Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Google's Android Market Earns 7% of Apple's App Store Revenue

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Apple is far from a winning strategy, doesn't take much to bully companies around with piss poor business ethics, attempting to push them off store shelves because they offer inferior products that simply do not compete with the competition. By the way, how long has that nasty battery issue been going on, seems about a month or so for some users. Have they bothered to plug that nasty security hole on the nice shiny ipad 2. Ya thats some grade A support.

    You seem quite happy to be strung along with apples half assed upgrades every year while other companies strive to bring the newest in technology with ever release, so please by all means keep bolstering apples app store income, after its coming out of your pocket not mine. This whole discussion really means nothing, the article is completely invalid as to who is the better company or not, google's market is not ever going to be in danger of folding, as it is backed by google's giant pocket book. It seems odd that apple sites like this have to post stories attempting to portray the competition as if it is meaningless to the mighty apple and yes im being sarcastic.
    Wow, you just don't know when to quit, do you? You really are making this fun for me. I'm not sure how you say that what Apple has is far from a winning strategy when they have the second highest market cap in the world (just below Exxon, in fact trading places for first with them at one point). In case you're not familiar with economics, that means that they're the second most valuable company in the world. That's the definition of a winning strategy.

    I do agree with you on one thing, that Apple's lawsuits are pretty lame, but that's another topic for another day. As far as the battery goes, I've owned the 4S since day one and I've had no battery issues whatsoever. I've turned off some of the location features and that made my battery life even better. Sometimes, features come at a cost (talk to just about anyone with a 4G capable phone).

    And I'm not sure if they've plugged the exploit on the iPad 2 yet or not, but I would argue that they do indeed have grade A support. Maybe you'll remember the article from this very site that stated that malware on Android has increased 472% since July while iOS remains nearly untouched (Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Android Malware Increases 472% Since July, iOS Nearly Untouched). Doesn't really make your case does it?

    I don't think the point of this article is to determine who is the "better company". That's somewhat subjective. Google and Apple are quite different in the things they do. Google is primarily an advertising company (yes they do many other things, but advertising is where the vast majority of their revenue comes from) and they are VERY good at it. Apple is primarily a hardware/software company and (in my opinion) they are very good at that. What this article does note is that Apple is making boatloads more cash than Google in the mobile appstore world. That's all it addresses. So, in that area, I would argue that Apple is indeed better, at least quantitatively. Qualitatively, it's a matter of opinion.

    You missed the point completely, it was on the app store, hence your an apple user, hence your using their product, hence your playing catch up. If your on the apple bandwagon your playing catch up.
    Oh, okay. Because the exact sentence that you used was, "Angry Birds was not free initially so again Apple is following suit to Android, thats my point, apple playing catch up yet again." So, when you say "apple playing catch up yet again" you really mean the consumer, not Apple? Okay. But that's not what you said. It looks like maybe you missed your own point completely.

    And Apple doesn't take a larger share from developers. Developers for Android or iOS both receive 70% from each sale (Google Android Market vs. Apple App Store | Aaron Pava | CivicActions). Also, you say that Apple developers have to charge more because Apple takes more. We've already shown that Apple doesn't take more, but let's just assume that they did.

    Thanks for stating the same thing twice in one sentence, did you fail english in school?
    Actually I didn't fail english (it was one of my best subjects) but thanks for the vote of confidence. And I might be offended if it weren't for your complete lack of capitalization, your borderline pornographic use of bold, and frequent misspellings. You just don't recognize correct english when you see it. No big deal. But I'm trying to figure out where I said the same thing twice in the same sentence. My first sentence talks about the fact that Apple doesn't take a larger share from developers, my second sentence clarifies just how much Apple and Google each get, my third sentence states an assumption that you made, and my fourth sentence re-states the first sentence in order to setup an assumption. So I guess my first and fourth sentence kind of restate one another. Take note: that little dot (.) at the end of a string of words typically denotes the end of a sentence and the beginning of a new one. Maybe you meant paragraph (look it up)?

    I could keep going but I think you get the point. Please don't respond to this. I'm sure you're a totally cool person (no sarcasm intended at all) and you're really just embarrassing yourself. Okay, maybe that was a little mean. Sorry.
    Last edited by stevelucky; 11-24-2011 at 11:47 AM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelucky View Post
    Wow, you just don't know when to quit, do you? You really are making this fun for me. I'm not sure how you say that what Apple has is far from a winning strategy when they have the second highest market cap in the world (just below Exxon, in fact trading places for first with them at one point). In case you're not familiar with economics, that means that they're the second most valuable company in the world. That's the definition of a winning strategy.

    If by winning you mean saturating the market giving consumers no other option, then sure we'll play along with that, again Apple started the tablet game first (in more recent years) and shoved it down everyones throat, they had no other choice so of course they bought it, makes sense.

