+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 5.0.2 Delayed

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
When 5.0.2 released, it may be hinting at a untethered jailbreak to the public. Great, if not we still have to suck it up and wait don't we
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Tucnepo's Avatar
    Thanks

When 5.0.2 released, it may be hinting at a untethered jailbreak to the public. Great, if not we still have to suck it up and wait don't we

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Each time you change and add new things there are always possiblities of things breaking or the new stuff breaking older stuff. Can't have something work perfectly all the time. Be thankful we can get updates, compared to back in the day when something was glitched or broke you had to live with it. Biggest example was gaming industry.
    Can't have something perfect working all the time? I dunno bout you but I got a lot of sh.it around my house that works perfect all the time. My TV, fridge, stove, digital camera, camcorder, computer, I could go on and on and on.... You must have stock in Crapple or something which is why you're so naive to the actual issues. It's because Crapple does things good and then they go and do stupid crap like implementing their "counterfeit wannabe multitasking". Yeah that probably doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the majority of issues people have. Funny how most of my issues went away when I disabled multitasking.

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    For all saying "crapple" and crap like that just go get a droid. Ios5 isn't even that buggy. ANYTIME a new new major is update happens there will always be bugs, and that goes for every OS out there. Look at widows and osx with every big update there Follows a bunch of big fixes.

But seriously If you really feel that apple is crapple then go he yourself a sick *** droid that gets worse battery life and has to be rooted and a custom rom installed to even work right
    What would you know about getting something better? You drive a WRX but if you knew anything about having something better you'd be driving an STi instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    This is what happens when a company knows that millions will still buy their products no matter what problems they're plagued with.
    That's what's up right there lol
    Last edited by iKillYou; 11-22-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post
    Can't have something perfect working all the time? I dunno bout you but I got a lot of sh.it around my house that works perfect all the time. My TV, fridge, stove, digital camera, camcorder, computer, I could go on and on and on.... You must have stock in Crapple or something which is why you're so naive to the actual issues. It's because Crapple does things good and then they go and do stupid crap like implementing their "counterfeit wannabe multitasking". Yeah that probably doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the majority of issues people have. Funny how most of my issues went away when I disabled multitasking.

What would you know about getting something better? You drive a WRX but if you knew anything about having something better you'd be driving an STi instead!

Try using your fridge or stove to surf the Internet. Give them time and they will all start to break down.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    For all saying "crapple" and crap like that just go get a droid. Ios5 isn't even that buggy. ANYTIME a new new major is update happens there will always be bugs, and that goes for every OS out there. Look at widows and osx with every big update there Follows a bunch of big fixes.

But seriously If you really feel that apple is crapple then go he yourself a sick *** droid that gets worse battery life and has to be rooted and a custom rom installed to even work right
    maybe because most people are on contracts with their cRaple

you dont have to be an apple fanatic if you have one of their phones, I personally think PCs are better does that mean I have to go throw my iPhone in the bin? I like my iPhone but they are right it is always full of bugs because all they are releasing new ios' are to chase the Jbkers away

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    As before, if you are looking forward to an untethered jailbreak for your iPhone 4, we recommend that you stay on iOS 5.0. If you updated to iOS 5.0.1 already, then you might as well update to iOS 5.0.2 because either way you're going to be stuck with a tethered jailbreak for a while!
    Does this hold true for the iPhone4S too?

Thanks

The initial version of the iOS5 was a disaster, as the battery turned down to zero in merely few hours, and then came the iOS5.0.1, but I personally feel it to be quite slow and sort of unreliable, I am eagerly waiting for the iOS 5.0.2 and I expect a lot of improvement in it. I hope we can have a great iOS update this time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I had the battery issues on my 4S (even after 4.0.1) and some settings tweaks combined with a few full charge/full drain cycles really did help.
    Another issue I've been having is that email attachments in the native mail app only load 2/3 of the time. The rest of the time they download and then the attachment symbol stays there without letting me view the file.
    Anyone else having this issue?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The more you add into an OS, the more **** can go wrong.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Each time you change and add new things there are always possiblities of things breaking or the new stuff breaking older stuff. Can't have something work perfectly all the time. Be thankful we can get updates, compared to back in the day when something was glitched or broke you had to live with it. Biggest example was gaming industry.
    But what happened to Beta testing and finding the bugs and fixing the OS before release?
    Honestly this late in the game Apple should know better.
    I think my frustration and others with APPLE is, this is the 5th generation of the IOS, why is it such a problem to take the time to properly develop the IOS and then release it?

Steve Jobs was all about "Art" and "Quality" of the devices, I think lately as he was less involved Quality may now suffer and we get battery issues x2.

One thing that really really disappointed me about Steve was when the antenna on the Iphone had an issue and he announced "All phones have this issue" WOW saying that "All suffer this" is really the wrong way to think, How about if we "All jump off the bridge"?

Also "All suffer...." Is not true anyway, its a generalization.

