+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: U.S. Wireless Carriers Still Overwhelmed With Demand For iPhone 4S

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Thanks

Default U.S. Wireless Carriers Still Overwhelmed With Demand For iPhone 4S

If you don’t already have an iPhone 4S, your wait will still apparently be long according to The Wall Street Journal. Anxious Verizon Wireless customers are reporting more than three weeks for their purchase to arrive. AT&T customers are waiting an average of 21 days as well, and Sprint customers have roughly a two week time period. This new report continues to prove previous claims of Apple experiencing a demand which was slower than expected for their iPhone 4S wrong. Apple stock previously went down due to these claims despite the initial success of the device.

According to the WSJ, the initial sales of the iPhone 4S were quite opposite of the rumors, calling them “unexpectedly strong” in the first month. According to AT&T president of emerging devices, Glenn Lurie, “We are having some supply issues in the sense that demand’s huge. We have had just record-breaking sales on it.” Verizon seemed to make comments similar to this, where a spokeswoman mentioned that the demand “continues to build” for the iPhone 4S. The Big Red also mentioned that it is working with Apple to increase inventory.

Apple’s own retail stores are experiencing a similar story as they are seeing daily stock-outs of their iPhone 4S. Furthermore, the Cupertino giant is in the midst of the fastest worldwide roll-out ever, with a very strong international demand as well. Apple continues to stay on its record setting pace with the iPhone 4S after selling more than 4 million iPhones in its first weekend. That specific weekend alone doubled the company’s previous record of 1.7 million iPhone 4 units in the summer of 2010.

Tim Cook previously mentioned in the company’s quarterly earnings conference call in October how he was confident that a new record for the iPhone 4S will be set in the current holiday quarter. Currently the previous record came in the company’s June quarter of this year, when Apple moved a total of 20.34 million iPhones.

With the holiday season around the corner, will you be getting an iPhone 4S for yourself or someone you know? Do you already have an iPhone 4S? Share any thoughts and comments below!

Source: Wall Street Journal

Thanks
    Im personally waiting for the ip5 hope it will have LTE till then I'm happy with my 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I love how you people just go to Google, type in "iphone 4s," click on the news tab, and rewrite it for modmyi and claim it as your own. I love it! You know how i know you do that? Because i do the same thing! Every single day when i'm bored i do that. And guess what? Modmyi has the exact same article 6-12 hours later. It's great! Good reporting!

MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    I love how you people just go to Google, type in "iphone 4s," click on the news tab, and rewrite it for modmyi and claim it as your own. I love it! You know how i know you do that? Because i do the same thing! Every single day when i'm bored i do that. And guess what? Modmyi has the exact same article 6-12 hours later. It's great! Good reporting!
    Chill.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Not at all surprised. Hasn't it been this way every year?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Anthony Bouchard is doing a great job, posting new articles everyday. You rock ..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (11-17-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Anthony Bouchard is doing a great job, posting new articles everyday. You rock ..
    I think there was a mix up. I wrote this one but yes, Anthony does rock!

My gf got an iPhone 4S recently and we ended up having to wait 2 1/2 weeks to get one (in NYC) just to go pick up the device and then at the store, we ended up spending another 1.5 hour waiting on line at the Apple Store. I found the whole ordeal to be a tad bit ridiculous.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Akshay Masand For This Useful Post:

Anthony Bouchard (11-17-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

After i posted it, i noticed your name.you rock too..Akshay Masand.. keep up the good work. My provider keeps bugging me to upgrade so they can lock me in for another 3 years contract in Canada but i am not going to be tied to Rogers.. expensive plan. I am paying about 75 / month for nothing..

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    Have You ever heard of the news wire? Or associated press? Do you understand the concept of news? If CNN is first to report that there has been a earthquake killing thousands, does that mean when NBC News does a story on the earthquake, that they are "claiming it as their own"? No one OWNS a news story. Weird comment.

The sales figures for the iphone 4s are amazing!! Its funny how everyone, well...almost everyone, were so negative about it when it (iPhone 4s) was announced. Headlines like "Apple fans disappointed with new iPhone". Doesn't seem like there are very many people disappointed anymore! Just really wish Steve could have seen the success it is having. Kinda sad he died with so many people, even many of his own fans, disappointed with his final creation.

I'm eligible for an upgrade on Nov 30th.....Can't decide if I should wait for the 5, or just indulge myself with the 4s!! Not having a jailbreak does help make that decision a little easier... Decisions decisions!!!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Got mine. No battery issues no screen issues runs like a dream.

dxe
    Green Apple
    Thanks

This is very strange.....I ordered my ATT 4s throught the Apple web page Tuesday (this week), it has been shipped and is sitting in Anchorage Alaska as I type this out - should have it Monday.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Got mine. No battery issues no screen issues runs like a dream.
    Just got mine.. no battery issues, but yellowy screen. Gonna give this one to the wife lol and order a black one.

Thanks

Um... yeah, I'm quite sure Apple does this nonsense on purpose. With as popular as the iPhone is, do you seriously think they're gonna have slow distribution problems after 4 generations of iPhones? If I knew my phone was selling like hot cakes, by the millions, I'd be making sure I have them ready in abundance long before their release date. It's quite obvious they just wanna make the media etc. think they're so popular they can't keep-em on the shelves. Popular = Yes, Lack of supplies = No Way. This is complete, and utter foolishness. Apple is always full of marketing tricks up their sleeves, but this one just takes the up-side-down cake.

Thanks

I had mine for a couple weeks now still on 5.0 and 0 problems.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Went with my Mom to upgrade to the 4S on Monday and they told her 2-3 weeks. She just got it yesterday so it wasnt that bad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I'm eligible for an upgrade on Nov 30th.....Can't decide if I should wait for the 5, or just indulge myself with the 4s!! Not having a jailbreak does help make that decision a little easier... Decisions decisions!!!
    It's a two way thing right now. If you get the iPhone 4S now, chances are it might be on iOS 5.0 (which is what the untethered jailbreak will probably be on). If you wait, it might come shipped with iOS 5.0.1, in which case you can say goodbye to an untethered jailbreak (at least according to what the devs have been saying). Furthermore, if you wait for the iPhone 5, the phone will be released on date x, but who knows when the jailbreak for it will come. I for one cannot use an unjailbroken iPhone anymore, but this is something I urge people to take into consideration.