+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] New to Jailbreaking? This App Will Tell You What's Possible!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
If you're new to jailbreaking, you know that learning it can be both exciting and sometimes frustrating. New jailbreakers looking for ways to make their device awesome are going to
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Default [Giveaway] New to Jailbreaking? This App Will Tell You What's Possible!

If you're new to jailbreaking, you know that learning it can be both exciting and sometimes frustrating.

New jailbreakers looking for ways to make their device awesome are going to find that looking through Cydia for tweaks can be cumbersome. If you're new to the jailbreaking realm and you want to know what you can do with your newly freed device, this application called iAm Jailbroken, by Jake Schultz, will show you all of the basics through video tutorials, jailbreaking news, and visual representations of what you can do with your device and how to do it.

iAm Jailbroken features a main page that has so many links available to you that you will be knocked off of your feet by all of the information you learn about being jailbroken. If you're already a jailbreak wizard, you might find this information redundant. This application is intended for the newbies that just started and want to learn more about what's possible. The main page looks like this:

From the main page you can see that the application comes with a myriad of guides and support for new jailbreakers. It tells you a lot of things, like how to jailbreak your device with other tools (the recommended tools for different firmwares), the pros/cons of jailbreaking (so that you can learn why it's good and why it's bad), jailbreak terms (so that you understand that this is done at your own risk), installer guides and Cydia guides (to help you learn how to install packages and tweaks from Cydia), tweaks (to help explain what tweaks are and what they do), games and emulators (to help you understand that Cydia allows developers to upload games that have been rejected on the App store, and alsoto help you learn how to use emulators), music and themes (since Cydia holds all kinds of ringtones, media, and themes for your iDevice that wasn't available to you before), SSH and SBSettings (so that you can learn all about what SSH means, and how to use it as well as using SBSettings to find your IP address required to use SSH), recommended apps (so that you can see the top jailbreak apps that jailbreakers are using nowadays), iPad (so that iPad owners can see what they can do with their jailbroken iPad as well). Jake also includes links so that you can contact him with questions directly. Being that he's a jailbreak developer, he's more than likely going to be able to answer your questions. It's very nice of him to take time out of his busy day to try and help the new jailbreakers.

Aside form text guides, there are also video guides. There is a tab in the bottom of the application dubbed, "videos" which has video tutorials for doing all sorts of things with your new jailbroken iDevice:

The application also has a tab at the bottom of the application dubbed, "repo" which shows you how to add a repository to your Cydia sources. Jake also includes his own beta repo so that you can stay up to date with the latest releases of his applications and Cydia releases:

Last but not least, this application comes with its own news tab so that you can stay up to day with the latest jailbreaking news and iOS news. Of course, it doesn't go too advanced because Jake assumes that only newbies to jailbreaking will be downloading this application, but iOS 5 is probably the newest news that a jailbreak newbie needs to know right now (until the untethered jailbreak is out). So here is the news tab in the application:

I talked to Jake Schultz via iMessage to learn a little more about him and his motives with this application:

Anthony: What was the reason that you made this application?
    Jake: They teach users all of the great things you can get after jailbreaking!

Anthony: What are your top five jailbreak packages that you are not responsible for?
    Jake: WinterBoard, Auto3G, Barrel, Activator, and Multifl0w.

There are two applications. A universal version for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch. There's also a regular version for iPhone, iPod touch.

Name: iAm Jailbroken
    Price: $1.00
    Version: 6.0.2
    Developer: Jake Schultz
    Editor's Rating: / 3.5/5

Name: iAm Jailbroken Universal
    Price: $1.50
    Version: 1.0.1
    Developer: Jake Schultz
    Editor's Rating:  4/5

The Giveaway!

Jake was generous enough to give away FIVE copies of iAm Jailbroken Universal, and TEN copies of iAm Jailbroken.

Here's how to win:

First and foremost, there are two versions here and I'm not going to ask you what device you have because there are so many tweets. So include in your tweet if you have an iPad or a retina display so I can give you the right version.

Follow me @BouchardAnthony
    Follow ModMyi @modmyi
    Retweet this article with your Cydia number in the tweet; if you do not have the Cydia number in your tweet, you will be disqualified from the drawing. Within the tweet you must also mention @BouchardAnthony so that I can easily see who has entered the drawing. If you don't mention me, you will also be disqualified. The tweet must include the following text, "I entered a contest to win iAm Jailbroken!"

For some extra browning points in winning, leave a comment below on how iAm Jailbroken/Universal could be improved with your Twitter Handle included in the comment.

Winners will be announced on Sunday, November 20.

Sources: Jake Schultz

Thanks

@iph0ne27-Awesome for beginners

Thanks

Pretty sweet! Maybe when my app gets accepted, you can recommend it for newbies to find out what is awesome on Cydia. What is the app used to take the very long screen shot?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dacheezypuffs View Post
    Pretty sweet! Maybe when my app gets accepted, you can recommend it for newbies to find out what is awesome on Cydia. What is the app used to take the very long screen shot?
    I took 4 screenshots and used Photoshop to merge them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    I took 4 screenshots and used Photoshop to merge them.
    Ok, thanx
    Find me on twitter: @dacheezypuffs

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

its a cool idea but to charge for is ridiculous... just my .02

Thanks
    No twitter = no freebies for me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnp27 View Post
    No twitter = no freebies for me
    I actually made my first Twitter based on a Giveaway. I've loved using it ever since.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I used redsn0w to JB 5.0, its working a bit crap with camera and stuff not working,

what will happen if i use redsn0w on it again saying jailbreak??? will it screw my phone up or will it just re do the jailbreak?

I know its a bit of a stupid question but ive never tried to jailbreak over an already jailbroken phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c14rlf View Post
    I used redsn0w to JB 5.0, its working a bit crap with camera and stuff not working,

what will happen if i use redsn0w on it again saying jailbreak??? will it screw my phone up or will it just re do the jailbreak?

I know its a bit of a stupid question but ive never tried to jailbreak over an already jailbroken phone
    Nothing bad will happen if you rejailbreak a jailbroken device.

Thanks

Nothing bad will happen if you rejailbreak a jailbroken device.
    Maybe mention to not select Cydia during the re-jailbreak process or am I wrong?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Maybe mention to not select Cydia during the re-jailbreak process or am I wrong?
    From experience, it shouldn't matter. But if you want to uncheck it, go ahead :P

Green Apple
    Thanks

From experience, it shouldn't matter. But if you want to uncheck it, go ahead :P
    Thanx i'l give it a go