Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Want to Keep Yourself From Inadvertently Opening Apps From Links?

Default [Giveaway] Want to Keep Yourself From Inadvertently Opening Apps From Links?

With this tweak, you will get a notification before iOS switches the app on you.

Sometimes when you're in an application, there are links that will open other applications and put what you were doing on the background. I have personally found this frustrating. Some examples include the image above, where you want to view a Web Page, but it opens the application instead, or when you go into Words With Friends to sign in with Facebook and it opens the Facebook app on you. It happens all the time in iOS. You tap on something and another application opens. It can be annoying. Thanks to Will Strafach, you can now get prompted when iOS tries to open an application on you so that you can choose to accept or decline the action. The tweak is called LinkSafe. In case you were wondering, LinkSafe can also provide some security to you in case iOS tries to open an application on you. With the growing population of Android malware, it's only a matter of time before iOS gets hit. With this tweak, you can guard yourself from other applications opening without your permission. There are no settings to configure, just install and you can start using it as it is integrated so well into iOS. And, yes. It works with iOS 5.

Name: LinkSafe
    Price: 99
    Developer: Will Strafach
    Repo: BigBoss
    Editor's Rating:  5/5

I talked to Will Strafach via email about the tweak:

Anthony: What gave you the idea to make LinkSafe?
    Will: I was tired of accidentally clicking links that redirected me to other apps without a proper warning, because sometimes this would happen without any expectation (such as an app with a button that redirected me to their "help" page in Safari instead of just using an inline browser like they should be doing).

Anthony: What was the hardest part about making LinkSafe?
    Will: Probably just thinking of how to do it in the most stable and problem-free way.

Anthony: Is LinkSafe fully compatible with iOS 5?
    Will: This tweak should both work fine, but they are marked as incompatible for now, getting ahold of BigBoss though to sort that out.

Anthony: What other things have you made that are in Cydia?
    Will: I've made and helped with various small things, some that still work and some that don't. The most well known one would be Home Page in Safari (or perhaps more well known was the PDF Loading Warner I threw together last summer to at least help with the security of devices vulnerable to comex's PDF exploit).

The Giveaway!

Will was generous enough to give away TEN copies of LinkSafe!

Here's how to win:

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win LinkSafe for iPhone!"

Winners will be announced on Tuesday, November 22. Good luck to all of you!

Sources: Will Strafach

I love this App. I believe there was an article about this about month or two back, but now there is a GIVEAWAY!

this is a great tweak