    I do agree with you on one thing, that Apple's lawsuits are pretty lame, but that's another topic for another day. As far as the battery goes, I've owned the 4S since day one and I've had no battery issues whatsoever. I've turned off some of the location features and that made my battery life even better. Sometimes, features come at a cost (talk to just about anyone with a 4G capable phone).

    And I'm not sure if they've plugged the exploit on the iPad 2 yet or not, but I would argue that they do indeed have grade A support. Tell that to the woman who had her Iphone stolen and Apple let the theif hand it in to be repaired got a new one and walked away scott free, im not going to look the article up for you but its pretty easy to find Maybe you'll remember the article from this very site that stated that malware on Android has increased 472% since July while iOS remains nearly untouched (Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Android Malware Increases 472% Since July, iOS Nearly Untouched). Doesn't really make your case does it?

    That articles proves **** all, how does it measure any kind of impact to its customers?

    I don't think the point of this article is to determine who is the "better company". yes but thats what the original poster of the article is trying to make a point of but ill agree with you there.

    That's somewhat subjective. Google and Apple are quite different in the things they do. Google is primarily an advertising company (yes they do many other things, but advertising is where the vast majority of their revenue comes from) and they are VERY good at it. Apple is primarily a hardware/software company and (in my opinion) they are very good at that. What this article does note is that Apple is making boatloads more cash than Google in the mobile appstore world. That's all it addresses. So, in that area, I would argue that Apple is indeed better, at least quantitatively. Qualitatively, it's a matter of opinion. The problem with the article and the fact that it states that Android apps cost a bit more on average is that most of those apps you cannot get on iphone, they completely unique and their fuctionality for the most part is nothing like anything on the app store so really why should they be compared.

    Oh, okay. Because the exact sentence that you used was, "Angry Birds was not free initially so again Apple is following suit to Android, thats my point, apple playing catch up yet again." So, when you say "apple playing catch up yet again" you really mean the consumer, not Apple? Okay. But that's not what you said. It looks like maybe you missed your own point completely.

    Actually I didn't fail english (it was one of my best subjects) but thanks for the vote of confidence. And I might be offended if it weren't for your complete lack of capitalization, your borderline pornographic use of bold better tell everyone using bold settings they are writing porn, you clearly don't understand its function of making certain ideas or sentences stand out and make them easier to read, and frequent misspellings. You just don't recognize correct english when you see it. No big deal No i don't, because there isn't any misspelled words.

    But I'm trying to figure out where I said the same thing twice in the same sentence. you need to read more clearly then, you stated apple and google get the same amount from its developers and by stating how much google and apple get you just reiterated the exact same thingMy first sentence talks about the fact that Apple doesn't take a larger share from developers, my second sentence clarifies just how much Apple and Google each get, my third sentence states an assumption that you made, and my fourth sentence re-states the first sentence in order to setup an assumption. So I guess my first and fourth sentence kind of restate one another. Take note: that little dot (.) at the end of a string of words typically denotes the end of a sentence and the beginning of a new one. Maybe you meant paragraph (look it up)?

    I could keep going but I think you get the point. Please don't respond to this. I'm sure you're a totally cool person (no sarcasm intended at all) and you're really just embarrassing yourself. Okay, maybe that was a little mean. Sorry.
    '

    Your just going in circles with your comments, I recommend you walk away before you get too dizzy.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    Your just going in circles with your comments, I recommend you walk away before you get too dizzy.
    Oh, I'm getting dizzy alright.

    P.S. - That should be you're, nor your.

    Quote Originally Posted by bry2k2 View Post
    No i don't, because there isn't any misspelled words.
    P.P.S. - I think you meant, "...there aren't any misspelled words."

    Yeah, I guess your English is just fine.
    Last edited by stevelucky; 11-24-2011 at 01:38 PM.

  4. #24
    If Android were to allow App and Game purchases to be made using a gift card or debit card they would make a lot more money.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    If Android were to allow App and Game purchases to be made using a gift card or debit card they would make a lot more money.
    I'm almost certain that they do? I could be wrong, but aren't you able to link debit cards, credit cards, and various VISA/AMEX gift cards through your Google account? I just purchased a replacement iPhone screen and used my debit card on my Google account.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    If Android were to allow App and Game purchases to be made using a gift card or debit card they would make a lot more money.
    They do... I use my debit card all the time for purchases. It could possibly your bank blocks "online" purchases. I had that problem initially and had to call in a tell them to take it off. As long as it have a major credit card logo they'll take it. I have used a Verizon rebate card(Master Card I believe they switched to Visa now), a prepaid Visa card, and also my debit card(Visa).

    I use both Android and iOS. Most of the article is true from what I have seen. My wife prefers iOS for the "quality" of apps in the market over what is in Android. She is happy I bought her a Kindle Fire, but she wished I got her an iPad because of the apps. I may buy her one for Christmas(happy wife = happy home).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •