Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Want to Manage Your iPhone's Media Files Over Wi-Fi?

Default [Giveaway] Want to Manage Your iPhone's Media Files Over Wi-Fi?

iMedia lets you manage your media files over Wi-Fi (Audio, Video, and Photo).

iMedia is a new application made by Kaveh Eshkofti that allows you to manage all of your iDevice's media files over a wireless connection without needing iTunes or a USB connection. Usually when you take a photo or video or record audio on your iDevice, you need to connect it to your computer via a USB connection and drag them over to your computer manually. Eshkofti's application makes it so that you can do this without logging into iCloud, or having to connect your iDevice to a computer using a USB wire.

The application has three tabs, one each for photo, audio, and video. Through these tabs you can manage the files that you produce on your iDevice. For example, if you take a photo using the Camera app, it will appear in the photo tab. If you take a video using the Camera app, it will appear in the video tab. If you make an audio recording using the Voice Memos app, it will appear in the audio tab.

From this application you also have the ability to send a file to a computer using FTP. To do this you use an FTP program and tap the Wi-Fi icon at the top of the application. In the application you can also rename files, or delete them.

I talked to Kaveh Eshkofti via email to ask some questions about himself and iMedia:

Anthony: In about a paragraph, tell us a little about yourself!
    Kaveh: I am Kaveh Eshkofti, 31 years old and a developer. My major developing language is Delphi. I am the head of software department of "Sabapouyan IT Corp." where we develop engineering and medical applications. I am new in iPhone development. My first Cydia tweak was "iSendContact" on Modmyi which is free and has a total downloads amount of 15000. I have developed "iSendContact Pro." on Modmyi and "iScheduledSMS" on BigBoss. My last released app is "iMedia" on BigBoss.

Anthony: What gave you the idea to make iMedia?
    Kaveh: iPhone users have to pass several steps to record a video, take a photo, or record sound. Also, accessing these files needs some third-party apps with the ability to transfer via Wi-Fi or USB. Making these steps easy gave me the idea to develop an application which can do all the functions together easily with a user-friendly interface.

Anthony: What was the hardest part about making iMedia?
    Kaveh: HTTP server for file transferring and sound FFT plot while recording were the hardest parts.

Anthony: Is iMedia fully compatible with iOS 5?
    Kaveh: I used xcode 4.2 with iOS 5.0 SKDs for developing this application. Since my iPhone iOS is 4.1 i have not tested it on a physical device with iOS 5 but on iPhone iOS 5 simulator everything is OK. (I am upgrading my iPhone iOS to 5.0 for further testing.)

Anthony: What exactly does iMedia do?
    Kaveh: Unified video/audio/photo recording and playback, file transferring via Wi-Fi, manage (rename/delete/search) the files. User-friendly interface. Easy access to all sections.

The Giveaway!

Kaveh Eshkofti was generous enough to offer to giveaway FIVE copies of iMedia to the wonderful Modmyi readers!

Here's how to win:

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win iMedia for iPhone!"

Winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 23. Good luck to all of you!

Sources: Kaveh Eshkofti

how do i get a cydia number??

Thanks

^
    Sign in to 'manage account in cydia.
    It's right under installable purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by kings121 View Post
    how do i get a cydia number??
    I'd like one please! Oh, have a happy early holiday!

BTW, Cydia states that I am unable to purchase and that it is not supported by my software version. I am running 5.0
    Last edited by djrbx; 11-22-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djrbx View Post
    I'd like one please! Oh, have a happy early holiday!

BTW, Cydia states that I am unable to purchase and that it is not supported by my software version. I am running 5.0
    Must be some error because I have gotten the same on compatible devices. Just give it time im sure it will be fixed.

The developer is already working on that issue and a few others. I've been in contact with him. Very responsive, this can be a very nice package, imo.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    The developer is already working on that issue and a few others. I've been in contact with him. Very responsive, this can be a very nice package, imo.
    Awesome thanks for the update bro.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Awesome thanks for the update bro.
    The developer is looking for iOS 5 testers. He's also been advised to update the GUI for retina display devices.

Thanks

Nice! Thanks and how does one go about beta testing? Mention on twitter??

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    Nice! Thanks and how does one go about beta testing? Mention on twitter??
    You can email him directly by going to his application on Cydia and contacting him from the email link.

Thanks

Fantastic thanks boss

I am one of the contest winners and have had iMedia added to my cydia count. I have tested it on my iPhone 4 iOS 5 and it doesn't appear to yet work on iOS 5 yet. I have tried taking pics, video and even voice recordings but no files appears in iMedia's app. Has anyone else tried it on ios 5 and have it working. Appears to be a great app hopefully gets updated soon.

I purchased, am on iOS 5 and waiting on updates, though I know the developer is diligently working on them.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity