Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Galaxy Nexus Benchmarks Put Up Against Apple's iPhone 4S

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Clearly, because of HP touchpad with a faster clock speed was NOT faster than the Apple iPad with a lower clock speed.

Clock speed means nothing. Processor architecture and operations per clock matter. I'd like to see a 2.8Ghz Pentium D processor versus a 2.0Ghz i7 processor. That will prove that clock speed means nothing.

Pay more attention to those benchmarks. Albeit arbitrary as Orby stated, they provide good insight to the speeds. Any faster processor will register faster with benchmarks. Common sense; the iPhone 4S had higher benchmarks in processing than the Nexus, albeit slower web browsing.

Just pointing out the obviously faster A5 processor.

(Not to come off harsh to any of you; it WAS 3AM when I posted that opinion).

I need a coffee.
    What a bunch of bullcrap. So where's your proof that the 4s has a faster CPU than the Nexus as you claimed? This has got to be one of the dumbest post I have ever seen in any tech forum You just said that clock speeds mean nothing and then in the same breath claim that the iphone 4s has a faster cpu without a shred of evidence. LMAO what a joker.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    What a bunch of bullcrap. So where's your proof that the 4s has a faster CPU than the Nexus as you claimed? This has got to be one of the dumbest post I have ever seen in any tech forum You just said that clock speeds mean nothing and then in the same breath claim that the iphone 4s has a faster cpu without a shred of evidence. LMAO what a joker.
    It's right there in the OP's first post. What more proof do you need?

this DOES make sense if anyone knows anything about cpu's

but to put my 2 cents to this argument:

how about they both have an 8mb back cam but yet the iphone sensors wipes the floor of the android,,, (any of them)
    how about all that power the android has eats at ur battery (stock)
    how about the app store its more versatility than marketplace, its the price android users pay with having and OPEN market

my job gave me an android evo 4g for work... after 3 weeks they told us we needed to install virus scaners and malware scaners,,,,, riiiiiight

do u guys remember that when the ipad first came out the jokes ya made? how its was a HUGE iphone? havign that big ol thing ur ear? well this android its making it a reality for u guys,,, 4.6 inc? thats what just about 50% less than the ipad

heck its only 3 inches smaller than the android pads out there (some) talk about talking thru a vcr,,lol
    oh and lets us not forget, that who ever buys this phone (android) thinking they gonna have the newest coolest thing,, will only have that feeling for what? 1-3 months? before 10 more androids phones come out

Then of course comes the user experience having played a lil with this new phone and other androids and win7 phones and owning every iphone, i can say in MY OPINION that nothing out there can touch an iphone yet!

benchmarks doesnt mean much in this age and era, ya should know this,, after all there its is data out there to say that there is more androids then iphones been sold, but yet iphones are the highest selling phone ever world wide

heck when was the last time u saw none stop news on tv btw by major news cast talking about the NEW iphone that just came out every year? how many androids? riiiiight heck tv shows use iphones, most wesites that have an app its for apple

u figure that since the android (using data) outsells the iphone this companies would market they stuff primarily to androids right?...riiiiiight

all im saying guys, is the iphone its an OVERALL better phone than anything out there, u may not agree but the consumer monies speaks louder than ANY data, the appstore ammount of apps reflects this as well.

Further more, if u have an iphone 3gs or 4 and dont upgrade thats ok too, but what does that say to androids fan? this people rather have a 1 or 2 cycle IPHONE than a brand new shiny android, oh android fans go grab ur self an iphone 4s,,wait,, u cant they been sold as soon as they get them (every store) u meant to say this glorifie gameboy after a month of been out still selling out? i wonder why?,, oh i know what an adroid fan will say,,, cause we all sheeps right? riiiiiiight

btw FACTS when the iphone went to ATT they posted the most phone sales record of that companie
    when verizon got it,, same results
    when sprint got it ,, i let u guess on that one.
    oh and those last 2 companies always (as well) used to say androids was better and that the iphone was ( a toy)
    all 3 of them sell androids but yet, iphone still outselling them,, wonders

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mori View Post
    how about they both have an 8mb back cam but yet the iphone sensors wipes the floor of the android,,, (any of them)
    how about all that power the android has eats at ur battery (stock)
    Camera sensor I will give you, hands down. I haven't played with many cameras on the current generation's competitor android devices, so I can't say for sure, but the 4S does take solid video. Regarding the battery, last I checked, people were pretty peeved about their 4S battery life, especially. All Android devices I use, rooted or not, had comparable battery life with the "equivalent" iPhone. I suspect the same people complaining about battery on an Android would complain about battery on the iPhone as well. I've learned to have a power cable with me regardless of what device I am using. If I have 30 minutes to charge the thing, you can bet it's on the charger. This goes for android, iPhone, and likely windows phone 7, though I have never used such a device.

do u guys remember that when the ipad first came out the jokes ya made? how its was a HUGE iphone? havign that big ol thing ur ear? well this android its making it a reality for u guys,,, 4.6 inc? thats what just about 50% less than the ipad
    This is far less than half the size of an iPad...

all im saying guys, is the iphone its an OVERALL better phone than anything out there, u may not agree but the consumer monies speaks louder than ANY data, the appstore ammount of apps reflects this as well.
    Interesting concept. I could say the same regarding Windows versus OSX then, but I am sure most of the people in this forum would quickly disagree with that statement.

oh and lets us not forget, that who ever buys this phone (android) thinking they gonna have the newest coolest thing,, will only have that feeling for what? 1-3 months? before 10 more androids phones come out
    To each his own, but the fact that you have the newest Apple product because Apple only releases one device every year (or so) isn't a strong point. Androids are bad because there are constantly manufacturers releasing updated models? REALLY?

