+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Want to Add A Home Button to Mobile Safari?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default [Giveaway] Want to Add A Home Button to Mobile Safari?

This tweak will add a home button to Mobile Safari in iOS.

All major computer browsers have something in common – a home button. They have this because all major browsers allow you to have a home page. Mobile Safari has never supported home pages natively; it's a feature that a lot of iOS users wish that Apple would implement, but there are jailbreak tweaks that let you set a home page. One such tweak is this one, dubbed Home Button in Safari by a developer who goes by the alias of Fr0zen Sun.

Home Button in Safari allows you to have a home button integrated right into the Mobile Safari action menu, as shown in the image below:

The "Go Home" button will take you straight to your home page. The home page is configurable in the Settings app. I have set the home page to Google as shown below:

That's really all there is to it. Home Button in Safari lets you have a homepage and a button to take you to that home page. Thanks Fr0zen Sun!

Name: Home Button in Safari
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.0
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Fr0zen Sun
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

I talked to Fr0zen Sun via email about the tweak:

Anthony: What gave you the idea to make Home Button in Safari?
    Fr0zen Sun: The idea came from Home Page in Safari because it didn't seem complete.

Anthony: What was the hardest part about making Home Button in Safari?
    Fr0zen Sun: The tough part was hooking into Safari, Apple has made it very complex.

Anthony: What other tweaks in Cydia are you responsible for?
    Fr0zen Sun: Other tweaks I am responsible for are Android Recent Apps and Android Delete.

Anthony: What are your top five favorite Cydia tweaks that you are not responsible for?
    Fr0zen Sun: Top 5: Barrel, Folder Enhancer, Safari Download Manager, Activator, and CyDelete.

The Giveaway!

Fr0zen Sun was generous enough to give away TEN copies of Home Button in Safari!

Here's how to win:

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win Home Button in Safari for iPhone!"

Winners will be announced on Thursday, November 24. Good luck to all of you that enter!

Sources: Fr0zen Sun
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-23-2011 at 03:35 PM.

*T*
    Thanks

Sounds pretty stupid to me. Why pay money for something that only takes a few seconds to do? Besides, If you want a home page, just leave that page open.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why not just setup a bookmark and "Go Home" from the bookmark? Seems like it would be the same number of steps....Guess I don't get the point, but I'm sure it works for some people.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Sounds pretty stupid to me. Why pay money for something that only takes a few seconds to do? Besides, If you want a home page, just leave that page open.
    Devs seem to be making anything and everything to try and make a buck. We see more garbage apps now that there are ways to collect money for them than we ever did when they were all free. And I am not talking numbers, I am talking percentages here.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

This should be included in the action menu....

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Devs seem to be making anything and everything to try and make a buck. We see more garbage apps now that there are ways to collect money for them than we ever did when they were all free. And I am not talking numbers, I am talking percentages here.
    I couldn't agree more. For me, this would be worth about 15 cents.

I also like how almost no one entered the giveaway haha.