I expect more and better from Apple

Really stop with excuses and fix it, have it work right Apple, that is what we expect and deserve from a product.
    Last edited by MYPHONEI; 11-22-2011 at 06:57 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iKillYou View Post

Did you honestly just compare computer software to a refrigerator and a stove?.......?if your refrigerator(based on a 90year old invention) has millions of lines of code then you could start to compare.

-Luke

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    Did you honestly just compare computer software to a refrigerator and a stove?.......?if your refrigerator(based on a 90year old invention) has millions of lines of code then you could start to compare.

-Luke
    LOL I agree with your observation
    But my 2 year old Laptop with Windows 7 never crashes and I restart it once a month to clear out the "cobwebs"

I read all the time how "Great Apple OSX is" so why not IOS?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MYPHONEI View Post
    But what happened to Beta testing and finding the bugs and fixing the OS before release?
    Honestly this late in the game Apple should know better.
    I think my frustration and others with APPLE is, this is the 5th generation of the IOS, why is it such a problem to take the time to properly develop the IOS and then release it?

Steve Jobs was all about "Art" and "Quality" of the devices, I think lately as he was less involved Quality may now suffer and we get battery issues x2.

One thing that really really disappointed me about Steve was when the antenna on the Iphone had an issue and he announced "All phones have this issue" WOW saying that "All suffer this" is really the wrong way to think, How about if we "All jump off the bridge"?

Also "All suffer...." Is not true anyway, its a generalization.

I expect more and better from Apple

Really stop with excuses and fix it, have it work right Apple, that is what we expect and deserve from a product.
    There will always be bugs. You should try debugging something complex as an entire OS. You could do beta testing for years and still have bugs. Add in new features and you get more bugs. Nothing is perfect not even (OMG) Apple.

Thanks

LOL I agree with your observation
    But my 2 year old Laptop with Windows 7 never crashes and I restart it once a month to clear out the "cobwebs"

I read all the time how "Great Apple OSX is" so why not IOS?
    I am a die hard PC user but all I'll say to that is windows updates :-P. I've never really had any issues with my Windows 7 boxes crashing, but I've also almost never had an iPhone crash on me either. Both have continual streams of updates to always improve their OSs.

-Luke

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    There will always be bugs. You should try debugging something complex as an entire OS. You could do beta testing for years and still have bugs. Add in new features and you get more bugs. Nothing is perfect not even (OMG) Apple.
    OK I agree but there's a big difference with Apple and others and comparing is like "Apples and Oranges"

The biggest difference is hardware

How many phones have ANdroid? Hundreds? Thousands?
    How many have the IOS? WOW very few models
    Apple has the exact hardware to test the IOS on
    Its a closed system with a set number of variables
    Apple has a huge staff and hey, plenty of willing free public testers

So arguing it would take years? I do not buy it. 6 months should be enough time to beta test and work out major bugs like battery drain.
    Come on, if its so wide spread it would have been picked up doing this kind of beta testing.

A scion and a Porsche are both Automobiles and like Android phones and Iphones are phones how they are the same ends with that.
    Last edited by MYPHONEI; 11-22-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I would tend to agree with you except for the fact that I am sure a lot of these people experiencing issues were on iOS 4.x.x on their iPhone 4. They have a baseline to compare to. I'm not having issues, but of Apple themselves have admitted its a problem it's a pretty safe bet that it isn't just user error.
    True. Since I was running iOS 5 since beta 1. Compared to that, the GM release is just peachy!
    I don't believe it is user error, it IS a problem. However, with a little tweaking you can make it less of one.
    Last edited by Donnutt; 11-22-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Thanks

Side note, has anyone heard if 5.0.2 is supposed to fix the static issues that have been plaguing 4s users, myself included?

-Luke

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

This IS THE THIRD TIME I'LL ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    As before, if you are looking forward to an untethered jailbreak for your iPhone 4, we recommend that you stay on iOS 5.0. If you updated to iOS 5.0.1 already, then you might as well update to iOS 5.0.2 because either way you're going to be stuck with a tethered jailbreak for a while!
    IS THIS TRUE for the iPhone4S too? Cause I'm still on iOS5 and curious if I can go to 5.0.1/5.0.2 and still be good for the unthered
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 11-22-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,750 Times in 6,860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    This IS THE THIRD TIME I'LL ASK

IS THIS TRUE for the iPhone4S too? Cause I'm still on iOS5 and curious if I can go to 5.0.1/5.0.2 and still be good for the unthered
    Do not go to 5.0.1/2 on your iPhone 4S. If you do there is a good chance you won't be able to jailbreak at all when the jailbreak comes out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lkailburn View Post
    Side note, has anyone heard if 5.0.2 is supposed to fix the static issues that have been plaguing 4s users, myself included?

-Luke
    Not sure if we know yet, since the bug issues are being addressed right now this may be one of them, Updates like this while being worked on developed, rarely get into the hands of anyone that posts

Thanks

Not sure if we know yet, since the bug issues are being addressed right now this may be one of them, Updates like this while being worked on developed, rarely get into the hands of anyone that posts
    lets cross our fingers. I used to only have the problem maybe 30-40 percent of the time. Lately it seems like i have that soft crackling/static on 90% of my calls.

-Luke