Further more, if u have an iphone 3gs or 4 and dont upgrade thats ok too, but what does that say to androids fan? this people rather have a 1 or 2 cycle IPHONE than a brand new shiny android, oh android fans go grab ur self an iphone 4s,,wait,, u cant they been sold as soon as they get them (every store) u meant to say this glorifie gameboy after a month of been out still selling out? i wonder why?,, oh i know what an adroid fan will say,,, cause we all sheeps right? riiiiiiight
    I don't even know what you are going on about here. We are talking about the Newest Nexus line of phones, right? They run vanilla android. Google provides updates (and still is providing updates) to all of their nexus devices. Apple provides updates to all of their devices too, with stripped features. The iPhone 3GS has features lacking from the 4, which has features lacking from the 4S, and I am only talking software differences, not hardware.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-20-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

It's right there in the OP's first post. What more proof do you need?
    I do not see anything about the CPU in the first post. What was benchmarked was the GPU. Now it's quite obvious that you cannot tell the difference between a CPU (Central Processing Unit) and a GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)

How the hell did someone this clueless become a MMI writer??

Last edited by NegativeBeef; 11-20-2011 at 02:57 PM.

I do not see anything about the CPU in the first post. What was benchmarked was the GPU. Now it's quite obvious that you cannot tell the difference between a CPU (Central Processing Unit) and a GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)

How the hell did someone this stupid become a MMI writer?

Lol. To tell me I don't know what a CPU and GPU is when I write about them all the time.

Nice one! HAHA

By the way, go try gaming without CPU and just a GPU. Let me know what level you get to!
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-20-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Yes, however you are missing one key factor. You have to allow things to be installed on your Android phone from untrusted third parties to get this malware. The way people are getting malware on their Android devices is by downloading "warez" or other untrusted nonesense. There is literally a check box that must be checked to allow software outside of what is available on the Android Market (read: the safe stuff) to be able to do this. The fact that there are too many uneducated people installing every game cheat, cracked application, etc. under the sun is no fault of the OS, rather the OS writers. The difference here is that Apple plain and simple doesn't officially allow any third party apps outside of their store to be installed. For those that are ok with that, or simply don't have the knowledge to steer clear of danger, that's fantastic.
    Yes but Apple check all new Apps that get on the App store. Android doesn't check what get on their OS or store. The App say it does one thing but does something else which you don't see. Apple reject 3 of 10 apps that doesn't do what it should. For that reason I am with a iPhone. I know some of my friends which were hack and change to a iPhone. Hackers are now going after cell phones. That wouldn't change.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone333 View Post
    Yes but Apple check all new Apps that get on the App store. Android doesn't check what get on their OS or store. The App say it does one thing but does something else which you don't see. Apple reject 3 of 10 apps that doesn't do what it should. For that reason I am with a iPhone. I know some of my friends which were hack and change to a iPhone. Hackers are now going after cell phones. That wouldn't change.
    This is simply not true. What app has been shown, that was purchased on the Android store, to say it is doing one thing but is, in fact, doing another?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    This is simply not true. What app has been shown, that was purchased on the Android store, to say it is doing one thing but is, in fact, doing another?
    Speaking of "rogue apps" weren't there a few apps that were pulled from the app store for stealing user's information? Or what about that app that had a hidden tethering feature? I don't know about android's market but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a few apps like that too.

Thanks

Speaking of "rogue apps" weren't there a few apps that were pulled from the app store for stealing user's information? Or what about that app that had a hidden tethering feature? I don't know about android's market but I wouldn't be surprised if they had a few apps like that too.
    That's the thing. To get an app into the official marketplace it is known what information the app looks for (this isn't simply some paperwork the writer of the app fills out). The information stealing thing was blown out of proportion. Apps were sending and receiving user data such that the user may be targeted with more specific ads. A lot of apps have now been updated to allow you to select whether you allow this data to be sent since so many people got all hot and bothered feeling their privacy was violated. For people with a modicum of common sense, Android is no more a security threat than for those on iOS. Some people just seem to need their hand held and told where not to go and what not to do (and Apple does that for you very well).
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-20-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

what if you don't live near an apple store?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    what if you don't live near an apple store?
    Then that obviously isn't a perk for you. They will cover shipping to and from your place to fix your product though.

PS. Are we clones? It looks like we have the same tech setup (re: desktop, phones, tablet) LOL!

