cylay
    Price: $19.99/year
    Version: 4.6.1
    Repo: Modmyi
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

The Giveaway!

Cylay Support was generous enough to provide Modmyi with $200 worth of Cylay 1-year licenses. This means that they will give away a 1 year license to TEN lucky Modmyi readers!

Want to win?

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @Modmyi
    Retweet the link to this article with the following text: "I entered to win 1 of $200 worth of Cylay licenses for iPhone!"
    Within your tweet you MUST mention @BouchardAnthony.

I will DM the winners privately on Twitter so that I can get your Cylay email addresses from you. That is how Cylay support will provide the free license to you.

Winners will be notified by DM on Sunday, November 27. Good luck to all of you!

And... also, Happy Thanksgiving!

Sources Cylay Support
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-25-2011 at 10:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sweet, hope I'm one of the winners. Thanks for this great giveaway, Modmyi & Cylay.
    Last edited by DJMannyD; 11-24-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: miss spelling

iPhone? More like MyPhone buttamix's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJMannyD View Post
    Sweet, hope I'm one of the winners. Thanks for this great giveaway, Modmyi & Cylay.
    me too

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

same

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sounds like a really good app. count me in I hope I win

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope I win one of those. Awesome giveaways by Modmyi!!

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

Sounds good. But how do these give always work? How do you win?
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is good stuff.. Hope I can win one!

Thanks
    How do I enter to win?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nice giveaway, but how well does it work? Has anyone actually ever been able to recovery a lost/stolen iPhone solely due to this software? Success stories? Just wondering in case I thought about buying it later on. I don't Tweet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stryker_tc View Post
    Nice giveaway, but how well does it work? Has anyone actually ever been able to recovery a lost/stolen iPhone solely due to this software? Success stories? Just wondering in case I thought about buying it later on. I don't Tweet.
    There have been hundreds of cases where Cylay has helped people find their missing iDevices. Whether it was stolen or dropped inadvertently in between sofa cushions. Cylay reports to have helped hundreds of people get their iDevices back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My only question i have here is:Lets say i lose my iphone.. and someone picks it up.. and they take out my Simcard... and that person did not setup the wifi...How would this app help me?Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsancheezz View Post
    My only question i have here is:Lets say i lose my iphone.. and someone picks it up.. and they take out my Simcard... and that person did not setup the wifi...How would this app help me?Thanks.
    I've never heard of people taking out SIM cards the second they steal a phone; you usually need a precise tool to open the slot. But, you would be out of luck.

Random Thanks Collector Richard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 547 Posts

And like we asked before. How do we enter these giveaway things ???
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button

Thanks

Future- Yay I won! Thanks devs and Mr. Bouchard!

Present- cant wait to win!

It will happen

If I found an idevice I would try my best to get it back to its rightful owner. No joke because I would miss my babies real bad and would love for somebody to do the same for me.
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 11-24-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks

No thanks, I don't use Twitter.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pratt1503 View Post
    And like we asked before. How do we enter these giveaway things ???
    It tells you in the post.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds awesome. I hope I win.

Thanks

Sounds way better then Apples Find My iPhone hope i win

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobsco View Post
    Sounds awesome. I hope I win.
    Same here. It sounds like a must have.