+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Giveaway] Catch Your iDevice Thief With Ease!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by AUZambo I've got the free version and it works okay. It does a good job of taking the picture, but the GPS coordinates are usually off by
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I've got the free version and it works okay. It does a good job of taking the picture, but the GPS coordinates are usually off by half a mile or so. The other day I accidentally typed my password wrong and the email I received said I was in the middle of a lake some 75 miles away!
    Are you using Wi-Fi positioning? A GPS device could have a bad signal and give you an inaccurate reading.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Bouchard For This Useful Post:

AUZambo (11-20-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    Are you using Wi-Fi positioning? A GPS device could have a bad signal and give you an inaccurate reading.
    I'm not sure. I have location services turned on...not sure how to enable or disable wi-fi positioning. I'm just using whatever the default settings are for the app.

However, after making that post I was looking through Cydia and noticed there was an update for iCaughtU. I installed it and tried it again and two times in a row it nailed my position exactly and even included the address of my house in both emails.

Perhaps there was just a bug or something causing it not to work well with my iOS version?

Thanks

I'm not sure. I have location services turned on...not sure how to enable or disable wi-fi positioning. I'm just using whatever the default settings are for the app.

However, after making that post I was looking through Cydia and noticed there was an update for iCaughtU. I installed it and tried it again and two times in a row it nailed my position exactly and even included the address of my house in both emails.

Perhaps there was just a bug or something causing it not to work well with my iOS version?
    What device are you using?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Bouchard View Post
    What device are you using?
    iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1

Thanks

iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1
    With an iPhone 4, you have GPS. So if it's putting you somewhere you're not it's because you have poor GPS reception.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123