So is it saying that the Nexus is simply poorly optimised, or that in terms of graphics performance it lags well behind?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runey71 View Post
    Clockspeed on any device, not just smart phones, is completely irrelevant. It's not like the good old days when clock speed actually meant something.
    Clockspeed is very important - it's just very difficult to compare across all the different architectures these days... Especially with throttling/turbo added to the mix.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Actually PCWorld did camera tests with a few different phones and the GSII got a slightly higher score than the 4S in stills and wiped the floor with the 4S in video. You're a prime example of someone who buys into Apple's marketing without doing any research whatsoever. The 4S has a very good camera, but it's not miles ahead of any phone. It's actually behind a few.

Smartphone Camera Battle: iPhone 4S vs. the Android Elite | PCWorld

how about the app store its more versatility than marketplace, its the price android users pay with having and OPEN market
    Lolwut?

my job gave me an android evo 4g for work... after 3 weeks they told us we needed to install virus scaners and malware scaners,,,,, riiiiiight
    Yeah that's probably to keep your phone safe from tech illiterate people that install anything on their phone without thinking. If you're not completely retarded, the chances of installing malicious apps on your phone is pretty low. Besides, Windows users have been using antiviruses for years and you don't hear anybody making fun of that.

I really don't want to be mean but I have to ask, what was the highest level of math you completed? Or maybe your brain only processes in one dimension. Yes, the Galaxy Nexus's screen diagonally is almost half of the iPad's screen diagonally, but it's more than 4 times smaller than the iPad's screen. I'm not in the mood to look up exact dimensions right now so I'll leave it at that.

Except this is the only Nexus phone that will be out until the end of next year.

Then of course comes the user experience having played a lil with this new phone and other androids and win7 phones and owning every iphone, i can say in MY OPINION that nothing out there can touch an iphone yet!
    At least you can acknowledge yours is an opinion. It's annoying when people say which device is better like it's fact.

heck tv shows use iphones
    You're not really paying much attention because they use Android phones as well.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohthatguyagain View Post
    Clockspeed is very important - it's just very difficult to compare across all the different architectures these days... Especially with throttling/turbo added to the mix.
    I meant that comparing clock speeds of different architectures irrelevant. When taken in context with the rest of what I said I believe it makes sense. Sorry of it didn't. Certainly I didn't mean for you to think that clock speeds are arbitrary numbers invented to be able to slap some numbers onto the box to make it look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by danben7 View Post
    So is it saying that the Nexus is simply poorly optimised, or that in terms of graphics performance it lags well behind?
    Perhaps it's poorly optimized, perhaps the benchmark itself is poorly optimized,perhaps a handful of other things. The only thing I can say for sure is that this benchmark is largely useless in terms of real world use and performance comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by Channan View Post
    Actually PCWorld did camera tests with a few different phones and the GSII got a slightly higher score than the 4S in stills and wiped the floor with the 4S in video. You're a prime example of someone who buys into Apple's marketing without doing any research whatsoever. The 4S has a very good camera, but it's not miles ahead of any phone. It's actually behind a few.
    tests or not, in my own personal comparisons I wouldn't say the gs2 had a better camera at all.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-21-2011 at 02:22 AM.

Lol. To tell me I don't know what a CPU and GPU is when I write about them all the time.

Nice one! HAHA

By the way, go try gaming without CPU and just a GPU. Let me know what level you get to!
    Just because you write about them doesn't mean you know what you are talking about...

This will be the phone that makes me switch back to android. Bye-bye apple.

Are you guys serious? These are phones, you can buy them in the marketplace. They don't define who you are. Who cares which is "better," better than what? For who? It's relative.My RAZR was certainly better (for what I used it for) than my iPhone 3. The 3GS improved things, and the 4 did more. But I still miss some of the common-sense things my RAZR had, like shortcut buttons (assignable) on the side.But I sold my RAZR and have been using iPhones, because I like them. If I decide I don't like them, I'll get something else. The phone is not a stand-in for a personal body part, it does not make me better or smarter than you. It's a phone. My computer is my computer. My camera is my camera. My car is my car. I purchased them because of numerous factors (cost, availability, performance, resale value, ease of use, etc.). Are my Nikons better than your Canons? I LIKE them more. But the photos will be approximately the same if I use either. My Mac works for me (I don't play games with it, so maybe your PC is better for you and your needs). Cars? Faster vs. milage vs. dependability vs. "sexiness." Is mine better than yours? It just suits my needs better, but what, actually, is "better?" That is in the eye of the beholder/user/consumer. Well, my phone is just a phone. I call with it, I text with it, I go on the web with it a bit, my kid plays some games on it. I'm sure it will be approximately the same if I use another type of phone. A comparable user experience. Now, of course, "my gal is red-hot, your gal ain't doodle squat." Sorry, couldn't resist. So, how about an end to the name calling and the sureness of your opinions and we just talk about WHY we like our purchased products? That could be a fun discussion and no one gets their panties in a bunch over someone else's choices.
    Last edited by mr117; 11-21-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr117 View Post
    Are you guys serious?
    No. We were all just kidding. Got you to write a nice long paragraph. Jokes on you!
    (and if it wasn't obvious, I am kidding about that too). As I have said before, people spend a lot of money on these products. Some find it necessary to justify their purchases to themselves and the rest of the world.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast