+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 114 of 114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Samsung Takes Another Jab at Apple With New Galaxy S II Ad

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
...
  1. #101
    What's Jailbreak? maximvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bruges, Belgium
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If someone in Belgium buys an iPhone its in most cases just so they can say "look at me with my expensive phone". It's not used because you can check your email on the go and other work related things but just a symbol of status.

    I think the ad is funny because I don't see why you would want to wait for hour in a line for a phone...
    But don't think I hate Apple or something, i got 3 iPod's and I must say you can't find a better music player but the price is a little high. also when my screen broke i had to pay 170 to replace it but it's still cheaper than buying a new one (279 )
    Last edited by maximvd; 11-24-2011 at 03:42 PM.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    and apple doesn't have fragmentation? just like Android, there are apple users on older devices too. they are stuck at firmware 3.x or 4.x and cannot ever get another update and there are apps that will only work with newer firmware.

    to say that if Samsung or others only made 3 phones they wouldn't sell as many is not a accurate statement. how many phones do you think apple would sell if there were 3 other manufacturers selling their phones but with iOS on it? Imagine how many people would be buying the Samsung Galaxy S II or Samsung Nexus if it came with iOS on it? how many iUsers would ditch apple's 3.5" screen in favor of a 4.3" or larger screen? how many iUsers do you think would ditch the iPhone 4S and its poor battery for a Nexus with a 720p display or even an LG Thrill with its HDMI and USB ports?

    the fact that there are multiple manufacturers selling Android is not a fault. apple wants to keep everything for themselves and control its users and some people just dont want to be told how to use their property.

  3. #103
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,792
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 980 Times in 722 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    people just dont want to be told how to use their property.
    Thus jailbreaking was born. HOORAH.

    And rooting as well. Android users also hate to be told how to use their devices.

  4. #104
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Way to alienate potential customers, Samsung. It makes me want to switch...

  5. #105
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    All these companies are sore losers. Since they can't sell as well as Apple's iOS devices, they have to brag and insult the competition. Do you see Apple doing this with their ads? They simply advertise their product, show some key features, nothing more, nothing less. Just proves how ****ty the competition is now a days.

    #Comeattackmefandroids.
    I'm a mac.
    I'm a PC.
    Ring any bells?
    Stabbing at the competition is how the game is played...

  6. #106
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa (ISU for Vet School!)
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 310 Times in 264 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Thus jailbreaking was born. HOORAH.

    And rooting as well. Android users also hate to be told how to use their devices.
    There is one glaring difference though. Android phone manufacturers make not attempt to relock their phones. Many of them have bascially opened the doors for an easy root.

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    and apple doesn't have fragmentation? just like Android, there are apple users on older devices too. they are stuck at firmware 3.x or 4.x and cannot ever get another update and there are apps that will only work with newer firmware.
    We are talking about an Apple device that is at LEAST 2.5 years old though (iPhone 3G). To my knowledge the 3GS and later are all up to date with 5.0.1 and able to run any and all apps. I think it's fair to say that you are going to drop support of a phone after the two year mark.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-29-2011 at 03:39 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

    A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Thus jailbreaking was born. HOORAH.

    And rooting as well. Android users also hate to be told how to use their devices.
    Android does have to be rooted. my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy S II are rooted because I want to modify certain things like overclocking my S2 AND be able to adjust the battery voltage so I dont get shortened battery life.

    with my iPhone 4 its entirely different., I absolutely have to jailbreak because iOS lacks so many basic features. like;

    pictures in my contacts list
    ability to upload a photo to Facebook
    answer a text message without having to exit out of what Im doing an launch the sms app
    end tasks
    themes

    and so much more. I can all of these things out of the box with my S2., the i4 cannot. so rooting my Sammy products is optional rooting my Apple products is mandatory. even my wife whose not a techy could not endure using her i4 for 1 week without it being jailbroken, after updating to iOS 5, she's tired of the iphone.

  8. #108
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,331
    Thanks
    6,707
    Thanked 15,006 Times in 6,921 Posts

    A samsung galaxy S2 can respond to a text message without leaving the app you are in right out of the box?

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bklyn NY !!
    Posts
    913
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cookie181992 View Post
    No offence, and while I don't personally like android since my HTC phone update got abandoned and the phone had a bootloader that made it impossible to root, consider how many different android phones samsung and other companies make compared to Apple producing only three phones. of course android will have a bigger market share, but the fragmentation that is causes for a lot users isn't acceptable (the amount of apps I downloaded from the market that didn't run on my hardware/software drove me into getting an iPhone)

    If Samsung, HTC, Motorola & many others only made 3 phones, there would be no way they would sell as many

    well, for one. Apple made more than 3 phones, they made 5. and 4 of them are still being sold. while there's no single phone model that sells more than the iPhone your statement works both ways, if only one company sold an Android phone then the iPhone might not be the top selling phone. in addition, Samsung as a company sells more phones than Apple as a company, and not by a small margin but by a large margin.

