Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Want to Unlock Your Device Similarly to Android?

Default [Giveaway] Want to Unlock Your Device Similarly to Android?

You can show your Android friends that your iDevice can do that too!

Thanks to our wonderful staff writer, Joshua Tucker, Modmyi has a nice review on AndroidLock XT. It's a jailbreak tweak by Zmaster and it lets you emulate the Android lock screen experience on your iPhone or iPod touch. AndroidLock XT has a ton of customization options to configure including behavior, themes, and patterns. You can literally use these patterns to unlock your iDevice instead of using Apple's slide to unlock feature. Since Joshua did such a nice job reviewing it already, let's skip over to the fun part!

The Giveaway!

Zmaster was generous enough to give away TEN copies of AndroidLock XT.

Here's how to win:

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win AndroidLock XT for iPhone!"

Winners will be announced on Monday, November 21. Good luck to all of you!

Sources: Zmaster

Nope, thanks!

Thanks

All these great tweaks I want! But waiting for untethered jailbreak. Hurry please.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't there a free one out there that looks EXACTLY like the actual android unlock? I know I had it on iOS 4.x.x
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Isn't there a free one out there that looks EXACTLY like the actual android unlock? I know I had it on iOS 4.x.x
    Maybe, but you won't get the quality that you'll get from this one. I've tried a few and this one has the best UI. The picture in this thread is the Android IceCream Sandwich theme. But there are more themes if you're not satisfied with the look of the picture in this thread.

Can you make my iPhone laggy and slow and get crappy battery life also?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Afraid not, lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Sure you can. Install winterboard with a bunch of poorly done themes, livewallpapers, etc.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Sure you can. Install winterboard with a bunch of poorly done themes, livewallpapers, etc.
    Agreed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Done!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I just bought this last night. Totally worth it! And I'm on the untethered iOS 5.0 jailbreak because all the tweaks are SOOO worth it.

Default untethered
    Quote Originally Posted by elitejelly View Post
    All these great tweaks I want! But waiting for untethered jailbreak. Hurry please.
    Same here, waiting for full Jailbreak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Maybe, but you won't get the quality that you'll get from this one. I've tried a few and this one has the best UI. The picture in this thread is the Android IceCream Sandwich theme. But there are more themes if you're not satisfied with the look of the picture in this thread.
    Not trying to argue but if you haven't even used the others how can you possibly say that they are of a lower quality? Brenda while since I used it and don't have a J b since I'm on a 4S but I certainly didn't find it lacking in any way. Not going to claim it better or worse as I haven't used anything else.

Not trying to argue but if you haven't even used the others how can you possibly say that they are of a lower quality? Brenda while since I used it and don't have a J b since I'm on a 4S but I certainly didn't find it lacking in any way. Not going to claim it better or worse as I haven't used anything else.
    Sorry but didn't I just say "I've tried a few"? .....

Thanks

Sorry but didn't I just say "I've tried a few"? .....
    You did, but then you also said "maybe" in response to my statement. Just saying, no sense in dealing with absolutes. Unless you;ve tried them all you don't know "you won't get the quality that you'll get from this one". My point is, I've used one prior that works exactly like a stock android lockscreen. How can it be MORE authentic and higher quality?

You did, but then you also said "maybe" in response to my statement. Just saying, no sense in dealing with absolutes. Unless you;ve tried them all you don't know "you won't get the quality that you'll get from this one". My point is, I've used one prior that works exactly like a stock android lockscreen. How can it be MORE authentic and higher quality?
    Simply by being better. I'm not going to take the time to review a second rate tweak.

EDIT: Reasons:
    Fluency
    Looks
    Compatibility
    Options

Just to name a few.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-21-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Simply by being better. I'm not going to take the time to review a second rate tweak.

EDIT: Reasons:
    Fluency
    Looks
    Compatibility
    Options

Just to name a few.
    Translation:

I'm a biased schlep and don't feel I owe it to the ModMyI community to do any real research into the topics that I "report" on. I'll instead just write off all others as inferior.

EDIT: I realize my short answer made me look like a total tool, so I'll just throw these "reasons" out there even though the relevancy of some of these "reasons" is rather questionable.

Fluency
    Looks
    Compatibility
    Options

I didn't just pull these out of my áss, I swear. You can rest assured that I have many more irrelevant "reasons".

I don't understand why you go out of your way to harm your own credibility. Is it really so hard to be unbiased when doing product reviews? You're sure as hell not winning brownie points by bashing other products while refusing to give any legitimate basis for your negative statements.

Seriously, you really should just refrain from commenting at all.
    Last edited by Rokesomesmeefer; 11-24-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    Translation:
    Research it yourself. Now you see why I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone on these forums anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast