Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Want to, "Move" Your Lock Screen Out of Your Way?

Hybrid View

Default [Giveaway] Want to, "Move" Your Lock Screen Out of Your Way?

With this jailbreak tweak, you no longer have to slide to unlock. You can just move the lock screen out of your way.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if you didn't have to focus your finger on a little slide to unlock bar? What if you could just move the lock screen out of your way by dragging it off of the screen? With this tweak, dubbed Move2Unlock by Keith Scheiw, you can do just that. Just grab your lock screen and drag it off of your screen to unlock the device. This tweak was originally created by Mario Preis, but Keith is the new maintainer of the tweak. It's actually really cool. Albeit Move2Unlock brings you a new way to unlock your iDevice, it makes it unnecessary to have the slide to unlock bar on your lock screen. If you are like me and don't want to have the slide to unlock option when using this tweak, you'll be happy to hear that there are some configuration settings in Move2Unlock so that you can use it to your liking. It also works completely with iOS 5. The settings are in the picture below:

You can enable and disable this tweak to your liking. So whether to show off to a friend, or to truly use it to unlock your iDevice on a daily basis, Move2Unlock offers a really fun functionality for your iDevice. In the settings window, you can hide the slide to unlock bar, hide the lock screen clock, and choose to show the time in the status bar instead of having the little lock icon. This way, if you hide the lock screen clock, you will still be able to see the time in the status bar.

You can configure the way that you unlock the screen too. You can set it to the default, where you move the lock screen out of your way, there are also more settings. The other settings include, moving just the translucent overlay (where the clock is), pinching the lock screen, peeling the lock screen (unlock by a peeling motion like you were removing a sticker), pull badge (which puts a tab on the lock screen for you to pull open), rotate the lockscreen (where to use two fingers to rotate it to unlock it), and vault (where you use two fingers to rotate a safe handle).

The other options in the settings include the direction, where you can set a specific direction that you have to move the lock screen in, in order to unlock the device. There's also a way to set an unlock animation such as fade away instead of just disappearing. You can try out all of these settings on your own and see how they suit you. There is a myriad of options and this tweak is super awesome!

Name: Move2Unlock
    Price: 99
    Version: 1.7
    Repo: Modmyi
    Developer: Keith Scheiw
    Editor's Rating: / 4.5/5

I emailed the developer, Keith Scheiw, to learn more about him and about this tweak:

Anthony: In about a paragraph, can you tell us a little about yourself? You can include educational goals, how you became a developer, your personal life, or anything you want to throw in there.
    Keith: Well I'd like to start off by saying that I really owe the original developer, Mario Preis, for the opportunity to work on this awesome tweak. He really deserves the credit for the tweak, I'm just trying to make his already perfect tweak even better. But anyway about me: I'm currently working on getting my degree in Computer Science from the University of Illinois. I've always been really interested in all of the hard work that goes on behind the software we use everyday. After getting my first iDevice, I knew that I needed to learn how to create my own software for these awesome devices. I started off in App Development, but I realized that it is much more satisfying changing parts of iOS instead. For instance, everybody uses the iPhone lock screen, but not everybody plays games on it. And when you add some of the features that Apple seems to forget, people really seem to fall in love with their iDevices all over again. So I spent many long hours on StackOverflow, IRC, and anywhere I could learn the tricks of the trade. After getting a grasp on creating MobileSubstrate tweaks, I was granted the opportunity to work on Move2Unlock by Mario Preis who was unfortunately no longer able to support it.

Anthony: What do you think makes Move2Unlock special?
    Keith: I think the thing that really sets this tweak apart is that it takes a part of iOS that everyone uses, and makes a much more interesting experience. When someone picks up your phone, the first thing they're going to see is your lock screen, so you really want it to reflect the personality of the rest of your phone.

Anthony: Is it compatible with iOS 5?
    Keith: As of version 1.7, the tweak is fully compatible with iOS 5.

Anthony: Are there any settings to configure?
    Keith: Yes, the tweak offers a large amount of customization. You can change everything from the unlock type to hiding the lock screen clock to choosing custom colors. Almost any part of the tweak can be edited to your liking, and I am always open to adding more!

Anthony: What are your top 5 favorite Cydia packages that you're not responsible for?
    Keith: In no particular order: SBSettings, iFile, CardSwitcher, BigBoss Recommended Hack Tools (for on device compiling), and Activator are just some of my favorites.

The Giveaway!

Keith was generous enough to give away FIFTEEN copies of Move2Unlock.

Here's how to win:

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win Move2Unlock for iPhone!"

To increase your odds of winning, leave a comment below on how Move2Unlock could be improved with your Twitter Handle included in the comment.

Winners will be announced on Sunday, November 20.
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 11-19-2011 at 09:51 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Nice copy of the touchwiz lockscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    I just searched for it and didn't find anything?

Thanks

How ironic a copy of the lock screen from a GUI that copied a lot from iOS.

At least the copy isn't by Apple but 3rd party developers, can't say the same for Samsung...

P.S. More and more troll comments on here lately.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Very true, this is a copy of lockscreen of the galaxy s2.

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post

At least the copy isn't by Apple but 3rd party developers, can't say the same for Samsung...

Just a heads up, it's not trolling he's just pointing out the fact that it is a copy of a touchwiz UI feature.
    Last edited by iPhoenix3g; 11-20-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post

The iPhone GUI is a series of icons. We've had that same basic concept on computers since what, the late 80s? give me a break... He pointed out it was a copy of a touchwiz lockscreen. How is that trolling? Because he isn't farting puppy dog smiles and rainbow kisses?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

It sounds nice can't wait for a Jailbreak then to try it

Is homescreen visible before unlocking? It won't unlock until drag distance is achieved, but home screen could be seen at the moment, right? Add an option to hide it? https://twitter.com/#!/Commandor

Bought it months ago. Best unlock tweak I ever had!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I used to love this before I bought androidlockxt.. :]

Thanks

Don't see what else to improve on.. Maybe add more options to unlock.

https://twitter.com/mmaboi21/status/138122616052518912

Maybe you could replace the lock slider with music controls? That may be asking for much but it seems like it would be a better use of the space that the lock slider once occupied. https://twitter.com/#!/WhonderWy (@WhonderWy)
    https://twitter.com/#!/WhonderWy/sta...29607458177024
    Last edited by WhonderWy; 11-19-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Include direct link to tweet

I think the ability to slide the screen into a certain direction to reply to a notification of some sort would be nice. Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/SAZepeda

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Maybe the thought of a fade animation while moving the screen away might be good!

Quote Originally Posted by mervynokm View Post
    Maybe the thought of a fade animation while moving the screen away might be good!
    There is

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    There is
    Oh I never knew!

@dave01568 tweeted entry https://twitter.com/dave01568/status/138278880447442944

Great contest, great forum, great app!

I LOVE this app.. been using it for a while now and life sucked a little more before they did the iOS 5 upgrade lol. One of the things I didn't see touched on in the article is the idea of using it as sort of a trick LS.. I'm using the 2 finger rotate unlock w/ no slider.. not the easiest thing for someone to figure out when dickin around with your phone!For someone like me that's used iOS since 1.1.2 and is REALLY tired of all the standard iOS UI.. move2unlock is a dream come true.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah, wasn't blatantly trolling, it was just an observation. Would have said more, but I was on my phone last night and didn't feel like elaborating on what Touchwiz was.

I personally haven't been a fan of Touchwiz, but I do find it amusing that Apple is suing Samsung in several markets because of copyright infringement and we now see this lockscreen.

All of that being said, I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't seen a Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich lockscreen on iOS yet. I haven't looked that deeply, nor do I have a device that can be jailbroken yet, so I haven't searched very hard. I am absolutely in love with those lockscreens though. I was using a modded lockscreen on my SGS2 when I had it, and it made the device quicker to unlock, considering the 4.5" size, and my admittedly small-ish hands.

Yeah, wasn't blatantly trolling, it was just an observation. Would have said more, but I was on my phone last night and didn't feel like elaborating on what Touchwiz was.

I personally haven't been a fan of Touchwiz, but I do find it amusing that Apple is suing Samsung in several markets because of copyright infringement and we now see this lockscreen.

All of that being said, I'm actually quite surprised that I haven't seen a Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich lockscreen on iOS yet. I haven't looked that deeply, nor do I have a device that can be jailbroken yet, so I haven't searched very hard. I am absolutely in love with those lockscreens though. I was using a modded lockscreen on my SGS2 when I had it, and it made the device quicker to unlock, considering the 4.5" size, and my admittedly small-ish hands.
    The theme on the AndroidLock XT giveaway I just posted, is an Ice Cream Sandwich theme. Check that out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast