Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android Malware Increases 472% Since July, iOS Nearly Untouched

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    If that's true, why have Mac viruses picked up? It's because they go after the crowd without the anti-virus software, and a huge amount of windows users have some sort of firewall. Apples ecosystem IS an antivirus thing by itself. Android has very little in terms of security.
    What Mac viruses? There are some Trojans out there for Mac but no viruses that I'm aware of.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaswanthkoppu View Post
    hey apple is closed ..it has lot of restrictions ..when you do not jailbreak your device and stay with apple environment then there is no chance of affecting to malware...
    Except for the ones coming from Apple... i.e. iOS 5.0 the battery killer and lets not forget how bad Lion is, I refuse to "upgrade" office computers to Lion.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    Actually if iOS had 0 malware and it went up to 5, percentage wise it would be an infinite increase. Think about it...
    Sorry my bad, should have used 1 melware to 5 instead... I was not thinking clearly.
    Last edited by unison999; 11-21-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    What Mac viruses? There are some Trojans out there for Mac but no viruses that I'm aware of.
    A Trojan, to the laymen, is synonymous to virus. Sort of like the 4G debate. Is the battle really worth fighting when it's one of pure semantics?

Quote Originally Posted by *T* View Post
    Apples ecosystem IS an antivirus thing by itself. Android has very little in terms of security.
    Please explain your reasoning.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Another reason why every device I have is "i"

iOS = Safer shut up

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duromega View Post
    iOS = Safer shut up
    I think you're right, but you must add "... Because the average joe is an idiot that doesn't know how to distinguish safe applications from unsafe ones. "
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Mlitz69 View Post
    iOS wins again
    Again, fanboyism at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeZeRO View Post
    Again, fanboyism at its finest.
    No, not fanboyism. This is a fact, IOS is safer, right now than android is. Fanboyism would be saying your android is safer when it obviously isn't. I have nothing at all against android, but because of Apple's paranoia about apps, the IOS world is safer.

Life is about trade offs. If you want more freedom expect more risks, the more freedom you give up the safer you will be.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Donnutt View Post
    People always blame lack of market share for lack of viruses. However, OSX and iOS have seen a huge boost in market share and they are STILL largely untouched by viruses and malware. (i.e. a terrible virus comes out for OSX that you have to manually install) When will people get that it's not popularity as much as open sources fault?
    Uh not True

Apple Mac users facing increased threat from viruses and malware | Metro.co.uk

Mac malware alert: Apple devices 'easier to infect than Windows'?

An AppleCare support rep talks: Mac malware is "getting worse" | ZDNet

Three such articles from 2011 ( many more) , Yes Virginia there are MAC Viruses

My wife had an Android captivate for a Year...........0 Viruses
    I have 6 windows 7 PC's in the family....................0 Viruses

Why? Because its more hype then real, and the ones getting the malware
    are Downloading crap off the internet
    Going to sites that they are warned not to but do anyway
    Open Spam messages that have the worms in them

Guess my family is well educated about such things

Quote Originally Posted by NSXrebel View Post
    A lot of Apple news sites are one sided fan sites thats why you have not heard or read
    Last edited by MYPHONEI; 11-22-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12