+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Review] SmoothCoverFlow: Make iOS 5's Cover Flow Stop Lagging!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
iPod Touch 4G (no SmoothCoverFlow) and iPhone 4 (with SmoothCoverFlow). See the difference! SmoothCoverFlow is a new jailbreak tweak available for free in Cydia by the developer deVbug. SmoothCoverFlow is
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Review] SmoothCoverFlow: Make iOS 5's Cover Flow Stop Lagging!

iPod Touch 4G (no SmoothCoverFlow) and iPhone 4 (with SmoothCoverFlow). See the difference!

SmoothCoverFlow is a new jailbreak tweak available for free in Cydia by the developer deVbug. SmoothCoverFlow is your solution to the laggy cover flow in iOS 5. Since the release of iOS 5, users have been complaining about how laggy the cover flow is. It seems like Apple just didn't care about it too much. They haven't released any updates since the iOS 5 beta to fix the issue and there doesn't appear to be any intentions to fix it in the near future.

If you are one of those people who is annoyed by the lagginess of iOS 5's cover flow, then check out this free tweak from Cydia. It will be as smooth as if you were on iOS 4 all over again. It really adds the fluency back into iOS 5 that was somehow lost in the update.

There are no settings to configure. Once you install SmoothCoverFlow, you will notice the smoother cover flow when you open the Music application and rotate your device into landscape orientation. Cover flow is Apple's way of simplifying the way that you find your music. Cover flow is existent on all iOS devices as well as on multiple functions of a Mac.

From my experience, SmoothCoverFlow does a great job killing the lag. The video in this thread that I filmed of my two iDevices proves how it eliminates it. I love this tweak so far.

Name: SmoothCoverFlow
    Version: 0.0.1-5
    Price: FREE
    Developer: deVbug
    Repo: BigBoss
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

Will you be trying SmoothCoverFlow on your iOS 5 device? Share in the comments below!

And... also, Happy Thanksgiving!

Sources: Cydia

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This is great. Now I just need the untethered jailbreak.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm really getting tired of people whining and saying they're waiting for a untethered jailbreak.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    I'm really getting tired of people whining and saying they're waiting for a untethered jailbreak.
    The feeling is mutual!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Senyaichiya View Post
    yea exactly the whole world is waiting and people dont realize that their worthless comment that the dev team most definitely wont even see isnt going to speed up the jailbreak release, like everyone says if you cant wait any longer and NEED an untethered jailbreak then learn to do it on your own and release it for us its super easy bro

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not interested. I never use the iPod cover flow. Now if there was a tweak to get rid of it........

Thanks

I don't think the top poster was complaining at all.. Just pointing out that all he needs now is an untethered jailbreak. Which we all do...

Check out a couple other threads concerning tweaks and whatnot and then come back n compare. Im sure you'd see a huge difference.

As for the tweAk, downloading now.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why are you so desperate for a untethered Jailbreak? I swear I used to own the iphone 4 then had a tmobile htc sensation and then knew what it was to carry around a power cord with ya everywhere, now im back with iphone 4 after not being able to stand the android crap, let me tell ya with semitether and current jailbreak and having great battery life that lasts all day, I dont need a untethered jailbreak but it would be cool to have but not needed imo. Happy thanksgiviing

Thanks

Nice sweet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by durdan1 View Post
    Why are you so desperate for a untethered Jailbreak? I swear I used to own the iphone 4 then had a tmobile htc sensation and then knew what it was to carry around a power cord with ya everywhere, now im back with iphone 4 after not being able to stand the android crap, let me tell ya with semitether and current jailbreak and having great battery life that lasts all day, I dont need a untethered jailbreak but it would be cool to have but not needed imo. Happy thanksgiviing
    Exactly, couldn't agree more

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Smooth Scrooling
    It works great. Once the screen comes up, there isn't any lag!