    I hate it when people try to defend iOS by saying that Android only sells more because there are more companies making Android phones as opposed to saying that Android sells more because Android hardware and OS comes packed with features that consumers want. a variety of handset styles and options coupled with an OS that's not only customizable but literally packs dozens and dozens of features that are either impossible or unavailable on iOS.

    Answer this question honestly if you can., which do you think would sell more. the current model iPhone 4S running iOS 5 or the Samsung Galaxy S II or Samsung Galaxy Nexus running iOS 5 (imagining that there never was an Android OS)

    which would be more desired, an iPhone 4S for its looks or a Samsung for its superior display, superior sound, larger screen size and expansion options?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    A samsung galaxy S2 can respond to a text message without leaving the app you are in right out of the box?
    yes, I dont know if all models can. remember there is the international version, the t-mobile version, the sprint version and the AT&T version with Touch Wiz.

    Touch Wiz comes installed on my S II. with my Tab 10.1 it came with stock honeycomb, touch wiz was an option.

  10. #110
    Superbad Modder-ator Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bermuda
    Posts
    46,331
    Thanks
    6,707
    Thanked 15,006 Times in 6,921 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    well, for one. Apple made more than 3 phones, they made 5. and 4 of them are still being sold. while there's no single phone model that sells more than the iPhone your statement works both ways, if only one company sold an Android phone then the iPhone might not be the top selling phone. in addition, Samsung as a company sells more phones than Apple as a company, and not by a small margin but by a large margin.

    I hate it when people try to defend iOS by saying that Android only sells more because there are more companies making Android phones as opposed to saying that Android sells more because Android hardware and OS comes packed with features that consumers want. a variety of handset styles and options coupled with an OS that's not only customizable but literally packs dozens and dozens of features that are either impossible or unavailable on iOS.

    Answer this question honestly if you can., which do you think would sell more. the current model iPhone 4S running iOS 5 or the Samsung Galaxy S II or Samsung Galaxy Nexus running iOS 5 (imagining that there never was an Android OS)

    which would be more desired, an iPhone 4S for its looks or a Samsung for its superior display, superior sound, larger screen size and expansion options?



    yes, I dont know if all models can. remember there is the international version, the t-mobile version, the sprint version and the AT&T version with Touch Wiz.

    Touch Wiz comes installed on my S II. with my Tab 10.1 it came with stock honeycomb, touch wiz was an option.
    I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 for a month or two. It was the international version I believe. Had touch wiz on it and I didnt see any option to "quick" respond to texts. Coulda missed it though.

    As for your other question if I am being honest I would take a Galaxy S2 phone with iOS on it in a heartbeat over the 4S screen and design. But I would take iOS over Android in terms of software everytime.

  11. #111
    Green Apple Spyruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    All these companies are sore losers. Since they can't sell as well as Apple's iOS devices, they have to brag and insult the competition. Do you see Apple doing this with their ads? They simply advertise their product, show some key features, nothing more, nothing less. Just proves how ****ty the competition is now a days.

    #Comeattackmefandroids.
    have you actually tried the sgs2 tmobile version, i have it is amazing i have rooted it, and it has all the featchrures as iphone but it does everything twice as fast its is iphone after u jb it is so frickin slow sgs2 tmobile is the best phone

  12. #112
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyruf View Post
    have you actually tried the sgs2 tmobile version, i have it is amazing i have rooted it, and it has all the featchrures as iphone but it does everything twice as fast its is iphone after u jb it is so frickin slow sgs2 tmobile is the best phone
    Lol. The iPhone 4S has not even been jail broken publicly so how do u know it's faster than the iPhone when jailbroken? If your comparing it to the iPhone 4 and not the 4s. Well there is no comparison. iPhone 4 is slow compared to the 4S so what's your point? If this is an iOS vs. Android iOS wins Carrier IQ is not logging ever keystroke and button push and SMS. So iOS wins. Sorry.

  13. #113
    Green Apple Spyruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Lol. The iPhone 4S has not even been jail broken publicly so how do u know it's faster than the iPhone when jailbroken? If your comparing it to the iPhone 4 and not the 4s. Well there is no comparison. iPhone 4 is slow compared to the 4S so what's your point? If this is an iOS vs. Android iOS wins Carrier IQ is not logging ever keystroke and button push and SMS. So iOS wins. Sorry.
    I have a jalibroken ipt4 and a rooted tmoblie sgs2, to have a lot of jailbreak tweaks on the ipt4 and pretty much all the same function tweaks on the sgs2 and my sgs2 is a lot fater and more responsive, the iPhone is simple and good for people who aren't very geeky and want a simple device but sgs2 is for geeks and is really well for customizing a lot

  14. #114
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by eZStaR View Post
    All these companies are sore losers. Since they can't sell as well as Apple's iOS devices, they have to brag and insult the competition. Do you see Apple doing this with their ads? They simply advertise their product, show some key features, nothing more, nothing less. Just proves how ****ty the competition is now a days.

    #Comeattackmefandroids.
    i take it you are too young to remember the mac vs pc commercials that were running for "quite" a while???

    hence, love is blind... you only see the good things and forget/ignore/can't believe/etc... the bad that they do...

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts