Quote Originally Posted by mamalekimsn View Post
I'm Luc... I register me alway's with the name of my dearest deceased woman... That for security reasons... http (s) You know... Sorry 'Modmyi'...
I accidentally ended up searching for info on this site... I'm not so good in English but Modmyi give to now the best info... I buy yesterday from Cydia the TetherMe... I install it and ... Yes afther much problems... You know how to set up etc... It works... I'm so happy... This give much freedom... Specialy for those that have not much money free.

Note: Here on this site... that was where I look for... can I change the passwd... yes... So that is be don.

2: To now I set everything on ON... But it is not clear to me... 3 options under passwd... wifi-bluetoth and USB.

There is no possibility to choose... I think it goes automaticly... WELL... I connect to my own pc... It is connected with a B-BOX 2 router from carrier Belgacom... Belgium. And YES... As I see her on the site... (personal hotspot: 1 Connetion) ... What now... Is my pc now connected with the 3G from the iPhone? Or is the iPhone connected with the USB recognized from the pc? Bit confusing!

3: What now... Can I continuous use the 3G without problem that the iphone carrier going to see that I use (steal) his 3G network?

Before... I paid for 25MB... an rate 3 euro... not so expensive but 25MB? That was not enough to use the map on the route, listen music etc... Therefore... again... this Cydia app from Sauric is great... great-great -great!!!

4: The differences... So now I use TetherMe... I see other... MyWi, PDANet as the most important... They are more expensive... expensive is not the topic, if they are better... I buy them... The question: are they better than TetherMe?

My using case: I use maps on the route, Bike etc... I search for info on Internet, plat music and film... not game... IS TETHERME ENOUGH?

Again... can I use this personal hotspot 24 houre on 24 houre without have problems with the carrier... the provider?

5: Last Question

MMS... using mms... I tried it... But they don't wanna sent... Maybe are the photo from iphone to big? Sorry ... I try it with the provider settings... To now I don't use it with the TetherMe settings... Is late now... 04 houre in the morning and tired... That is something for to morrow... I'm curious... Maybe it is free of charges?

So that's is my contribution...

Luc

As far as your 3G hotspot and Carrier goes, here in the US they want you to pay for a tethering plan. But I have gotten away with using PDAnet using the "Hide Tether" option after getting numerous txt messages and emails from AT&T threatening me that they were going to switch me from a CAPPED 3GB plan for tethering my iPhone to a 5 GB Tethering plan. Which is complete BS because i was only using 2.5 GB of my 3GB plan. So ya i guess it depends on your carrier.