+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: noOTA Badge Lets You Clear Your iOS 5 Update Badge

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default noOTA Badge Lets You Clear Your iOS 5 Update Badge

noOTA Badge will clear that pesky badge.

iOS 5 users who have been waiting patiently on iOS 5.0 for the untethered jailbreak have been speaking out over and over about how annoying the over-the-air update badge for iOS 5.0.1 is. I was one of them. Eventually I got in contact with John Heaton and used BadgeClear, a 99 tweak that allows you to clear any badge off of any icon in iOS. But, why should you need to pay when there is no way for you to clear the badge yourself? That isn't fair. BadgeClear was intended for notifications, which you can push yourself to clear yourself, or you can use BadgeClear to make it easy. Unfortunately with over-the-air updating, you don't have a choice.The good thing about BadgeClear is, it works with every app. So if you want to clear badges universally, then get BadgeClear, it's still an awesome tweak and I love it personally.

Thankfully, the developer known as Moeseth, has created a free tweak that you can download in Cydia right now. It's called noOTA badge, and it will let you clear that annoying "1" from your Settings app. If you're like me and you're all OCD about stupid things like unclearable badges on your Settings app, then check this tweak out!

This tweak has no settings to configure, you can simply install it and go. It will remove the annoying badge so that you can get on with your life and no longer need to look at something that you can't do anything about.

Name: noOTA badge
    Price: FREE
    Repo: BigBoss
    Developer: Moeseth
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

NOTE: If you own BadgeClear already, then you will not need to download this tweak!

Now that you can get rid of your badge, stay patient! The iOS 5.0 untethered jailbreak is on its way! Will you be downloading noOTA badge? Share in the comments below!

Sources: Moeseth
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-22-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks

It bugged me at first because settings with a "1"...?? Just wasn't used to it. Now I don't mind so much. I'll let it chill on my springboard

I might even name it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    BadgeClear does not work with MultiIconMover unfortunately. However, NoOTA does what package says.

Thanks

I have 5.0.1 no untethered jailbreak for me whenever it comes for iPhone 4S

Official SaurikIT Support
    Thanks

Hmm, it's not quite accurate to say that "The iOS 5.0 untethered jailbreak is on its way" - nobody really knows yet whether the people working on the untether will be successful, or if they'll be successful anytime soon. We can hope for it, but we don't know for sure.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Nice! I wouldn't have paid to get rid of it but I'll take a free tweak everyday!

Thanks

I did this for myself awhile back. But I actually edited the System update to remove my device entirely. So now when I go in it says "iOS 5.0 is the current version". No badges, pop-ups, or badges inside the app. And no accidental 'update'.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ironically I don't have the badge on my 4s on 5.0. My wife does on her 4s and mine shows that I can download and update, but no badge. Interesting

Smitty

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Now that you can get rid of your badge, stay patient! The iOS 5.0 untethered jailbreak is on its way! Will you be downloading noOTA badge? Share in the comments below!
    Doesn't work for me 5.0.1 JB 3gs

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
    Doesn't work for me 5.0.1 JB 3gs
    You shouldn't have a badge saying you have an update if youre on 5.0.1. Because 5.0.2 isn't out yet...

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    It bugged me at first because settings with a "1"...?? Just wasn't used to it. Now I don't mind so much. I'll let it chill on my springboard

I might even name it...
    Yep it bugs me a lot. Since when did the settings app have an annoying little badge? Never until now. Untethered jailbreak better come soon or I might just go tethered.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    You shouldn't have a badge saying you have an update if youre on 5.0.1. Because 5.0.2 isn't out yet...
    oops my Bad I was thinking all Badges because I hate them

NoFolder badges works but NoBadges does not

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    I have 5.0.1 no untethered jailbreak for me whenever it comes for iPhone 4S
    I'm also on 5.0.1 on a 4S. The badge got to me. Apple did a really good job securing the new iDevices this time around. They even hired the enemy (comex)
    -FBIRyuJin

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

Speaking of which, is a 4s jailbreak coming any time soon, do you have a scoop on that Anthony?
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Archez View Post
    I did this for myself awhile back. But I actually edited the System update to remove my device entirely. So now when I go in it says "iOS 5.0 is the current version". No badges, pop-ups, or badges inside the app. And no accidental 'update'.

Do post a how to do instruction pls.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Speaking of which, is a 4s jailbreak coming any time soon, do you have a scoop on that Anthony?
    Unless its a miracle I highly doubt you'll see a jailbreak of any kind for 4s in the near future. The devs are still stumped on how to get an untethered JB for other devices (besides iPad 2 and 4s). Some times I wonder if the untethered is taking so long to release because they want to be able to release ALL devices at the same time or like I said before in other threads, it just very well may not be possible anymore to get an untethered JB. I'm not going to go into a huge explanation of it again, but all it would take is for apple to develop a boot verification and if there is anything out of place or something extra within the OS or anything else for that matter then iOS wouldn't start up until a restore is established and the verification checks out. I'm not a developer or coder but I know it can be done. Times Warner for example. It can tell if your phone is JB and if it is it will NOT launch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoEtikly View Post
    Unless its a miracle I highly doubt you'll see a jailbreak of any kind for 4s in the near future.
    Be prepared for a miracle.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

takes the badge off settings, but if settings is in a folder, the badges is still on the folder.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Be prepared for a miracle.
    Well I sure as hell hope that I do see one, but keeping hoping and wishing and maybe God Almighty himself will appear before your eyes, say "WTF is up dude?", and hand you a Jailbroken 4s. Please post this miracle as soon as it happen please.

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BioFUSION View Post
    takes the badge off settings, but if settings is in a folder, the badges is still on the folder.
    You could always buy BadgeClear. It will fix that for you.